Vote for Britney as Billboard's Favorite Gay Icon

Vote here: https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/pride/9409012/favorite-gay-icon-poll

Britney is currently third behind Lady Gaga and Madonna with a huge lead over the rest. While some may argue that Britney's isn't as much as an activist as some artists on the list (especially Madonna and Gaga), Britney has shown through the years that she has always been an ally. GLAAD recognizes her gay icon status and awarded her the GLAAD Vanguard Award. In my honest opinion, even if she hasn't done much, she remains as one of the most beloved gay icons because the LGBTQ+ identifies with her artistry, her life struggles, her mental health problems, and her story is one that inspires the community to always be strong(er than yesterday) and to keep on fighting no matter what rocupcakess you encounter. :mcry:

Needless to say, I have no problem with Gaga or Madonna winning this I love them both, Britney loves them both, and the gay community loces them both. They're all Queens. :mcry:FB_IMG_1593158397577.jpg.3384d939184d997bc4b84bbe102847e8.jpg

Edited by Roxxy
Featured. TEEHEE 💛🧡💜
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, Itachi said:

Vote here: https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/pride/9409012/favorite-gay-icon-poll

Britney is currently third behind Lady Gaga and Madonna with a huge lead over the rest. While some may argue that Britney's isn't as much as an activist as some artists on the list (especially Madonna and Gaga), Britney has shown through the years that she has always been an ally. GLAAD recognizes her gay icon status and awarded her the GLAAD Vanguard Award. In my honest opinion, even if she hasn't done much, she remains as one of the most beloved gay icons because the LGBTQ+ identifies with her artistry, her life struggles, her mental health problems, and her story is one that inspires the community to always be strong(er than yesterday) and to keep on fighting no matter what rocupcakess you encounter. :mcry:

Needless to say, I have no problem with Gaga or Madonna winning this I love them both, Britney loves them both, and the gay community loces them both. They're all Queens. :mcry:

What a beautiful description of Britney and recognition of the two other artists, we need more of that in this world :crying1:

( sorry Imean girls feelings GIF )

Getting to vote b---- :clap:

I’m sorry I’ve been interested in Britney’s career since she started when I was still I school and believed the artificial image shes been pushed to sell but I don’t blame her bc she tried her damndest I think, however she’s just not a gay icon. Any support she’s showed publicly and officially for our community is just for dollars. Her real support is there if you have the eye to read between the lies like everything else but as a gay man that grew up with Britney, I wouldn’t tell another young gay if they asked me about what it was like growing up in my generation that Britney helped much in any real way. She couldn’t even if she wanted to I think so I don’t blame her so much but the people around her since I think it’s pretty clear what their true motives are to anyone that again, has the eye to see. I don’t know Britney herself at all so I can’t assume anything about her but I like to think she’s as real as her image is fake so there will always be a spot reserved for her in my rotten little gay heart 💖 but gay icon she is not to me. 

• Like 2

I do wonder what nights she was referring to in her Pride video this weeks video... as when she headlined Brighton Pride (one of the biggest in the world) I was at few years back... she didn't even know where she was ha :jl:

Brit always my no1... but I do believe Madonna & Gaga are rightfully placed above her on this one. But top 5 is still an achievement!!

britney spears glitter GIF

This is something i really dislike about britney. She has showed her good and humble heart in every possible way but NEVER by standing and speaking out loud to defend something in which she belives or supports. Not just the gay comunity which i know she loves cause since she was very young she had gay friends and dancers who she shared everything with. But anything, not even one topic. Bullying, black lives, even her personal stuff, mental health, etc. She never speaks to defend anything. The closest is a 140 characters post thay we dont even know if she wrote. 

I get that not everyone has to be an activist and that she takes many things more naturally and even the fact that she never USED us as a flag to promote herself (unlike gaga) is something i cherish BUT COME ON.

20 years into your career there has to be many things you learned and u want to make a statement using your power of influence.

It feels childish, uninterested and even cold and despreciative at this point. I think her personal life is in such a place that she is not able to think or talk about others lives. She used to express herself in such a good way, last time i can recall is on For the Record. She always knew how to speak properly but yet never did about something that was not about HER

Im still waiting for her to talk about Andre

• Content Curators
4 hours ago, BritneyLover said:

This is something i really dislike about britney. She has showed her good and humble heart in every possible way but NEVER by standing and speaking out loud to defend something in which she belives or supports. Not just the gay comunity which i know she loves cause since she was very young she had gay friends and dancers who she shared everything with. But anything, not even one topic. Bullying, black lives, even her personal stuff, mental health, etc. She never speaks to defend anything. The closest is a 140 characters post thay we dont even know if she wrote. 

I get that not everyone has to be an activist and that she takes many things more naturally and even the fact that she never USED us as a flag to promote herself (unlike gaga) is something i cherish BUT COME ON.

20 years into your career there has to be many things you learned and u want to make a statement using your power of influence.

It feels childish, uninterested and even cold and despreciative at this point. I think her personal life is in such a place that she is not able to think or talk about others lives. She used to express herself in such a good way, last time i can recall is on For the Record. She always knew how to speak properly but yet never did about something that was not about HER

Im still waiting for her to talk about Andre

Just cause she’s not as vocally open and screams every single opinion of hers like other artists doesn’t mean she doesn’t at all

she does acc more than some other artists 

u should know how much she donates to charities and all and big events like 9/11 etc 

she did that song what’s going on 

she did that song in 2017 about that shooting 

she wore that daca tshirt and shared awareness of the dreamers movement 

talked MANY times about lgbt 

she’s done a lot more that I can’t think of but 

she does talk about those things and has talked about the things u have mentioned in her own way 

9 hours ago, popcomedown said:

I’m sorry I’ve been interested in Britney’s career since she started when I was still I school and believed the artificial image shes been pushed to sell but I don’t blame her bc she tried her damndest I think, however she’s just not a gay icon. Any support she’s showed publicly and officially for our community is just for dollars. Her real support is there if you have the eye to read between the lies like everything else but as a gay man that grew up with Britney, I wouldn’t tell another young gay if they asked me about what it was like growing up in my generation that Britney helped much in any real way. She couldn’t even if she wanted to I think so I don’t blame her so much but the people around her since I think it’s pretty clear what their true motives are to anyone that again, has the eye to see. I don’t know Britney herself at all so I can’t assume anything about her but I like to think she’s as real as her image is fake so there will always be a spot reserved for her in my rotten little gay heart 💖 but gay icon she is not to me. 

Britney is definitely a gay icon. When you go to a gay bar, you will definitely hear Britney music, see Britney videos, They have Britney nights. I don’t go out anymore, but they used to do celebrations when a new Britney album came out. I remember when Circus came out the biggest gay club in my city at the time had a listening party and played the whole album. Tons of drag queens perform Britney songs. I think you’re mixing up being an Icon with being an activist. If this was about being a LGBTQIA activist, I’d agree with you. She never really was an outspoken activist in the way Gaga or Madonna have been. But she’s certainly a gay icon, if you go to a Britney concert, half or more of the crowd is gay. Britney is definitely a gay icon 

Voted for Britney! I doubt she’ll be able to beat out Gaga or Madonna at this point. But they deserve it, so I’m not mad. I can’t believe Katy Perry is on the list at all, has she ever addresses how problematic “Ur So Gay” and “I Kissed A Girl” are? She’s so cringe I can’t believe there would be many gays still into her. Also no Taylor? I don’t feel like Katy’s ever done anything even close to You Need To Calm Down, to be on this list instead of Taylor... and Mandy Moore? I like her... but is she’s really a gay icon?! Demi Lovato is on the list, but not Miley Cyrus? Like who came up with these options? Lol. No Kylie either. Happy to see Melanie C and Nicole Scherzinger on the list, even though they seem like really random choices too.