"Britney Spears: right to her own lawyer" petition receives 100K+ signatures in less than a week

Hello, guys!!

Well, first, i confess that I don't know how these petitions can really help, in practical terms. But I think it's good to generate commotion and keep people talking about these topics.

This was already circulating on Twitter, for Britney get the right to hire her own lawyer.

https://www.change.org/p/britney-spears-let-britney-spears-hire-her-own-lawyer?recruiter=895791581&recruited_by_id=01c128e0-a6f3-11e8-b087-9d65bf32eb65&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=petition_dashboard

AND then, there is a new one, from the White House website :jl:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/conservatorship-and-civil-liberties-britney-spears

Needs 99,238 signatures by August 8, 2020 to get a response from the government. 

tumblr_mu1fx32HjT1qd1mswo1_400.gif

• Love 4
  • Like 1
On 7/9/2020 at 2:39 PM, LikeShatteredGlass said:

Not sure if this was already posted, but a friend of mine just shared a Change.org petition for Britney to have the right to her own lawyer. Not sure how much will come of this outside of building momentum for #FreeBritney but I wanted to share: 

https://www.change.org/p/britney-spears-let-britney-spears-hire-her-own-lawyer

britney spears oops GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

free-britney-change.jpg.7c16ae7b41165f63e169719cc59f6eb7.jpg

41 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Hey guys,

We need your help severely, a petition has been put up where if we succeed to reach 100k+ signatures, #freebritney will be taken into notice by the court

Your vote is highly important and we need yr help!
pls sign up for Britney’s freedom

#freebritney

#signuppetition

Signed both. Think About It Signature GIF by Slayter

• Love 2
On 7/9/2020 at 11:49 AM, EasyThere said:

She is legally not allowed to have her own lawyer. Which tells you more than enough of how corrupt Conservatorships are

In theory she has the right to have her own lawyer (that's what Sam Ingham III is supposed to be) but usually it should be someone chosen by the conservatee not someone appointed by the same judge that put her under a conservatorship in record time

• Love 1
  • Like 4
2 minutes ago, DonoDotto said:

Im so confused, is there more than one petition going around for this same cause?

There’s multiple going around. This one isn’t going to change anything, yet has the most support. The one for the Whitehouse is struggling to get any support, yet could make all the difference. 

I signed both. :lollipop:

• Love 2
  • Like 1