Little Mix’s Leigh-Anne puts Camila Cabello on blast for her racist past

• Leader

leigh-anne.jpg.7cac7cc99bffa6c3169018088468c3d9.jpg

Little Mix's Leigh-Anne feels disgusted by Camila Cabello's racist past. More importantly, she's outraged that Camila seemingly got away with it. Yes, there was a #CamilaCabelloIsOverParty on Twitter, but other than that there were no real repercussions. 

It's worth mentioning Leigh-Anne doesn't directly saying Camila's name. 

There's a topic on Exhale about Camila not deserving the hate she gets. One side of the coin is that her racist Tumblr posts existed up until recently, and were only deleted because she was caught, therefore her true colors have shown: she's racist. Others, including myself, argued that she tried to make things right by apologizing (though she didn't outright address the issue which is problematic) educated herself and participated in #BlackLivesMatter protests. That is not enough, and I'm beginning to also see that side more and more.

Check out Leigh-Anne's response below.

How should we approach Camila moving forward? Thoughts on LA's comments? Sound off.

Related:

• Love 4

To be fair tho, from what I remember, she never wrote it herself right??? It was basically just a bunch of reblogs with the word in it. Also, something that I’m sure British / Northern Americans might not realize is that in the south, A LOT of people call each other the N word. It’s almost like a weird, fcked up term of endearment. 
Im not trying to excuse her behavior tho because she was ultimately wrong, but I understand why she thought it was okay for her to use it. Still don’t like her tho lol. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, JordanMiller said:

leigh-anne.jpg.7cac7cc99bffa6c3169018088468c3d9.jpg

Little Mix's Leigh-Anne feels disgusted by Camila Cabello's racist past. More importantly, she's outraged that Camila seemingly got away with it. Yes, there was a #CamilaCabelloIsOverParty on Twitter, but other than that there were no real repercussions. 

It's worth mentioning Leigh-Anne doesn't directly saying Camila's name. 

There's a topic on Exhale about Camila not deserving the hate she gets. One side of the coin is that her racist Tumblr posts existed up until recently, and were only deleted because she was caught, therefore her true colors have shown: she's racist. Others, including myself, argued that she tried to make things right by apologizing (though she didn't outright address the issue which is problematic) educated herself and participated in #BlackLivesMatter protests. That is not enough, and I'm beginning to also see that side more and more.

Check out Leigh-Anne's response below.

How should we approach Camila moving forward? Thoughts on LA's comments? Sound off.

Related:

Good write up jordan. 

• Love 1
  • Leader
1 hour ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

Who cares, move on. Stop dragging dead things back up in the attempt to breathe some new hot air into them. That’s what I want to say to all of these people so constantly but into this cancel culture stuff. 

Hmmm IDK. She's angered by it and is expressing herself. She should flex the freedom to do so, no? 

• Love 6
  • Like 2

Go on , drag haaaa...... I agree we shouldn't get stuck in the past and focus on negative stuff but I don't feel any sympathy for racists and people who target a whole race and mocking them because of their skin color , so .... I can't blame her either:umok:

• Like 7
25 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

Hmmm IDK. She's angered by it and is expressing herself. She should flex the freedom to do so, no? 

She definitely has the right to do so, but I’m not sure what she wants from this? She didn’t acknowledge the apology and she didn’t acknowledge how she’s trying to right her wrongs. All I got from this is that she did wrong and needs to pay for it. I actually think Camila IS paying for it. That thread I created was mainly 80% hate towards Camila. She is facing a public backlash, but let’s face it, she was facing it before the posts even surfaced. 

she clearly feels a certain type of way about Camila and is entitled to do so. idk how things work in the biz, but I’m sure she could hit her up to discuss it in some form before dragging her. From what I gather, Leigh wants her career to be OVER! And that’s what’s annoying me, let’s practice forgiveness when someone owns up and apologises, not harbour on hate.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

I deleted ALL of her music from my library and skip any of her music on playlists. I understand that we shouldn’t breathe new life into a dead subject but the thing is...its not dead. Her career though? :haha: I personally don’t bring her up anymore but I won’t deny a chance to drag her :tiffcackle:

If you do spotify. You can add her to your hidden list. I added Nicki Minaj and Eminem there. Same with both Justin's 

• Haha 1
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, Roxxy said:

Not excusing her behavior but I don't see the need to constantly be angry at someone like a broken record. Just support who you love. Don't support who you hate. Forgive or not forgive. But the relentless toxic behavior and the cancelling is not necessary. :imacat:

This is a disgusting comment. You’re turning a blind eye to racism. And yes, you told us you’re a POC but POC can be racist too (just like Camila). I’m disappointed in you Roxxy. Systemic racism is an issue and your comment perpetuates it.

• Like 2

I stan Leigh-Anne and I stan Little Mix! I see not one lie detected in what she said! Camila is the lowest of the low and should not have been allowed to perform at the Grammys mere weeks after being exposed as a racist. The music industry is sleazy and a lot of America is racist. If Camila was black, and made those statements about the white community, she would’ve been blacklisted IMMEDIATELY. 

• Love 6
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block