Camila Cabello really doesn’t deserve the hate she gets

2 hours ago, AndyFoster said:

camila-cabello-performance-at-grammys-2020-video.jpg.d9b2a0bdcd658f57b4941c4f8deb1c98.jpgcamila-cabello-performance-at-grammys-20

First of all I want to start with the OBVIOUS reason why she’s not liked and that’s the tumblr posts she made. Yes, it was incredibly ignorant of her and most of us at the age of 15 would have known not to have been so ignorant. But she has apologised and has been seen at protests lately supporting the BLM cause. I think it’s time we all start learning to forgive and give second chances, because I feel this girl really is deserving of one.

Before these posts where even brought to life she was being dragged for filth and I don’t really understand why. Yes, she was on every talk show, every award show, every red carpet. But if that was anyone else’s fav, that would be seen as the second coming of Christ, but just because it’s Camila, she’s seen as a try hard. Girl had an album coming out, of course she was gonna grab every opportunity she could. 

As a performer Camila is one of the best out there at the moment. She oozes *** appeal, she has a spark to her in her performances that I haven’t seen for a long time. And before anyone says she has a whiny voice, let’s not forget we are Britney stans here, so let’s not go there. Watch some of Camila’s live sets such as New Music Daily, her voice sounds better live than on the studio versions and it’s great to see her with a live band and switch up the instrumentals of the music.

Camila’s label needs to learn from there mistakes with the rollout of the singles from this album, there were too many in such a short space of time and that didn’t give the previous single the momentum it needed. That said, out of the singles released prior to the album, there were some GEMS! Living Proof, Liar, Easy and Cry For Me are excellent. 

Now, one reason why I believe the album underperformed was the theme of the album. I don’t think people are here for Shawn and Camila and it was seen as a publicity stunt, which a year later we can see now that it wasn’t and they very much are in love. But still, people didn’t care to hear about her in love because it wasn’t seen as real. Romance really didn’t deserve to slump, the writing in the album is brilliant, not the best ever, but still very beautifully written. 

I know no-one will really give a damn about this, but I just think it’s time to stop cancel culture and give this girl a chance to succeed and stop kicking her whilst she’s down because it would be a shame to not see her rise and continue to shine.
Even if you don’t like Camila as a person and find her annoying, simply don’t watch her interviews or anything, but please give her music another chance, it deserves it.

Can we ban this overgrown twink please? He's not even a Britney fan. He's here for Camilla and Camilla only. 
There's nothing that pisses me off more than when a white man tells me to forgive a racist. Just because you love her so much, doesn't make her a non-racist sweetheart. The proof is there.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

I never cancelled her but I dont enjoy her music or her style of performing so there really isnt much for me to get behind. The best thing about her shows are the sets and the lighting.

"Sets and lighting" none of which have to do with her.

yes she does , her online store does no respond to all of my emails. They promised me 3 autographed booklets however only sent 2 in the mail (while other fans got 4) and my package has not even arrived. 

I tweeted Camila and sony music about this multiple times and no one responds. 

Ariana's store sent me something that arrived damaged once, it took one email and they corrected the situation. 

Lady Gaga's store have had no issues with and they are always very polite when talking to them.

1 hour ago, Style. said:

Come on, you’re too hot to hate on general. :queenflopga:

ha ha I apologise, I got a little carried away there  :hugs: ;)

lemme go meditate  

1 hour ago, MonAmour said:

I AM DEAD!!! HHAHAHHAAH! I LOVE THIS! Also, yes... Stan Culture is poisonous.

:bigkiss:

• Leader

@AndyFoster Thank you for taking the time to write this out. 

This is Exhale's second "doesn't deserve the hate" topic (the first being Katy Perry), and I absolutely love this trend. I have never seen another website/forum feature articles/topics that thoughtfully explain why the public turning on someone isn't right - even if the made terrible mistakes in their past. I hope Exhale keeps this going. 

I agree that it's time to end the hate. Camila royally screwed up in her past, but she's apologized and is trying - educating herself and showing up to BLM protests. I don't think it's fair we as a group don't forgive and move forward. Great post. 

• Love 1
  • Like 3
  • Leader
1 hour ago, MonAmour said:

Can we ban this overgrown twink please? He's not even a Britney fan. He's here for Camilla and Camilla only. 
There's nothing that pisses me off more than when a white man tells me to forgive a racist. Just because you love her so much, doesn't make her a non-racist sweetheart. The proof is there.

Not loving this. You began your post by calling him a name. If you want others to show more understanding towards your stance, you must begin by showing that understanding first. Not calling someone a name. 

Also, Exhale is not for Britney fans only. It's actually the opposite of what I want for this place. I WANT people from other fan-bases to come here and feel safe. Not come here, write their opinion, then get shamed. This is exactly what others are scared to join Exhale. Not the vibe. Please consider being more respectful and broadening your views. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 3
  • Leader
21 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

Not surprised you featured an article uplifting a racist in 2020 when the world is protesting racism and injustice. Right up your alley 

this is unacceptable @JordanMiller

Why is it unacceptable? Are people not allowed to make mistakes? I agree what she wrote/said/did was repulsive. However, she didn't defend it. She was appalled at her own 15-year-old self's behavior. Not saying it's right, but we can make the world a better place if we show compassion towards others whom we disagree with. Again, what she did was wrong, but I don't believe we should hold it against her for her entire life. How does that move things forward? 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
21 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

Not surprised you featured an article uplifting a racist in 2020 when the world is protesting racism and injustice. Right up your alley 

this is unacceptable @JordanMiller

Omg tired of this narrative. So nobody is ever forgiven after past mistakes? Then let’s leave those incarcerated there for life because lord knows OnlyFacts doesn’t believe in forgiveness 

• Love 1
  • Like 3
  • Leader
3 hours ago, Style. said:

Cancel culture doesn’t even exist. Twitter fingers is canceling everyone and their mother, but nothing happens. The prime exemple is Doja Cat, Camila Cabello and Demi Lovato. Yet they are still here - on top of their game (well, except for Demetria because she never started but that’s another story. overall she’s ok). 
Nicki Minaj is canceled since 2017, yet she’s still the highest selling female rapper for the record. In less than 24 hours, exhalers will be clocked. :tiffcackle:

Totally disagree. Cancel culture does exist imo and it has destroyed a lot of careers. The most recent one I can think of is CrossFit CEO Greg Glassman for his racist statements about George Floyd. He deserved the backlash imo. The entire CrossFit community denounced him and began dis-affiliating with CrossFit. He stepped down as CEO (but still owns the company). 

i only know her because of Havana and Señorita and those songs are awful. :grimace: and all these pda moments with her girlfriend are just getting tired :sofedup: i mean nothing wrong with two girls exchanging saliva but to constantly show it on public just screams attention :sofedup:

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

So by your logic I'm racist? 

Jordan, I’m not calling you racist, but anyone defending Camila Cabellos racist actions is part of the problem that the country is dealing with. Her tumblr account was still active when it was discovered. Tumblr automatically deactivates accounts after 12 months of no activity, so that means she was still active on the racist tumblr recently up until she was exposed. If you’re using your platform to feature threads uplifting a known racist, then maybe this isn’t the platform for me. What she did was despicable. And her “apology” never said what she was apologizing for specifically. She said she made ignorant statements, but never apologized to the community she hurt, YET, She constantly benefits from (I.e. black producers, black collaborations on her biggest hits, etc). She. Is. A. Racist. END OF STORY!!!

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

@AndyFoster Thank you for taking the time to write this out. 

This is Exhale's second "doesn't deserve the hate" topic (the first being Katy Perry), and I absolutely love this trend. I have never seen another website/forum feature articles/topics that thoughtfully explain why the public turning on someone isn't right - even if the made terrible mistakes in their past. I hope Exhale keeps this going. 

I agree that it's time to end the hate. Camila royally screwed up in her past, but she's apologized and is trying - educating herself and showing up to BLM protests. I don't think it's fair we as a group don't forgive and move forward. Great post. 

SHE HASNT APOLOGIZED TO THE BLACK COMMUNITY FOR WHAT SHE SAID!! Her apology could’ve been her being sorry that she cut someone off on the highway, or didn’t recycle, she never specifically said she’s sorry for the derogatory terms she used and she never said sorry directly to the black community!!!! This is why we’re protesting! Non-people of color are telling us when it’s time to forgive people. NO! Time is up! Stop dismissing people of color and our feelings and our right to be upset. She is RACIST! You cannot seriously be debating this with what we’re dealing with currently in the world 

• Love 1
  • Like 1