Camila Cabello really doesn’t deserve the hate she gets

45 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

Not surprised you featured an article uplifting a racist in 2020 when the world is protesting racism and injustice. Right up your alley 

this is unacceptable @JordanMiller

It is unacceptable that we live in world where grown *** men hold grudges on a girl that said inappropriate things when se was a teen. Ffs. And funny enough. But no matter what article it is, I've noticed you are always the negative nancy here no matter what. Now that is unacceptable. Period. 

• Like 2

I think people make mistakes, but in 2020 NO KID is allowed to be racist or homophobic or whatever... It's 2020 and they start to spread hate and racism as a kid. To me it doesn't matter if you are young or not. Yes, Camila is not forgiven..

Fifth Harmony should reunite without her and bring back a Bang song for us to dance and we put them in number 1.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, EvanMoon said:

It is unacceptable that we live in world where grown *** men hold grudges on a girl that said inappropriate things when se was a teen. Ffs. And funny enough. But no matter what article it is, I've noticed you are always the negative nancy here no matter what. Now that is unacceptable. Period. 

The tumblr account was active up until she was exposed. She was an ADULT when she was exposed and an adult when she was posting those things. So stop. You’re part of the problem too. Any non POC telling a POC how to feel or how to react regarding racism is PART OF THE PROBLEM! You’re part of the reason we’re protesting. Camila is racist. Black lives matter. And anyone supporting her is part of the problem. PERIOD 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, MonAmour said:

There's nothing that pisses me off more than when a white man tells me to forgive a racist. Just because you love her so much, doesn't make her a non-racist sweetheart. The proof is there.

THIS!!! THIS!!!! THIS!!! Non-POC need to stop telling us POC how to react regarding racism! That is the root of systemic racism and WHY WE ARE PROTESTING ACROSS THE WORLD!! 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

The tumblr account was active up until she was exposed. She was an ADULT when she was exposed and an adult when she was posting those things. So stop. You’re part of the problem too. Any non POC telling a POC how to feel or how to react regarding racism is PART OF THE PROBLEM! You’re part of the reason we’re protesting. Camila is racist. Black lives matter. And anyone supporting her is part of the problem. PERIOD 

Grow the F up. She only became famous when she was what, 18. Black lives does Matter. There's no comments of her when she became an adult of any racial slurs. How dare you say Im part of thr problem. If you have so much hate towards her why are you always talking about her or replying in one of her threads. Perhaps take the time to see what that young lady has done for your country before you speak such absolute rubbish. Your name is OnlyFacts, but by the look of it, it should be OnlyBull****. Im not wasting another second on any of your stupid uneducated comments. Move on gracefully please. And try to bring postivity in your comments and into your world, thats indeed what the world needs right now,, because being sour candy all the time, is seriously leaving a sour taste in this blog. 

• Haha 1
36 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Omg tired of this narrative. So nobody is ever forgiven after past mistakes? Then let’s leave those incarcerated there for life because lord knows OnlyFacts doesn’t believe in forgiveness 

So are you a non-POC telling POC when to forgive and how to feel towards racism? No. That’s the root of systemic racism. Unacceptable. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, EvanMoon said:

Grow the F up. She only became famous when she was what, 18. Black lives does Matter. There's no comments of her when she became an adult of any racial slurs. How dare you say Im part of thr problem. If you have so much hate towards her why are you always talking about her or replying in one of her threads. Perhaps take the time to see what that young lady has done for your country before you speak such absolute rubbish. Your name is OnlyFacts, but by the look of it, it should be OnlyBull****. Im not wasting another second on any of your stupid uneducated comments. Move on gracefully please. And try to bring postivity in your comments and into your world, thats indeed what the world needs right now,, because being sour candy all the time, is seriously leaving a sour taste in this blog. 

You can’t even write a proper sentence. A NON-POC telling a POC how to feel about racism is PART OF THE PROBLEM WITH SYSTEMIC RACISM! Educate yourself. Part of how the world moves forward is by educating each other and being open to hearing another opinion and being open to changing your view after hearing what other people have to suffer. Good day

1 minute ago, OnlyFacts said:

Non-POC need to stop telling us POC how to react regarding racism!

I'm half asian. Are asians considered POC? I'm not sure. :eheeek: But if yes, does that mean I am allowed to ask you to forgive her - as a POC of course. :imacat:

• Haha 1
Just now, Roxxy said:

I'm half asian. Are asians considered POC? I'm not sure. :eheeek: But if yes, does that mean I am allowed to ask you to forgive her - as a POC of course. :imacat:

Roxxy, she didn’t say anything towards Asians. She attacked the black community. So, respectfully, no. I love you though 

• Love 1

Roxxy, she didn’t say anything towards Asians. She attacked the black community. So, respectfully, no. I love you though 

Oh... mmkay. So what about Normani? What are your thoughts on her asian... whatever the hell she did. :imacat:

You can’t even write a proper sentence. A NON-POC telling a POC how to feel about racism is PART OF THE PROBLEM WITH SYSTEMIC RACISM! Educate yourself. Part of how the world moves forward is by educating each other and being open to hearing another opinion and being open to changing your view after hearing what other people have to suffer. Good day

Thank you. Yes English is actually my second language. I'm Afrikaans. From South Africa. Im not saying that what she did was ever right. Its beyond unacceptable. But she apoligized for it and started helping out so many communities around the US and world. You have so much anger in you. Maybe see someone for that and in Tay Tay's words. You need to calm down.  

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Roxxy said:

Oh... mmkay. So what about Normani? What are your thoughts on her asian... whatever the hell she did. :imacat:

I do not support that, HOWEVER, I don’t think the video is credible. Her face isn’t shown, and the audio doesn’t match Lauren’s lips moving/laughing. I think it’s an edited video, probably by Ms. Cabulls_t’s team

2 minutes ago, EvanMoon said:

Thank you. Yes English is actually my second language. I'm Afrikaans. From South Africa. Im not saying that what she did was ever right. Its beyond unacceptable. But she apoligized for it and started helping out so many communities around the US and world. You have so much anger in you. Maybe see someone for that and in Tay Tay's words. You need to calm down.  

Once again, a non-POC cannot tell a POC how to feel or when to accept an apology for being racist! Plus, she didn’t apologize specifically! Her apology was broad and could’ve been applied to her cussing someone out for running them off the road on the highway! You don’t see the problem with what you’re saying and I can’t help you any further. Please read on systemic racism and learn how telling a person of color when and how to get over racism is not okay...and it’s exactly part of what the world is protesting now. We’ve been told for years to get over police brutality, racial profiling, mistreatment, racism, etc etc. we’ve been silenced for long enough and a non-POC that cant see what we’re fighting for and now that relates to Ms. Cabello’s actions is part of the problem. DONE

• Haha 1
  • Leader
28 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

SHE HASNT APOLOGIZED TO THE BLACK COMMUNITY FOR WHAT SHE SAID!! Her apology could’ve been her being sorry that she cut someone off on the highway, or didn’t recycle, she never specifically said she’s sorry for the derogatory terms she used and she never said sorry directly to the black community!!!! This is why we’re protesting! Non-people of color are telling us when it’s time to forgive people. NO! Time is up! Stop dismissing people of color and our feelings and our right to be upset. She is RACIST! You cannot seriously be debating this with what we’re dealing with currently in the world 

I do agree that her apology didn't directly address the black community. 

“When I was younger, I used language that I’m deeply ashamed of and will regret forever. I was uneducated and ignorant and once I became aware of the history and the weight and true meaning behind this horrible and hurtful language, I was deeply embarrassed I ever used it.”

However, can we also surmise that her actions speak louder than words? By attending BLM protests? What are your thoughts on that? Do you think she's just doing it for PR? Not being shady. Genuinely asking. 

Of course I don't want to come off like I am "dismissing people of color and your feelings and your right to be upset." I am outraged, too. Racism goes against my very deep-rooted, core beliefs. But if we are all outraged and pissed off, then what? How can we make change then? Again, genuinely asking. Because to me, her showing support for BLM is a step in the right direction. She can't change her past. But she can change her present and future. Same for all of us and our country. That's what BLM is doing - changing the present so our future can be better. 

Ultimately, if people show they want to change for the better after making mistakes, I don't believe we should "cancel" them. If she said "yea, that's what I posted and I stand by that," of course I'd agree we should mute her. "Cancel" her then. But that's not the case. 

I'm aware of my white male privilege and haven't experienced inequality the way black people do. 

I also understand these conversations are difficult, but important to have if we want change. 

• Like 1

I had seen her after one of her shows at a gay club in MN, and I went up and told her she looked beautiful and asked if I could get a picture . She looked straight at me, rolled her eyes and said “I’m busy” and had her security step in between us. It was a slow night at the club and I don’t think anyone realized who she was  tbh. of course after a show,  she could’ve been tired but why even go out to a gay bar ACROSS the street from your show venue if you don’t want to be bothered..?? Never listened/purchased or streamed anything from her after that incident. Don’t meet people you look up to, always a disappointment. 

• Like 1
  • Leader
Just now, SatansLover said:

I had seen her after one of her shows at a gay club in MN, and I went up and told her she looked beautiful and asked if I could get a picture . She looked straight at me, rolled her eyes and said “I’m busy” and had her security step in between us. It was a slow night at the club and I don’t think anyone realized who she was  tbh. of course after a show,  she could’ve been tired but why even go out to a gay bar ACROSS the street from your show venue if you don’t want to be bothered..?? Never listened/purchased or streamed anything from her after that incident. Don’t meet people you look up to, always a disappointment. 

Omg :katycry: That sucks. I'm sorry.