This Day in Pop: Britney Spears performs "S&M" with Rihanna and "Till the World Ends" with Nicki Minaj at the 2011 BBMA (May 22)

SAD! This is the day that all my friends that we’re not actual Britney fans like I have always been but just the casual listeners (who loved femme fatale) saw this as terrible and completely lost interest. They brought it up a few years ago when I was talking about Glory ... completely overcasted anything positive

should have opted for the Music video instead brinny; that can be cut beautifully haha 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, BlurredLover said:

SAD! This is the day that all my friends that we’re not actual Britney fans like I have always been but just the casual listeners (who loved femme fatale) saw this as terrible and completely lost interest. They brought it up a few years ago when I was talking about Glory ... completely overcasted anything positive

should have opted for the Music video instead brinny; that can be cut beautifully haha 

the only positive thing to this is that actually, along with the VMAs of that year, it's the best she looked during the FF era. Not just talking like, about the body or so, but she looked alive :blol: I mean, she didn't have the zombie, dead eyes that were typical of that era.

And as far as I understand, these were a last minute thing, so given the circumstances it was kind of decent.

But yeah, this was definitely lackluster in comparison to her past career moments. However it's also worth mentioning that even though she had performed at some awards in Europe, with the Circus era, I think this was the first time she performed at an American awards show since the VMAs 2007.

• Love 6
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

the only positive thing to this is that actually, along with the VMAs of that year, it's the best she looked during the FF era. Not just talking like, about the body or so, but she looked alive :blol: I mean, she didn't have the zombie, dead eyes that were typical of that era.

And as far as I understand, these were a last minute thing, so given the circumstances it was kind of decent.

But yeah, this was definitely lackluster in comparison to her past career moments. However it's also worth mentioning that even though she had performed at some awards in Europe, with the Circus era, I think this was the first time she performed at an American awards show since the VMAs 2007.

100% agree to someone who was following her every performance and appearance for that year. For me as a fan personally I loved it and I thought she looked so cute smiling at Rihanna on stage like that , I coulda lived without the TTWE would have preferred her to just do a dance break even without a mic haha. My point was for the GP this was a bad idea as at least with Gimme More VMA everyone was sympathizing after the initial hate however this one my friends said she looks so uninterested. To them she was the puppet that didn’t want to do it anymore. That’s why it’s sad for me, the day my friends stopped putting on Inside Out or Trouble for Me on their own during our car rides haha . Never stopped me from putting it on tho but it has felt lonely as a Britney fan really ever since... 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, BlurredLover said:

My point was for the GP this was a bad idea as at least with Gimme More VMA everyone was sympathizing after the initial hate however this one my friends said she looks so uninterested.

Well, the experience with my friends and stuff, was different. That "realization" so to call it, they had it since 2007, with the VMA's performance, precisely. By the time this happened, in 2011, they were so uninterested in her, that didn't even notice. And tbh, I don't remember any point in time when people sympathized with Britney, especially after 2007 VMA's. :idkney:

I guess we all lived it differently according to our backgrounds

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Well, the experience with my friends and stuff, was different. That "realization" so to call it, they had it since 2007, with the VMA's performance, precisely. By the time this happened, in 2011, they were so uninterested in her, that didn't even notice. And tbh, I don't remember any point in time when people sympathized with Britney, especially after 2007 VMA's. :idkney:

I guess we all lived it differently according to our backgrounds

Yes I am in Canada and I remember the US news was very scrutinizing and then the Canadian news would not really discuss it and just wish she would get better and take time away. I recall this show in Canada called Marilyn Dennis and she said that she thought it was terrible how the view celebrated her divorce to KFED with balloons and confetti... this is someone’s marriage with whom she has two very young children. 
I remember when Craig Ferguson who did the late late show back then had a breakdown himself after Britney shaved her head on air (still on youtube) because he was upset with the way the media was attacking. At the time there was supporters and important ones however as Craig Ferguson said later on about that in air rant is that he was sure he was going to be fired. 
A lot of people I knew were causal Britney fans after circus and then died down afterwards when like I said this performance and the tour was terrible live which we saw. IF U SEEK AMY use to go off at the bars here when it came out haha the and not just the gay bars

• Like 1