Vote for Britney as Billboard's Favorite Gay Icon

A lot of people in this thread need to wake up a little bit. You DO NOT have to be an activist to be an icon.

Diana Ross, who is arguably the biggest gay icon of all time, never got involved in gay activism besides releasing the song “I’m Coming Out”. She took a very soft approach to talking about gay rights in public, just the same as Britney does.

7 hours ago, BritneyLover said:

20 years into your career there has to be many things you learned and u want to make a statement using your power of influence.

The thing is I don't believe she feels she has any power or influence, and not just because of the conservatorship, but it's been since forever. She's always hated to be portrayed as a role model, or some kind of opinion leader, and she's so humble, that I think she goes to the extreme where she truly believes she isn't anyone to talk about anything that is happening (that, if she's even aware of what happens on the news, etc). 

I understand your point, and I think in theory, the fact that artists or famous people in general try to use their "influence" or their platform to support what they believe is a good cause, in general, that is a positive thing to do. However, I think in order to do so, there must be an underlying cockiness or conceitedness in such artist (or any person that has a platform) to believe or be convinced that the world actually wants to hear what they have to say, or that their words can actually have an impact. And even if it was true, I'm sure Britney just doesn't see herself that way. 

That, besides the fact that during her career she's been criticized and attacked and mocked for everything she did or said or even what she didn't do or say, that maybe she just feels that anything she contributes to any topic will be somehow used against her. :yaknow:

The gays are downvoting me because I don’t care if Britney wins this poll or not. She don’t even care about her music career, her gay fans, she simply just don’t care to speak her mind. I stan since 2008 and NEVER saw her talking about GAYS. Instagram posts don’t even count for whatever reasons.

I always hated Gaga ‘cause she was such a force in music back then, but I never followed her because of my devotion to Britney and only Britney. HOWEVER, Gaga’s outstanding devotion for the gay community was pretty much loud and clear and visible. 

christina aguilera nobody cares GIF

Britney may be a gay icon, but she really hasn’t done much for us. I mean, yes, she inspired us, but she only became a gay icon because a lot of gay men tend to like her. Madonna and Lady Gaga have done far more as far as actually pushing for progress for us.

Voted! :)
So where's Doja Cat? I can't see her on the list...  :tifflmao:

6 hours ago, Style. said:

The gays are downvoting me because I don’t care if Britney wins this poll or not. She don’t even care about her music career, her gay fans, she simply just don’t care to speak her mind. I stan since 2008 and NEVER saw her talking about GAYS. Instagram posts don’t even count for whatever reasons.

I always hated Gaga ‘cause she was such a force in music back then, but I never followed her because of my devotion to Britney and only Britney. HOWEVER, Gaga’s outstanding devotion for the gay community was pretty much loud and clear and visible. 

christina aguilera nobody cares GIF

This is bullsh it. Why do you stan an artist? Pick your reason (their music, how they sing, their style, their personal life and beliefs, what they do for the LGBTQ community, etc) and run with it and stop comparing artists or even complaning about what others pick.

I don't think Britney is a great gay ally, especially not when Madonna and Cher and even Ariana Grande exist. Those are true gay rights activists. But I don't stan Britney because of that, so I voted for her.