Kelly Rowland says for an entire decade she felt like she lived in Beyonce's shadow

I mean, did she lie. We been knew, Kelendria. :barbie:

Beyoncé's star power is really something. You can't not be overshadowed by Beyoncé even when she wasn't the "BEYONCÉ", she was still "Beyoncé". She always had it in her. And it's not that Kelly just doesn't have it. No. Beyoncé was just born to be a star from the beginning. SHE. IS. DESTINY'S CHILD. It's not Destiny's Children after all. :tiffdrink:

• Love 3
  • Haha 2
45 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

I mean, did she lie. We been knew, Kelendria. :barbie:

Beyoncé's star power is really something. You can't not be overshadowed by Beyoncé even when she wasn't the "BEYONCÉ", she was still "Beyoncé". She always had it in her. And it's not that Kelly just doesn't have it. No. Beyoncé was just born to be a star from the beginning. SHE. IS. DESTINY'S CHILD. It's not Destiny's Children after all. :tiffdrink:

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bab8541c4fcca9bb6bc

• Haha 2
  • Super Mods
5 hours ago, Deyonce said:

Kelly is the better dancer but Bey has it on lock in every other area. Kelly still deserved more success though. Though she had some hits (Dilemma and Motivation). The reason why her career "flopped" is for a mixture of reasons: Lack of a consistent sound, not being consistent, not enough industry backing, and colorism.

Yeah but Beyoncé has all the resources available to her because of her dad. He was extra hard on her so while the girls go home, he would have her do extra lessons. How else would she be able to sing opera and then she had acting roles while she was still in DC. I think if both girls started equally, I think Kelly can be as popular as Beyoncé. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

Imagine to be so humble to share your success with your cousin which is not able to sing or dance like you and at the end that ***** is not happy. :lessons:

Gurl, you have a career only because Beyoncè sing and dance also for you :lessons:

That is a little coarse, but what you're saying is no untrue. DC would have not been as big without Beyoncé.
Kelly (and Michelle) are very talented too, but were able have solo carrers because they were in one of the biggest group in the world. And the group was big thanks to Beyoncé (mainly). :liberatedaf:
But I can understand the girls would feel like they were B's background singers, and have the pressure of the comparison. :crying1:
Everything they would do in solo is compared to Beyonce's voice / dance / look / and especially sales.  

I don't feel the same issue with the Spice Girls for exemple...But it might be because they are very different from each other and based the whole concept of the group on this point.

• Like 2

I mean obviously. I don't like Beyonce but she and her family made her the star of Destiny's Child which is such BS. Didn't her dad like finance them or manage them or something? And her mom made those ridiculously ugly costumes for them and always gave Beyonce the best one? She didn't give anyone a chance to shine in that group. I can't even imagine being her friend, I bet she always has to be the center of attention and she always let's you know she's the star. She seems annoying af.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

Yeah but Beyoncé has all the resources available to her because of her dad. He was extra hard on her so while the girls go home, he would have her do extra lessons. How else would she be able to sing opera and then she had acting roles while she was still in DC. I think if both girls started equally, I think Kelly can be as popular as Beyoncé. 

I don't think Kelly could be as big as Beyoncé. The main thing that sets Bey apart from her peers is her work ethic. She is always trying to be better which is why she typically tops herself and why she is in a league and lane of her own. Kelly lived with Beyoncé since they were kids so she went home with Beyoncé actually. 

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, PickleSpears said:

I mean obviously. I don't like Beyonce but she and her family made her the star of Destiny's Child which is such BS. Didn't her dad like finance them or manage them or something? And her mom made those ridiculously ugly costumes for them and always gave Beyonce the best one? She didn't give anyone a chance to shine in that group. I can't even imagine being her friend, I bet she always has to be the center of attention and she always let's you know she's the star. She seems annoying af.

I don't understand why people always come for DC for having a lead singer but never come for The Supremes or TLC. Some groups have lead singers; it's just a method of doing things. And people seem to forget that ever since Michelle joined every girl got a solo in most of the songs and Bey let Michelle sing the 2nd verse in Bills. For me honestly, Kelly had the best outfits and since her hair was short for most of the time she wasn't wearing those cheap greasy wigs Bey was wearing. Also, Beyoncé wanted the other girls to have lead parts but Matthew didn't and the producers saw that Bey took the least time recording so that's how it ended up in DC4. 

2 hours ago, Deyonce said:

I don't understand why people always come for DC for having a lead singer but never come for The Supremes or TLC. Some groups have lead singers; it's just a method of doing things. And people seem to forget that ever since Michelle joined every girl got a solo in most of the songs and Bey let Michelle sing the 2nd verse in Bills. For me honestly, Kelly had the best outfits and since her hair was short for most of the time she wasn't wearing those cheap greasy wigs Bey was wearing. Also, Beyoncé wanted the other girls to have lead parts but Matthew didn't and the producers saw that Bey took the least time recording so that's how it ended up in DC4. 

Idc about The Supremes to be completely honest and TLC was on another level than DC would ever be. They had their own thing and weren't just a manufactured pop group. It's off-putting with DC bc the whole group revolved around Beyonce and her family so it was pretty obvious why they put her up front. Like none of the other girls shoved their annoying families in our face like Beyonce did/does.

9 minutes ago, PickleSpears said:

Idc about The Supremes to be completely honest and TLC was on another level than DC would ever be. They had their own thing and weren't just a manufactured pop group. It's off-putting with DC bc the whole group revolved around Beyonce and her family so it was pretty obvious why they put her up front. Like none of the other girls shoved their annoying families in our face like Beyonce did/does.

Beyoncè has shared the stage of Superbowl and Coachella with Kelly and Michelle and you still complain about it? :lessons:

Beyoncè was the last to going solo, who stopped Kelly and Michelle to be more succesfull than Beyoncè? :lessons:

• Like 1
3 hours ago, PickleSpears said:

TLC doesn't even write their own songs though. DC started writing from the beginning and by Survivor every song was written by at least Beyoncé. And what does TLC's "Level" have to do with the fact that T-Boz is the lead singer and there are entire songs that had no vocals from Left Eye (prior to her death)? Their group structure isn't bad. They picked a system that worked for them. You're just a Beyoncé hater who is grasping for straws, (as y'all all do) for something to drag her for.

17 hours ago, Deyonce said:

TLC doesn't even write their own songs though. DC started writing from the beginning and by Survivor every song was written by at least Beyoncé. And what does TLC's "Level" have to do with the fact that T-Boz is the lead singer and there are entire songs that had no vocals from Left Eye (prior to her death)? Their group structure isn't bad. They picked a system that worked for them. You're just a Beyoncé hater who is grasping for straws, (as y'all all do) for something to drag her for.

I'm not a Beyonce or DC fan. DC just never did it for me, they didn't have the same pull that other pop groups did like NSync or BSB or other exciting groups. They didn't have the personalities, dance moves, videos, performances, or the music. Oh well.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block