Britney's version of 'I Love Rock N Roll' and 'My Prerogative' have more views on YouTube than the originals. Are we surprised?

On 7/2/2020 at 7:38 PM, Roxxy said:

We been knew the reason Britney's versions outimpacted the originals is because of the addition of ultra iconic intros.  :mattafact:

"People can take everything away from you. But they can never take away your truth. But the question is... can you handle mine?"

"Hey! Is this thing on?"

Her mind. :barbie:

"hey is this thing on?" UGH A POET:ohwut:

• Love 1

This is tricky. First, we are on a Britney Board, so most likely people will find a little bit of confirmation bias haha. It's like asking in an " I love vanilla ice cream" forum which flavor.they prefer.

Another point is that of course generations will tend to prefer what they are familiar with. Those who were teens with the original songs will always prefer their originals, not Britney's cover. Those who are fans of Britney, are going to prefer hers.

Trying to leave all that aside, I prefer Britney's version of MP, it's way more thrilling and cohesive song. I prefer the original ILRAR, in spite of loving the video. Britney's version is fine but it's borderline bubblegum in it's production

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Britneys version of I love rock n roll is better than Joan Jetts. I actually prefer Arrows version over Joans too.

I love Bobby Browns "My Prerogative" and I did not like Britneys version when it was first released. As the years passed, I now love Britneys version more that Bobbys.

• Love 1
  • Like 1