Katy Perry defends Ellen DeGeneres: "I have only ever had positive takeaways from my time with Ellen"

• Super Mods
17 minutes ago, EonBauer said:

it's ridiculous to think she was going to be treated badly. She is a huge star and if she's invited on a show everyone is going to threaten her right and be polite. Katy lives in a freaking bubble :jeanluc:

Not to mention Jonas Brothers=private bathroom. NikiTuturials= public bathroom like the rest of the common folk and oh yeah we start in 5 so you better run. Ditched Dakota’s party to hang with the bushes. What an Elitist :sipnstare:

I’m very disappointed with Katy...

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Content Curators
4 minutes ago, Puppy said:

Not to mention Jonas Brothers=private bathroom. NikiTuturials= public bathroom like the rest of the common folk and oh yeah we start in 5 so you better run. Ditched Dakota’s party to hang with the bushes. What an Elitist :sipnstare:

I’m very disappointed with Katy...

The mystery of why Katy is defending Ellen has been solved. Ellen is calling the A-listers now to do damage control. These 2 won't be the only ones speaking up / defending her. But what it shows is exactly what you said - Ellen treats the A-listers with kindness / politeness while mistreating her underpaid , overworked staff

• Love 1
  • Like 2

she’s had a “great experience” bc she’s katy perry. ofc every A list celebrity has had a great experience at Ellen! This is about her workers not about the guests (even tho i know nikki tutorials had a hard time). The problematic thing about Ellen seems to be her attitude behind the scenes and how she treats her employees not about celebs who go there to promote their stuff and leave.

• Love 1
  • Like 3
9 hours ago, MX3 said:

omfg Katy Perry - the issue is how Ellen treats her STAFF and common people who are "below" her in status. Not ******* high profile celebrities who are guests on her show or run into her at Hollywood parties.

This girl needs to get a grip that her reality isn't even close to what us "common folk" experience, Mrs. Situational Bout of Depression Because My Album Didn't Make Me As Many Millions As My Last Album.

Actually celebs have called her out on it too.  I think it started out with her staff, but it obviously spread to guests too.  She's too over her head.

Remember this epic clip when Dakota didn't let Ellen bash her, then called her out for lying then she blamed her staff but the staff turned it back on her too:

Heck, even Britney wasn't comfortable with her in her last 2 segments with her. She made Britney look like a snobby ***** who takes free expensive things, when we know she's nothing but frugal and humble.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

So that brings the count up to 3 people in support of Ellen against 1000 negative experiences. 
Ellen couldn’t even remember Katy was married even though Ellen gave her wedding presents on the show! I get it, Ellen has a lot of guests and episodes, but I don’t get why Katy would try and defend her with a few anecdotal experiences when Katy is A-list which, according to the complaints, were the only guests to be treated well. It would mean more coming from someone without Katy’s status. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
  • Content Curators
1 hour ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Did you guys see who’s actually defending Ellen? Bullies and bigots :haha: Katy and Scooter Braun :katyclown: Kevin Hart :clownery: the irony :deadbanana:

Diane Keaton, Natalie Portman and Michelle Pfeiffer are now on that list too.

I hope Mariah won't say anything nice after what Ellen has done to her.

There is this massive confussion and thin, thin line between calling out someone's ****ty behavior and cancel culture. So, if a bunch of employees and celebrities had a bad experience with her and they speak up...that is cancel culture? Open Question. 

Anyways, let me break it down. If I had a friend who is going through what Ellen is going through, I would also speak up and say that with me she was nice (if she was, obviously). Katy is totally free and she can speak up about whatever she wants. Now, that doesn't make Ellen any better. Sorry for drawing a parallel between a ********* and Ellen, who just happens to be an entitled, dismissive, out of touch narc, but you would be surprised how many people were super good friends with Jeffrey Epstein haha!!! And very important people, not a pop singer. They all loved the dude! 😂😂

Anyways, good for Ellen to have been selective enough to treat some people with big platforms, respectfully and  nicely. At least she has a few out there on her side. And maybe they did have pleasant experiences with her. Maybe she just felt that it was the ordinary people who were privileged to be around her and ****ty enough to be her punching bags and not even deserve a good morning from her. Maybe.

And out of all, Katy speaks up after being mum regarding Dr Loopitypoop🙄 swish swish, bish. 

Sarcasm aside, people are not cartoons. They can be two things at once. The fact that someone can be nice with some individuals , doesn't mean they will be with everyone. Manipulative people can be totally charming and lovely. They don't get through in life by always being ********** and dismissing people. They know how and when. 

I´ve been wondering why Ellen never talked about Britney situation (or even freebritney) since she always said that they were "friends".
She even received Britney as guest since 2008.........

After those allegations, I wonder if she has something deeper and darker with the Hollyweird scene.

Not too surprised by the Ellen stuff coming out. I always got mean vibes from her. She's also an Aquarius and they have a tendency to lack empathy on a personal level for people. Kathy Griffin was right. I agree with someone else who said her coming out did not make her a more empathetic person. How hypocritical of her to always talk about being kind and then all this stuff about how she treats people and her workplace comes out.

Of course she did, she's a celebrity guest. No talk show host would be rude to their own guest, especially someone with a voice who could ruin their reputation. As much as I've liked Ellen through these years, I can totally believe she's not a nice person. She played it well though. My friend lives in LA and has been to lots of talk show tapings and she said that every host is friendly to the audience and makes small talk during commercial breaks except Ellen - she didn't even look at the audience during breaks. Karma I guess.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block