Camila Cabello really doesn’t deserve the hate she gets

3 hours ago, JordanMiller said:

I don't enjoy getting clicks when they're comments labeling me as someone who supports a racist without any context. 

I'm not turning a blind eye. I'm here. I'm commenting. I'm engaging. I'm writing. I'm promoting. I'm donating.

I can’t help but feel you are being condescending when you say there’s no context. We have all given you reasons why making/promoting an article that sympathizes with a racist is distasteful, but you still don’t get it and keep going around in circles. It’s nice of you to engage and I understand it’s really hard to feel for someone or people if you are not in their shoes. However, we’ve been given clear proof. We are not accusing anyone without proof. This isn’t a witch-hunt. Nobody would say anything if this was an article appreciating her artistry or featuring her work...

it is literally an article by a white person telling us to not only forgive her, but to feel sorry for her as well. It’s just gross, and it hurts me more that you don’t understand. I’m not trying to fight with you or insult you, you’ve built a great site that I love to engage in.

This kind of reminds me of the fact that people still support and excuse michael Jackson’s old ********* and predatory behaviour because they love his music so much. We’ve seen it infront of us, he’s admitted it, there’s clear evidence. Why would it be okay for any adult to sleep with strangers children alone? People excuse because he’s managed to fool them that he’s not like that, that he missed out on a childhood blah blah blah... 

15 hours ago, MonAmour said:

Arianna, if you are so sensitive, maybe the internet isn’t the place for you. People are unfiltered because they are behind a keyboard, so what do you expect. Quit crying about it.

No one was crying about anything, ***hat. I made a joke about leaving this thread and he was sweet. Do you get off fighting with people behind a keyboard, bb? Mind your own g0ddamn business.

• Like 2
23 hours ago, AndyFoster said:

I’m confused. So in your mind it was ok to supports a racist when people where not protesting (Not that I’m saying she is)? 

You’re offended now for the support of her? But you weren’t a few months back? Please! 

I thought @OnlyFacts point was pretty clear

i.e its bad enough to sympathise with her in general but its even worse now during this time given whats going on in the world.

You need to accept that people can accept forgiveness and can forgive her, that’s different to you forgiving her, you’re entitled to your own opinion and can think what you like. I just like to believe she has changed. 

You're right...Sadly, a lot of people are  willing and even eager to sweep her behaviour under the rug - give her a free pass  and even  reward her by making her number 1 on the charts again  all because she's a cute, skinny white passing girl. Her note app apology  and  BLM protest photo opp is enough to convince them.  (which totally made me think of this btw: https://nypost.com/2020/06/06/influencer-slammed-for-using-black-lives-matter-protest-as-photo-opp/) Which is fine. I get that. EDIT: piggybacking off of what the little mix girl said but most people had forgiven her even before she apologised, like it had to come up 3/4 times in the media before she finally acknowledged it.

BUT most POC and people who were the targets of her hatred will most likely always be distrustful and unsupportive  of her  and  have  EVERY right too. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Nope she deserves it. A person of color she should understand that saying those things to demean and belittle other minorities isn’t cool. I don’t know why people can’t get it through there damn heads it’s not 1820 it’s 2020 being a racist or saying or doing racist things isn’t cool. And I would feel this way if Normani or any other person of color had said those things about Latinos.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, JordanMiller said:

Dark Knight deactivated his account. So, I guess your mission is accomplished?

:icant2:

Come back Dark Knight. Where are we meant to get our power rangers gifs from now? Why do users on here always bite the hand that feeds them :katycry:
I realise this probably reads as sarcastic, but I’m dead set. The mods are copping it this last month all because “mutual respect” doesn’t seem to translate well on here. 

• Love 2
  • Super Mods
59 minutes ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

:icant2:

Come back Dark Knight. Where are we meant to get our power rangers gifs from now? Why do users on here always bite the hand that feeds them :katycry:
I realise this probably reads as sarcastic, but I’m dead set. The mods are copping it this last month all because “mutual respect” doesn’t seem to translate well on here. 

Sorry, I know I should be doing a better job at keeping the peace down...lately I’ve been less online besides a quick check here and there and just focusing more on myself. It sounds so selfish to say :teigen: 

NGL it’s been a little intense lately in here along with the current issues.it’s like your brain goes in malfunction mode and then you go to you happy place in the world of Sometimes :quirkney:

• Love 4
1 minute ago, puppylo16 said:

Sorry, I know I should be doing a better job at keeping the peace down...lately I’ve been less online besides a quick check here and there and just focusing more on myself. It sounds so selfish to say :teigen: 

NGL it’s been a little intense lately in here along with the current issues.it’s like your brain goes in malfunction mode and then you go to you happy place in the world of Sometimes :quirkney:

The responsibility doesn’t lie solely with you and taking time for yourself is neither selfish nor something you should apologise for :hugs:

I’m just bummed that long term members who’s input I have enjoyed for years get driven to a place where they no longer want to engage on here. For many of us, this is our happy (messy) place. 

Disagreeing with an opinion is one thing, but being disrespectful and bullying is amateur. I can’t find the gif of that lady in Mean Girls who just wants everyone to get along but I feel her rn :katycry:

• Love 3
  • Super Mods
1 minute ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

The responsibility doesn’t lie solely with you and taking time for yourself is neither selfish nor something you should apologise for :hugs:

I’m just bummed that long term members who’s input I have enjoyed for years get driven to a place where they no longer want to engage on here. For many of us, this is our happy (messy) place. 

Disagreeing with an opinion is one thing, but being disrespectful and bullying is amateur. I can’t find the gif of that lady in Mean Girls who just wants everyone to get along but I feel her rn :katycry:

Yeah but I’m just naturally concerned that way whether I like to or not. I guess I always had an assumption that there are generally common decencies that should be practiced without adding drama in the mix which frankly a lot of it is as people seem to treat this as a therapy session.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

Yeah but I’m just naturally concerned that way whether I like to or not. I guess I always had an assumption that there are generally common decencies that should be practiced without adding drama in the mix which frankly a lot of it is as people seem to treat this as a therapy session.

Seems like some could use a real therapy session tbh. 
I know I could after this year. My brain is fried. But that could be because I spent 2 of the last 3 months blazed :cigney:

• Love 2
2 hours ago, nwonder said:

I thought @OnlyFacts point was pretty clear

i.e its bad enough to sympathise with her in general but its even worse now during this time given whats going on in the world.

You're right...Sadly, a lot of people are  willing and even eager to sweep her behaviour under the rug - give her a free pass  and even  reward her by making her number 1 on the charts again  all because she's a cute, skinny white passing girl. Her note app apology  and  BLM protest photo opp is enough to convince them.  (which totally made me think of this btw: https://nypost.com/2020/06/06/influencer-slammed-for-using-black-lives-matter-protest-as-photo-opp/) Which is fine. I get that. EDIT: piggybacking off of what the little mix girl said but most people had forgiven her even before she apologised, like it had to come up 3/4 times in the media before she finally acknowledged it.

BUT most POC and people who were the targets of her hatred will most likely always be distrustful and unsupportive  of her  and  have  EVERY right too. 

This. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Arianna said:

No one was crying about anything, ***hat. I made a joke about leaving this thread and he was sweet. Do you get off fighting with people behind a keyboard, bb? Mind your own g0ddamn business.

Then contribute something besides your tears, thanks.

• Haha 1
  • Super Mods
9 hours ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

Seems like some could use a real therapy session tbh. 
I know I could after this year. My brain is fried. But that could be because I spent 2 of the last 3 months blazed :cigney:

Don’t get me wrong, I think we should be open to talk about things...I just like knowing beforehand or dealt with in private. 

Hahaha that’s all I’ve been doing, I only run out to restock on weed and junk food. Yes I’m aware not healthy, and I’m working on it...that 2 months ago and my birthday is coming up, oy another reminder another year has past. Is this how Britney feels? :jl:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
On 6/12/2020 at 4:18 PM, Criminal4Britney said:

Nope she deserves it. A person of color she should understand that saying those things to demean and belittle other minorities isn’t cool. I don’t know why people can’t get it through there damn heads it’s not 1820 it’s 2020 being a racist or saying or doing racist things isn’t cool. And I would feel this way if Normani or any other person of color had said those things about Latinos.

No one is ready for the conversation about how some black people have been openly racist and prejudiced against Latinos calling them wetbacks and such. And that’s not the case about Normani because people have been very vocal about how black people cant be racist. They’re the only ones that cannot be racist. I’ve seen countless, countless people on the internet that say we shouldn’t ask anything of them because they’ve been oppressed and it’s impossible for them to be racist. What Camila said and did is not right, but she doesn’t deserve to be vilified for life. I wish we could all look at everything these people have ever written or said and judge for ourselves how holy they are. Some of these same people speaking out against her are some of the most hateful people around as well. Hate creates hate and people deserve to be forgiven unless the behavior keeps happening. 

Im a POC before anyone calls me out about me asking POC to accept her apology. If she were to commit suicide over the hateful comments you same disgusting people that don’t ever forgive would probably celebrate it and say it’s what she deserved. 

On 6/14/2020 at 3:45 PM, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

No one is ready for the conversation about how some black people have been openly racist and prejudiced against Latinos calling them wetbacks and such. And that’s not the case about Normani because people have been very vocal about how black people cant be racist. They’re the only ones that cannot be racist. I’ve seen countless, countless people on the internet that say we shouldn’t ask anything of them because they’ve been oppressed and it’s impossible for them to be racist. What Camila said and did is not right, but she doesn’t deserve to be vilified for life. I wish we could all look at everything these people have ever written or said and judge for ourselves how holy they are. Some of these same people speaking out against her are some of the most hateful people around as well. Hate creates hate and people deserve to be forgiven unless the behavior keeps happening. 

Im a POC before anyone calls me out about me asking POC to accept her apology. If she were to commit suicide over the hateful comments you same disgusting people that don’t ever forgive would probably celebrate it and say it’s what she deserved. 

You just said the correct term some as though every single race hasn’t been discriminated against. But last time I checked Latinos were not enslaved and kidnapped and brought to America against their will and subjected to 400 years of oppression. The fact that you don’t seem to get it as a person of color shows your true character. Let’s not act like Latinos aren’t bigoted against Blacks.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Criminal4Britney said:

You just said the correct term some as though every single race hasn’t been discriminated against. But last time I checked Latinos were not enslaved and kidnapped and brought to America against their will and subjected to 400 years of oppression. The fact that you don’t seem to get it as a person of color shows your true character. Let’s not act like Latinos aren’t bigoted against Blacks.

That’s exactly my point. There are some that are. Just like every other race. My point is that people are much more lenient when a black person is prejudiced or racist. Racism and prejudice is disgusting no matter the color of ones skin. Everyone should be held accountable equally. BUT there has got to be a point where we can forgive. That’s my issue that we are crucifying Camila for life over something she’s working on amending for. Take a look at what she’s currently doing and ask yourself if she’s doing more than you’re doing. I’m not going to argue about it. I’m just saying it doesn’t hurt to stop being so hateful. Yes people being hateful against her for her racist behavior in the past is equally disgusting behavior 

1 hour ago, Criminal4Britney said:

And your true character is one of bigotry and hatred. The irony of it all. Latinos haven’t been enslaved and oppressed in your eyes so that justifies them being targets for racism and prejudice? Ok then