Camila Cabello really doesn’t deserve the hate she gets

1 minute ago, JordanMiller said:

I do agree that her apology didn't directly address the black community. 

“When I was younger, I used language that I’m deeply ashamed of and will regret forever. I was uneducated and ignorant and once I became aware of the history and the weight and true meaning behind this horrible and hurtful language, I was deeply embarrassed I ever used it.”

However, can we also surmise that her actions speak louder than words? By attending BLM protests? What are your thoughts on that? Do you think she's just doing it for PR? Not being shady. Genuinely asking. 

Of course I don't want to come off like I am "dismissing people of color and your feelings and your right to be upset." I am outraged, too. Racism goes against my very deep-rooted, core beliefs. But if we are all outraged and pissed off, then what? How can we make change then? Again, genuinely asking. Because to me, her showing support for BLM is a step in the right direction. She can't change her past. But she can change her present and future. Same for all of us and our country. That's what BLM is doing - changing the present so our future can be better. 

Ultimately, if people show they want to change for the better after making mistakes, I don't believe we should "cancel" them. If she said "yea, that's what I posted and I stand by that," of course I'd agree we should mute her. "Cancel" her then. But that's not the case. 

I'm aware of my white male privilege and haven't experienced inequality the way black people do. 

I also understand these conversations are difficult, but important to have if we want change. 

Stop. Please stop. This comment did not help the situation. She is racist. You admitted that her apology wasn’t directly towards the community she was racist towards. And her protesting at a BLM early and being filmed by a fan is as disingenuous as our current president. Non-people of color need to stop telling people of color when, how, and why to accept someone’s apology for their racist behavior. It is inappropriate and the root of systemic racism. Camila Cabello (real name Karla) is racist.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, SatansLover said:

I had seen her after one of her shows at a gay club in MN, and I went up and told her she looked beautiful and asked if I could get a picture . She looked straight at me, rolled her eyes and said “I’m busy” and had her security step in between us. It was a slow night at the club and I don’t think anyone realized who she was  tbh. of course after a show,  she could’ve been tired but why even go out to a gay bar ACROSS the street from your show venue if you don’t want to be bothered..?? Never listened/purchased or streamed anything from her after that incident. Don’t meet people you look up to, always a disappointment. 

Sorry you were treated like this by Camila Cabello. That’s terrible. It shows she hasn’t changed 

2 minutes ago, SatansLover said:

I had seen her after one of her shows at a gay club in MN, and I went up and told her she looked beautiful and asked if I could get a picture . She looked straight at me, rolled her eyes and said “I’m busy” and had her security step in between us. It was a slow night at the club and I don’t think anyone realized who she was  tbh. of course after a show,  she could’ve been tired but why even go out to a gay bar ACROSS the street from your show venue if you don’t want to be bothered..?? Never listened/purchased or streamed anything from her after that incident. Don’t meet people you look up to, always a disappointment. 

I love my queen Britney but she’s disrespected paying fans before, but we’re not willing to discuss that 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, OnlyFacts said:

Not surprised you featured an article uplifting a racist in 2020 when the world is protesting racism and injustice. Right up your alley 

this is unacceptable @JordanMiller

not surprised you're victimizing yourself on a non-forum related issue

Like Jordan, we highlight posts that will create interaction regardless of how we personally feel about it. You have the choice to not click in the thread and move on like many of us do.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

Well congratulations. Hence me asking. 

You didn’t ask you assumed and were ready to drag me if I wasn’t a POC and I don’t need congratulations. I’m proud of who I am, but I’m also proud of being able to forgive and not crucify people who have apologized and done things to make up for their past for life 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

Stop. Please stop. This comment did not help the situation. She is racist. You admitted that her apology wasn’t directly towards the community she was racist towards. And her protesting at a BLM early and being filmed by a fan is as disingenuous as our current president. Non-people of color need to stop telling people of color when, how, and why to accept someone’s apology for their racist behavior. It is inappropriate and the root of systemic racism. Camila Cabello (real name Karla) is racist.

Well I’m a POC and can have a say in it by your explanations and she does not deserve the hate she’s currently getting. Camila is also a POC but let’s forget about that too right? If you’re a non black POC your opinions or actions don’t matter unless they’re negative right? 

• Like 4
48 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

SHE HASNT APOLOGIZED TO THE BLACK COMMUNITY FOR WHAT SHE SAID!! Her apology could’ve been her being sorry that she cut someone off on the highway, or didn’t recycle, she never specifically said she’s sorry for the derogatory terms she used and she never said sorry directly to the black community!!!! This is why we’re protesting! Non-people of color are telling us when it’s time to forgive people. NO! Time is up! Stop dismissing people of color and our feelings and our right to be upset. She is RACIST! You cannot seriously be debating this with what we’re dealing with currently in the world 

PREACH! It's also a known fact that racism is huge in Cuba, look at the Afro-Cuban community and what they have to go through. Look into it if you need to. So, this doesn't shock me one bit. Plus her Tumblr account was still active till she was exposed, so she was actively engaging as an adult. Go ahead, keep posting about BLM to join the "trend", because I know now that's what you are doing Jordan Agatha Miller. You are inconsistent as hell and a huge hypocrite. Some people will just never get it.. sigh.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

I do agree that her apology didn't directly address the black community. 

“When I was younger, I used language that I’m deeply ashamed of and will regret forever. I was uneducated and ignorant and once I became aware of the history and the weight and true meaning behind this horrible and hurtful language, I was deeply embarrassed I ever used it.”

However, can we also surmise that her actions speak louder than words? By attending BLM protests? What are your thoughts on that? Do you think she's just doing it for PR? Not being shady. Genuinely asking. 

Of course I don't want to come off like I am "dismissing people of color and your feelings and your right to be upset." I am outraged, too. Racism goes against my very deep-rooted, core beliefs. But if we are all outraged and pissed off, then what? How can we make change then? Again, genuinely asking. Because to me, her showing support for BLM is a step in the right direction. She can't change her past. But she can change her present and future. Same for all of us and our country. That's what BLM is doing - changing the present so our future can be better. 

Ultimately, if people show they want to change for the better after making mistakes, I don't believe we should "cancel" them. If she said "yea, that's what I posted and I stand by that," of course I'd agree we should mute her. "Cancel" her then. But that's not the case. 

I'm aware of my white male privilege and haven't experienced inequality the way black people do. 

I also understand these conversations are difficult, but important to have if we want change. 

Jordan, are you that NAIVE?!! This girl (or her team) has hired paparazzi every single day of the quarantine to take a picture of her and Shawn holding hands. I would love to think that she changed, but I just don't see it. THIS IS PR 100% LIKE EVERY THING ELSE SHE DOES! She doesn't seem like a genuine person. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
29 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

Like Jordan, we highlight posts that will create interaction regardless of how we personally feel about it. You have the choice to not click in the thread and move on like many of us do.

Calling someone a victim for speaking up for Blacks is tacky.. Ew...

4 minutes ago, YvonneSpears said:

Maybe if she had an ounce of originality, wasn't such a ***** to all the other fifth harmony members, stopped acting so privileged, stopped stealing from everyone in the business then maybe just maybe I could like her! 

fifth harmony GIF by 2017 MTV Video Music Awardsangry difficult people GIF by HULUOver It Im Done GIF by Jasmine Masters

Ugh, thank you for not being another of these privileged white dudes trying to tell me to forgive a racist because she attented blm.. please.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, EvanMoon said:

It is unacceptable that we live in world where grown *** men hold grudges on a girl that said inappropriate things when se was a teen. Ffs. And funny enough. But no matter what article it is, I've noticed you are always the negative nancy here no matter what. Now that is unacceptable. Period. 

Inappropriate and Racism are two very different things.

Inappropriate is when you turn up to work wearing shorts and flip flops. Racism belongs in its own category of its own. And her posts were very much racist. It doesn't matter how 'young' you were. You still know right from wrong and to me its telling that she had such hatred in her heart at such a young age (but that's just my opinion)

'where grown *** men hold grudges on a girl'

Grown men ( women and kids) are very much entitled to feel hurt, angry toward any person who has exhibited racist behaviour regardless of their age.  And as much as we shouldn't attack  or berate them for saying sh**** things,  we also shouldn't  feel like we have to forgive them just because they apologised. Like I said in my original post, she doesn't deserve hate but that doesn't mean she deserves forgiveness either from the people who she offended.

But hey if people think she grown, changed  (or just don't care or feel it doesn't effect them) and want to continue to support then do whatcha gotta do. That being said, I hate stan culture (I think its way more harmful than cancel culture) and if Britney were in the same position, I would not defend, support her or force people who were hurt by her opinions to forgive her whether she apologised or not. 

No offence is intended to anyone who supports or defends her.

Peace and love x

source.gif

• Love 1

WOAH, just finished work and didn’t expect to be featured or for this conversation to escalate so hard. Thank you @JordanMiller for featuring this post.

@MonAmour Just so that you’re aware I’ve been on this forum since 2008 and am a die hard Britney fan.
I appreciate as a POC this post has triggered you and that was never my intention, so for that I’m sorry. However, I do still stand by my post, we don’t know her as a person. I can’t say she is or isn’t racist, BUT I can say that she is doing her part at the moment to help fix the problems in society by SHOWING UP! She clearly doesn’t still stand by her words and has grew as a person, heck I’m not the same person I was when I was 15.

It really does seem easy to continue to harbour some form of hate for someone but difficult to accept their forgiveness. I think that’s what we all need to start doing at the moment, is practicing forgiveness and showing compassion. There’s too much hate in the world right now. 

• Like 1

Two things. 

Beyonce and Jay Z applauded her speech on the dreamers. But never forget Blue ivy actually stopped her parents from clapping during the speech and put theur hands down. 

Even though Wendy Williams came out and said if that was my child. She woukd have been spanked right in front of the camera. Blue ivy was very disrespectful.  

Let's just say. The hive for once had every right to be mad at her. First installing violence on a kid and it was one of the few times she did disappoint them.

Second one. Shawn Mendes is not gay. 

He keeps denying. Maybe he is. But grows up with a father or family figure he adores that would basically kill him for being gay. 

He is Portuguese and Brazillian.

We all know In Brazil. While it's illegal. Family members ********* their gay family members gets a side eye as if their doing the country a favor. 

1 hour ago, Dark.Knight said:

So any POC that’s offended by Camila Cabellos tweets is “victimizing themselves”?? You’re part of the problem and you’re a terrible representation of this site.

1 hour ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

You didn’t ask you assumed and were ready to drag me if I wasn’t a POC and I don’t need congratulations. I’m proud of who I am, but I’m also proud of being able to forgive and not crucify people who have apologized and done things to make up for their past for life 

No, I asked you. I said verbatim “So are you a non-POC telling POC when to forgive and how to feel towards racism?

Just now, OnlyFacts said:

So any POC that’s offended by Camila Cabellos tweets is “victimizing themselves”?? You’re part of the problem and you’re a terrible representation of this site.

Did I say that? stop being such a POS and looking for drama for validation. 

• Content Curators
1 hour ago, OnlyFacts said:

Roxxy, she didn’t say anything towards Asians. She attacked the black community. So, respectfully, no. I love you though 

1 hour ago, Roxxy said:

Oh... mmkay. So what about Normani? What are your thoughts on her asian... whatever the hell she did. :imacat:

Um actually as much as I dislike Camilla I’m not trying to get into anything here BUT

she actually did make racist/xenophobic remarks against Asian people in her tumblr account :imdying:

One word 

MESS

• Love 2