Lil Nas X drops insanely epic "Call Me By Your Name" music video, hits #1 on the Hot 100

Wow, this is what I call a daring and iconic video! :scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on:

Clearly way above any male artist these days. And he's going even harder than many female pop stars. A bit tacky maybe, but he deserves praise for not caring about what people think.

All his videos have been very creative. He's impressive. :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

The song is good, though is voice is a tad overprocessed at times.

giphy.gif

This pole scene! :omgreallyney_britney_oh_omg_god_my_shocked_wow_really_in_the_zone_2003:

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, MonAmour said:

There's no such thing as Islamophobia. He was objectively critical of the fact that Islam promotes violence and the ****** of gays. The facts are in the quran. I'm an ex-Muslim myself and I don't think he said anything wrong.
Being a Nicki fan isn't something to be proud of, I don't blame him for that either. You act like he's a murderer or something, lol.

What facts? The fact that men assaulting other men is prohibited in the Quran and that nothing about actual consensual gay relationships is condemned? :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Colonialism is the biggest factor as to why many Islamic countries prohibit LGBT, conservative attitudes that made their way over to those countries lead to extreme misinterpretation. 

• Haha 2
  • Like 3

Video is dope! Finally a male popstar serving some visual goodness.

BTW the whole story of the video is Adam & Eve (Steve?). The serpent, the fall from angel to devil, etc..

The religious nut jobs are already going crazy on twitter, it's hilarious and exactly the point of the video.

Song is catchy af too.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Marcanthony said:

The intention behind the videos are very well but i think he needs better VFX or art director. It just misses a mark when it gets executed.

In think I get what you mean :rlynow_britney_really_clasped_um_ok_seriously:. It had a more fun vibe to it where the execution became a bit too comedic or laughable at times instead of edgy/**** which I hope was unintentional. Do you agree? 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

The song is fire, the video is kinda messy but I like the **** parts :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw: 

I understand that straight guys can be shocked watching this cause they probably have never seen a guy lap dancing, stripping in heels etc. It's a normal reaction I guess. 

The song is boring. You're right though, the video is messy. 

• Love 3

There was nothing "epic" about his video in my opinion; every time someone calls anything that's pro-LGBT+ as "brave" or "daring", I just can't help but cackle. Maybe if we were in the 1800s, but it's 2021 ma'am. There's nothing extraordinary about showcasing LGBT+ subject matter. In particular, his video is just a huge rip-off of what other modern rappers and R&B artists have done - the pole scene was lifted straight out of FKA twigs' Cellophane video ffs. :riha_rihanna_cackle_laughing_lol_haha_hehe_lmao_hand: 

That said, I don't think that his comments about Islam count as Islamophobia; he's said many negative things about Christianity as well iirc, yet nobody here would label him as a Christophobe. So at least keep things consistent. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Stefani said:

There was nothing "epic" about his video in my opinion; every time someone calls anything that's pro-LGBT+ as "brave" or "daring", I just can't help but cackle. Maybe if we were in the 1800s, but it's 2021 ma'am. There's nothing extraordinary about showcasing LGBT+ subject matter. In particular, his video is just a huge rip-off of what other modern rappers and R&B artists have done - the pole scene was lifted straight out of FKA twigs' Cellophane video ffs. :riha_rihanna_cackle_laughing_lol_haha_hehe_lmao_hand: 

That said, I don't think that his comments about Islam count as Islamophobia; he's said many negative things about Christianity as well iirc, yet nobody here would label him as a Christophobe. So at least keep things consistent. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

Name another gay male artist who released anything like this.

• Love 2
  • Like 3

I miss when music used to be good..  :umok_pursed_squint_well_okay:

Ever since he came out it’s been nothing but S3X and overexposure. I hate when someone comes out and their S3xuality instantly becomes the main product. It’s not cool and it’s become so boring.  :parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading:

With the WAP of it all, music is so over-saturated. Like, for real. There’s no quality these days. I’ll give him a plus for creativity, his videos have that and they’re fun but it’s still a bunch of CGI and nothing real in the video. That’s not epic. 

I love a good N@$TY anthem, but I guess I just miss good song writing and production. I feel for the most part that’s not something kids these days get to experience. 

He was fun and cute with Panini and I like him as an “artist” but this new batch of pop kids seem to have very little to offer. It’s all purely marketing, the art just isn’t there. People need stop acting like this stuff is Real Music, cuz we haven’t heard too much of that in a while. But whatever, I’m over it.  :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

Also, bring back the 3 1/2 to 4 minute pop songs. Enough of these interlude bops, like the song isn’t even 2:30. Okay, I’m done.  :sipney_britney_starbucks_straw_sipping_drinking_spill:

• Love 2
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

What facts? The fact that men assaulting other men is prohibited in the Quran and that nothing about actual consensual gay relationships is condemned? :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Colonialism is the biggest factor as to why many Islamic countries prohibit LGBT, conservative attitudes that made their way over to those countries lead to extreme misinterpretation. 

This forum proves that islamophobia is a 'thing'. Sam, Britney's boyfriend, is constantly taunted for his name on this very forum that we are on. That in itself highlights its existence.

• Love 2
  • Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block