Ashlee Simpson’s discography: appreciation thread

On 8/4/2020 at 1:45 AM, iAlwaysSingLive said:

The only album of hers that I've listened to is "Bittersweet World", and I remember loving it (even though I haven't given it another listen in years). :katyclown: This'll forever be iconic:

:kylie:

That was actually good, BACK THEN. But now the quality sounds sooo cheap. I mean it was 2008, not the 80s

But still, is so good this song!

40 minutes ago, J.R. said:

I've been waiting for her to come back (with solo music) for ages, I keep coming back to her discography from time to time, I fell in love with "pieces of me" still one of my favorites, "autobiography, La la, shadow, surrender and love me for me" were also great. I am me is probably my favorite album of hers "boyfriend, l.o.v.e., beautifully broken, burning up, get nasty, invisible, in another life, kicking and screaming, coming back for more". When bittersweet world came out I was not so into it, but now I appreciate it so much more, "outta my head, boys, rule breaker, little miss obsessive, ragdoll, hot stuff, follow you wherever you go" full on bops. Also I need to talk about her 2012 comeback "bat for a heart" I was really excited for her new music/album, I really like the song, and I'm still so pissed off it was all canceled. Yeah Ashlee we need you back (on solo mode) please.

fraud GIF

40 minutes ago, J.R. said:

I've been waiting for her to come back (with solo music) for ages, I keep coming back to her discography from time to time, I fell in love with "pieces of me" still one of my favorites, "autobiography, La la, shadow, surrender and love me for me" were also great. I am me is probably my favorite album of hers "boyfriend, l.o.v.e., beautifully broken, burning up, get nasty, invisible, in another life, kicking and screaming, coming back for more". When bittersweet world came out I was not so into it, but now I appreciate it so much more, "outta my head, boys, rule breaker, little miss obsessive, ragdoll, hot stuff, follow you wherever you go" full on bops. Also I need to talk about her 2012 comeback "bat for a heart" I was really excited for her new music/album, I really like the song, and I'm still so pissed off it was all canceled. Yeah Ashlee we need you back (on solo mode) please.

fraud GIF

I really wanted to like ‘Bat for a Heart’ but it didn’t do much for me. Woooow Ragdoll, I love that one!!!

2 hours ago, hot mess said:

I LOVED her music (and her show :yesokay:) back then when I a tennager. I still listen to some of her songs ocasionally. 

I think what truly killed her career was "Outta My Head". It was cute but it's wasn't the hit lead single that she needed for a comeback. Bittersweet World was a good album but it had no hit songs on it. 

A comeback would be cute ngl. 

I remember that episode in which she was being followed by paparazzi, she told the police, and they told her they were just doing their job lol. 

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Adriannn said:

I remember that episode in which she was being followed by paparazzi, she told the police, and they told her they were just doing their job lol. 

I re-watched some clips from the show the other day out of boredom, and it was a total cringe fest. lol but teenage me loved it. 

25 minutes ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

Aww I used to love Ashlee Simpson. L.O.V.E, Boyfriend, Little Miss Obsessive and Pieces Of Me are so good and Outta My Head (Ay Ya Ya) is still that bop, its in regular rotation on my favourites playlist. 
I give Ashlees essentials list a listen from time to time for nostalgias sake :lollipop:

The glorious mid 2000s

2 minutes ago, hot mess said:

I watched some clips from it the other day, and it was a total cringe fest. lol but teenager me loved it.

Lol I know! Although the episodes where she was working on her album were enjoyable. 

• Like 1

One of my favourite songs from Ashlee Simpson has to be "In Another Life," it was definitely my in-the-closet theme. It's a shame that her solo career didn't continue after the 2000s. But she did release a duet album with her husband, Evan Ross. From "Ashlee + Evan," I really like the song "Tonic," a different sound from her Pop/Rock days. Thank you for making this post, it's definitely a great throwback topic!

• Love 1
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, myonlywish said:

One of my favourite songs from Ashlee Simpson has to be "In Another Life," it was definitely my in-the-closet theme. It's a shame that her solo career didn't continue after the 2000s. But she did release a duet album with her husband, Evan Ross. From "Ashlee + Evan," I really like the song "Tonic," a different sound from her Pop/Rock days. Thank you for making this post, it's definitely a great throwback topic!

‘In Another Life’ is a great song 

• Like 1

Lol this thread....pieces of me was a cute song and I had to look it up but I did like LOVE. I think the lip singing mishap ****ed up her career and then she came back with a new nose which I think made her very unrecognizable not because it her face was messed up before but because she went from dorky quirky kid sister to hot chick. Idk they have lots of money to not give a **** about making another album. Who cares. The Dad is supposedly gay now too...which I wasn’t that surprised 

• Love 1
On 8/5/2020 at 3:50 PM, Adriannn said:

I really wanted to like ‘Bat for a Heart’ but it didn’t do much for me. Woooow Ragdoll, I love that one!!!

I get it "bat for a heart" is a choice, but I like it, and it gave me hope for a new reinvention from her at the time, I was ready for her new music, but yeah, nothing happened. Ragdoll is such a fun, makes me perform in my room in the middle of the night on my daily private concerts hahaha

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, J.R. said:

I get it "bat for a heart" is a choice, but I like it, and it gave me hope for a new reinvention from her at the time, I was ready for her new music, but yeah, nothing happened. Ragdoll is such a fun, makes me perform in my room in the middle of the night on my daily private concerts hahaha

Does ‘******’ appear in your set list?

On 8/5/2020 at 8:46 AM, summer2summer said:

She was so vicious towards Britney in 2007. Took so many digs in an interview even her boyfriend gave her an ugly look . 

Im here to remind you guys :meryell: 

I seem to be the one calling out Britney haters lately , first that katy hairy thread and now this wannabe :meryell:

It's funny how karma has tarnished the career of anyone who's been shytty to Britney

Justin boy did his outside rapidly match his insides, fugly.

Xtina do I need to say anything?

Jessica inflated like a Macy's Balloon.

Ashlee faded into obscurity quickly.

Willa, who?

Avril had to sell out on album 3 and rapidly declined.

Katy's shady moments came back to bite her hard.

Ke$ha didn't deserve it as bad as she got it.

Simon Cowell had his show cancelled and had to go back to the UK.

Timbaland completely fell off the map that even Missy got punished for playing along in his shade.

Matthew Morrison needed to call in a favor to Ryan Murphy so he wouldn't remain unemployed.

Nicole Scherzinger never got that solo career for making fun of Brit.

Let's see who's been rewarded.

Beyonce, despite her flaws and thievery, has never said anything bad about Britney and continued to have success.

Taylor Swift idolized Brit and tries so hard to be like her, still a huge success.

Zoe Saladana has ALWAYS said wonderful things about Britney and has always defended her. Starred in two of the highest grossing movies of all time.

Jennifer Lopez has always been kind to Brit, blessed with eternal beauty.

Mario Lopez the only saved by the bell cast mate who is relevant.

Ariana Grande a genuine fan, is absolutely killing it.

Selena Gomez should have never been successful yet was rewarded for worshipping the Queen.

Maroon 5 did not hesitate to choose Britney over Xtina, had #1's left and right.

So what have we learned today children?

24yctnd_zps0348233d.gif

• Love 2
  • Haha 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block