Camila Cabello really doesn’t deserve the hate she gets

2 hours ago, monkeystar88 said:

i think if you've got if you've got it and clearly she is someone people love to hate and she doesn't have "it".  I think time frames make a difference she i still young so those posts weren't that long ago. Her mind probably changed because she is more aware now of people, culture around her and the industry but those posts were who she was before. I've never said a racist thing in my life and i'm not sure how for some people that is just a "maturity" thing to not hate people for the color of their skin. I think it defines your character but the sentiment you are saying may just be where America is? Do Americans have to learn to not be hateful and racist? 

I like some of her music but after those posts and hearing the rumors i definitely don't think she should be in any position of "power". I can't listen to it knowing that she was discriminating and hating on people. it's ugly. I think we forget the hurt these people we adore do. She might be your hero but imagine the African american people she was most likely so cruel to. Imagine their pain. It's not something she willingly admitted either. She got exposed and i'm sure she will continue to. Her advocacy towards BLM is likely just PR. IDK ask Normani?

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Leader
7 hours ago, OnlyFacts said:

Stop. Please stop. This comment did not help the situation. She is racist. You admitted that her apology wasn’t directly towards the community she was racist towards. And her protesting at a BLM early and being filmed by a fan is as disingenuous as our current president. Non-people of color need to stop telling people of color when, how, and why to accept someone’s apology for their racist behavior. It is inappropriate and the root of systemic racism. Camila Cabello (real name Karla) is racist.

Alright, I'll approach this in a different way then. How would you like me to think and view Camila Cabello moving forward? 

• Leader
5 hours ago, OnlyFacts said:

I own a business and I am an attorney. When someone owns a business and has individuals listed as “curators” or “moderators” they should be held to certain standards. I agree that you and dark knight should be able to voice your opinions just like the rest of us, but to sit on here and call other users idiots, POS, worthless and promoting that the NYPD was justified in running their car through a crowd of peaceful protestors is unacceptable. When you have a title on a website or any business, you should be held to a certain standard otherwise your actions reflect perception of the site. Trust me, if someone in my office was doing something to make my company look bad, they’d be canned immediately. That’s all. Roxxy, I don’t care if you like me or not, I’m standing up for what I believe in. This thread was featured and promotes a racist during a civil rights movement across the world where people are fighting racism, oppression, police brutality, and injustice in general. And in the midst of that, you and dark knight thought it was okay to feature a thread on a known racist to spark conversation? That’s tasteless and I’m not apologizing for my stance even though I do like you. So, oh well. BLACK LIVES MATTER! 

Dark Knight deactivated his account. So, I guess your mission is accomplished?

You're telling me I am policing your voice and thoughts (which I don't agree, if anything I am amplifying your voice and thoughts with Exhale)...

Your heart is in the right place, but your delivery could use some work. 

• Like 1
Just now, JordanMiller said:

Alright, I'll approach this in a different way then. How would you like me to think and view Camila Cabello moving forward? 

Jordan, you can think of Canola Cabello in any way you want. I’m not here to tell anyone who and what to support. My problem with this messy messy thread Is that it is giving a known racist sympathy...while the entire world is protesting racism. Maybe if this was a few months ago I wouldn’t be so offended, but right now, when almost every country Is protesting racism, you all are sympathizing with Canola Cabello (a known racist). It’s just...tacky to be honest. Support who you want, but read the room. You’re not the one that featured this thread, but you also don’t see why I’m so upset which is concerning as well. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

Dark Knight deactivated his account. So, I guess your mission is accomplished?

You're telling me I am policing your voice and thoughts (which I don't agree, if anything I am amplifying your voice and thoughts with Exhale)...

Your heart is in the right place, but your delivery could use some work. 

My delivery could use some work? But this thread is sympathizing with a racist...while the world is protesting racism. So you’re insinuating I made dark knight delete his account? He called us POS, morons, worthless, and also said the BLM movement was stupid!  You’ve made it clear that I don’t belong here. Best of luck. I’m out ✌

BLACK LIVES MATTER AND CAMILA CABELLO IS A RACIST. 

• Love 1
  • Leader
1 minute ago, OnlyFacts said:

Jordan, you can think of Canola Cabello in any way you want. I’m not here to tell anyone who and what to support. My problem with this messy messy thread Is that it is giving a known racist sympathy...while the entire world is protesting racism. Maybe if this was a few months ago I wouldn’t be so offended, but right now, when almost every country Is protesting racism, you all are sympathizing with Canola Cabello (a known racist). It’s just...tacky to be honest. Support who you want, but read the room. You’re not the one that featured this thread, but you also don’t see why I’m so upset which is concerning as well. 

I do see why you are upset. Camila Cabello made racist remarks and posts and there's a topic about her not deserving hate featured on the homepage, amidst a civil rights movement. 

From where I stand, there's a key piece of information that's getting dismissed: she tried / is trying to make things right, change, educate herself, support the Black Lives Matter movement. If she was still supporting racism that'd be a whole other thing, but she isn't. Call me a sucker, but I believe people can learn from their mistakes... even if they're abhorrent, even if their remnants remain on the Internet forever. She ****ed up, there's no disputing that. Do we "cancel" culture her forever? 

Is there ever an instance for you where someone who was once racist is no longer a racist person? Or are they that forever to you. Genuinely asking. Trying to understand. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

I’m confused. So in your mind it was ok to supports a racist when people where not protesting (Not that I’m saying she is)? 

You’re offended now for the support of her? But you weren’t a few months back? Please! 

You need to accept that people can accept forgiveness and can forgive her, that’s different to you forgiving her, you’re entitled to your own opinion and can think what you like. I just like to believe she has changed. 

1 minute ago, JordanMiller said:

I do see why you are upset. Camila Cabello made racist remarks and posts and there's a topic about her not deserving hate featured on the homepage, amidst a civil rights movement. 

From where I stand, there's a key piece of information that's getting dismissed: she tried / is trying to make things right, change, educate herself, support the Black Lives Matter movement. If she was still supporting racism that'd be a whole other thing, but she isn't. Call me a sucker, but I believe people can learn from their mistakes... even if they're abhorrent, even if their remnants remain on the Internet forever. She ****ed up, there's no disputing that. Do we "cancel" culture her forever? 

Is there ever an instance for you where someone who was once racist is no longer a racist person? Or are they that forever to you. Genuinely asking. Trying to understand. 

Jordan, leave me alone. Respectfully, you  as a white man, do not get to tell a person of color when to forgive someone for being racist. Especially when that person didn’t properly apologize for what they did. I’m done going in circles. Almost everyone on here is sympathizing with a racist and I’m done. This is no longer a site that I want to be associated with. Best of luck. 

• Love 2
  • Leader
7 hours ago, MonAmour said:

Jordan, are you that NAIVE?!! This girl (or her team) has hired paparazzi every single day of the quarantine to take a picture of her and Shawn holding hands. I would love to think that she changed, but I just don't see it. THIS IS PR 100% LIKE EVERY THING ELSE SHE DOES! She doesn't seem like a genuine person. 

Maybe I am naive then. I guess I like to believe that people can change for the better after making mistakes. 

• Leader
Just now, OnlyFacts said:

Jordan, leave me alone. Respectfully, you  as a white man, do not get to tell a person of color when to forgive someone for being racist. Especially when that person didn’t properly apologize for what they did. I’m done going in circles. Almost everyone on here is sympathizing with a racist and I’m done. This is no longer a site that I want to be associated with. Best of luck. 

I have not told you when you should or shouldn't forgive someone. That is your decision to make.

I know that these are uncomfortable discussions to have, but I think they are important. If we want this country to experience real change, we need to listen. @OnlyFacts, I hear you. You're rightfully outraged and disgusted. Totally valid feelings to experience, and me, as a white man, can't possibly understand what you're going through. I will be here for you if you decide to return. 

10 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

I have not told you when you should or shouldn't forgive someone. That is your decision to make.

I know that these are uncomfortable discussions to have, but I think they are important. If we want this country to experience real change, we need to listen. @OnlyFacts, I hear you. You're rightfully outraged and disgusted. Totally valid feelings to experience, and me, as a white man, can't possibly understand what you're going through. I will be here for you if you decide to return. 

Oh Jordan stop. You’re enjoying the clicks this is getting. You’ll continue turning a blind eye...which is what most of this country has done for hundreds of years and is the root cause of systemic racism. I’m out 🤟

• Leader
5 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

Oh Jordan stop. You’re enjoying the clicks this is getting. You’ll continue turning a blind eye...which is what most of this country has done for hundreds of years and is the root cause of systemic racism. Oh and by the way, I broke a news story for you that Nicki Minaj is pregnant (pic coming soon). You’re welcome. I’m out 🤟

I don't enjoy getting clicks when they're comments labeling me as someone who supports a racist without any context. 

I'm not turning a blind eye. I'm here. I'm commenting. I'm engaging. I'm writing. I'm promoting. I'm donating.

I feel like the music industry tried to make her the next big thing, and she really just isn't anything extraordinary to me... I think it was the AMA's when it really annoyed me, because she was on multiple performances and just everywhere... I was like wtf... she isn't even that good. I kinda feel the same about Billie Eilish but not as much, because I like her... not obsessed but I like her.... Camila kinda just rubs me off as annoying.

• Love 4