Britney's version of 'I Love Rock N Roll' and 'My Prerogative' have more views on YouTube than the originals. Are we surprised?

14 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

It's a hot, barely-legal blonde white girl grinding on inanimate objects in skimpy outfits. Of COURSE her versions are going to be more popular.

Also, it's interesting to note, both of the other ILRNR singers have complimented Britney on her cover. Cher was actually supposed to duet with Britney in some live performances for "The Beat Goes On", so it can be assumed she liked it. And that dude with the weird mouth and all the scarves from Aerosmith said he loved Britney's cover of Satisfaction.

Basically all of her covers have been approved by the original artists EXCEPT My Prerogative. For some reason (likely jealousy), Bobby Brown refuses to let Britney perform My Prerogative, and he dislikes her version.

I know you did not just disrespect Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones by calling them Aerosmith. :drag:

Plus, I thought that Bobby Brown passed away like years ago :idkney:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
15 hours ago, Towelney said:

He won’t let her perform the song? :ohwut:

B00by Brown is cancelled!! :howdareyou:

Gurl, Bobby's BEEN cancelled. Didn't you know he used to beat Whitney? And that he's the one who got her into ***** in the first place?

15 hours ago, TheySayImCrazy18 said:

When Will Floppy Brown Except That Britney’s Version Is Better Then His And People Only Care For The Queens Version? 

Apparently 2018, because she was set to premiere it for the first time at Domination.

14 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

I'm so confused, wasn't she going to perform it at Domination :embarrassney:

Anyways, personally I don't particularly like Britney's cover nor the original version of I Love Rock 'N Roll however I will always prefer Britney's version of My Prerogative. It sounds so much better to me.

Yeah, you're right. So Team Britney may have finally made a deal with Bobby's team.

13 hours ago, Isla said:

Ddd there’s a video of the audio of Joan Jett’s version that has 35 million views.

Really? If that was the case then surely she wouldn’t have been able to record it in the first place?

Unless Bobby owns the rights to the song, Team Britney would have only needed permission from his label. I think. Either way, from what I've read he originally had no problem with it until he noticed that a) she inserted her original spoken monologue at the start and b) that her version was far more popular than his.

11 hours ago, Mattyj7883 said:

BasicTestyAfricanfisheagle-size_restrict

Here’s looking at you, Bobby.  :chrissy:

He really needs to go sit in a room and think about all the stuff he put Whitney through.

54 minutes ago, Sinned_88 said:

I know you did not just disrespect Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones by calling them Aerosmith. :drag:

Plus, I thought that Bobby Brown passed away like years ago :idkney:

:britdrown: Why did I confuse Mick Jagger with Steven Tyler? Why did I confuse Aerosmith with the Rolling Stones? I'm gagged.

• Love 4
  • Haha 5

I'm sorry Bobby Brown but My Prerogative is a Britney song. I don't know his version :bedtime:

And many people "hate" Britney's ILRR but in my country the song is used A LOT. Like all the time. It's pretty cool lol Anyway... As someone said before, ILRR and My Prerogavtive are among her best videos :letitburn:

• Love 5
16 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Basically all of her covers have been approved by the original artists EXCEPT My Prerogative. For some reason (likely jealousy), Bobby Brown refuses to let Britney perform My Prerogative, and he dislikes her version.

Suzanne Vega on Britney's Tom's Diner

“I have to say, I was surprised,” Vega says. “It came right on the heels of Fall Out Boy [who sampled the song on “Centuries”]. I thought, ‘That’s great that Britney Spears wants to do this.’ I was impressed because it was her idea and … it’s showing maturity in her career choices.”

Vega admits she was also surprised how closely Moroder followed the DNA remix that hit Number Five on the Hot 100 in 1990 after its release, hoping it may take on a disco tinge. “I’m a big Donna Summer fan, and I was expecting a real transformation,” she says. “I was thrilled [Britney] did it, and I hope she does it in her live show.”

• Love 6
On 7/2/2020 at 11:32 PM, Britney'sBish said:

I definitely prefer Britney's My Prerogative over Bobby's

But I honestly only like the video for Britney's I Love Rock N Roll. Her version of the song is a little too cheesy with the, "is this thing on" line and I don't like the production on it. Her vocals were perfect though.

I think I prefer the original...

I think my problem with the original and Joan Jett's version is that they sound too bland to me, like the music is just the same from beginning to end, and the vocals are almost spoken, like there's no emotion.

Britney, the "untalented" singer sings much more on her version, and the instrumental of the song just feels more alive with Darkchild's production, and anyone that fails to notice that need to check their ears. I suppose it is the time difference between the release of the songs, I'm not particularly fond of 70's music.

So of course I'm not expecting people that knew the original song or the first cover back in the day to prefer Britney's version, but what I hate is that blind dismissal of a cover, especially if it's Britney, just because it's a cover (or just because it's Britney).

• Love 3
2 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Unless Bobby owns the rights to the song, Team Britney would have only needed permission from his label. I think. Either way, from what I've read he originally had no problem with it until he noticed that a) she inserted her original spoken monologue at the start and b) that her version was far more popular than his.

Dd if that's the case he just sounds really bitter.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

He really needs to go sit in a room and think about all the stuff he put Whitney through.

Agreed.  I never liked him.  I know that there’s always more than one side to a story, however, I feel she deserved better.  
(btw, fun fact, I got my second downvote ever for my original comment hahaha)Whitney Houston Whatever GIF

• Love 2
20 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think my problem with the original and Joan Jett's version is that they sound too bland to me, like the music is just the same from beginning to end, and the vocals are almost spoken, like there's no emotion.

Britney, the "untalented" singer sings much more on her version, and the instrumental of the song just feels more alive with Darkchild's production, and anyway that fails to notice that need to check their ears. I suppose it is the time difference between the release of the songs, I'm not particularly fond of 70's music.

So of course I'm not expecting people that knew the original song or the first cover back in the day to prefer Britney's version, but what I hate is that blind dismissal of a cover, especially if it's Britney, just because it's a cover (or just because it's Britney).

I agree that I like Britney's vocals the best outta the three, but I just really don't like the production.

On 7/3/2020 at 3:06 AM, BrittonJeanSpears said:

It's a hot, barely-legal blonde white girl grinding on inanimate objects in skimpy outfits. Of COURSE her versions are going to be more popular.

Also, it's interesting to note, both of the other ILRNR singers have complimented Britney on her cover. Cher was actually supposed to duet with Britney in some live performances for "The Beat Goes On", so it can be assumed she liked it. And that dude with the weird mouth and all the scarves from Aerosmith said he loved Britney's cover of Satisfaction.

And that dude with the weird mouth and all the scarves from Aerosmith said he loved Britney's cover of Satisfaction. - haha steven tyler aerosmith GIF

• Haha 1
On 7/3/2020 at 3:40 AM, hellokittybish6 said:

At the time of My prerogative release alot ALOT of people i knew who didnt like Britney LOVED that re-make my older sister who was born in 1981 LOVED the Britney Version way more! :) That was way before youtube!  and ALSO I LOVE ROCK N ROLL! those 2 were her fave Britney songs <3 they are super current! 

I thought that 'My Prerogative' was originally her song! three years back, i learned the truth!

• Like 1