Britney's version of 'I Love Rock N Roll' and 'My Prerogative' have more views on YouTube than the originals. Are we surprised?

Britney's version of my prerogative was a bigger hit than Bobby Brown's globally. Look at the charts: Bobby Brown's was only a huge hit in the US (300 million inhabitants) whereas Britney's version was a top 10 hit in 21 countries, except in the US (I guess that it was because digital wasn't counted? idk) 

The same happened with Lady Marmalade, which eventually ended up being a bigger international hit than the original. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Prerogative 

edit: plus, both MV have some re-watch value, unlike the originals. Britney's Porsche scene was so cool.  

• Love 7
  • Like 1

It's a hot, barely-legal blonde white girl grinding on inanimate objects in skimpy outfits. Of COURSE her versions are going to be more popular.

Also, it's interesting to note, both of the other ILRNR singers have complimented Britney on her cover. Cher was actually supposed to duet with Britney in some live performances for "The Beat Goes On", so it can be assumed she liked it. And that dude with the weird mouth and all the scarves from Aerosmith said he loved Britney's cover of Satisfaction.

Basically all of her covers have been approved by the original artists EXCEPT My Prerogative. For some reason (likely jealousy), Bobby Brown refuses to let Britney perform My Prerogative, and he dislikes her version.

• Love 4
  • Haha 1

I Don’t Care For The Original Or The Britney Re - Makes.  But, What I Can Say Is That Both Videos Deserve To Have More Views, ILRNR Is Probably The Second Hottest She Looked In The Videos In The Britney Era (Behind Slave).  My Prerogative Music Video Is Perfect.  She Looked Great And The Car Scene Where She Drives Into The Pool Is Iconic.  Ugh, When Will Your Favs. :praisega:

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Basically all of her covers have been approved by the original artists EXCEPT My Prerogative. For some reason (likely jealousy), Bobby Brown refuses to let Britney perform My Prerogative, and he dislikes her version.

When Will Floppy Brown Except That Britney’s Version Is Better Then His And People Only Care For The Queens Version? 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Once again she got hatred for doing something that lots of people would start doing right after. Madonna with Hang up, BEP with I gotta feeling, and so many others after that have done mash ups, including Doja Cat just recently and any other reggaeton artist (China, Me Gusta, etc.). So thank you Britney for being a trend setter and not only not getting recgnition but getting bashed for it :fran:

• Love 3
  • Like 2