Do you agree? Usher says Nicki Minaj "is a product" of Lil Kim

Nicki is 100% a product of Kim's, but for the digital age. I'm tired of hearing about Nicki's # of charting songs. If Kim started her career with such technology, who knows how the numbers would be different. Nicki's chart success is a mix of talent (yes, talent) but also streaming. Kim fought hard for SALES! So stop trying to compare the two by that factor. Kim was charting on Billboard by sales and radio. Nicki took the Kim Blueprint and amplified it for immediate consumption. NICKI IS A PRODUCT OF KIM.

Yet again...men pitting women against each other :brityawning: I love Minaj, but I STAN Lil Kim. Kim carved out the blueprint and Nicki built the house. Its sad because Kim isn't even worth near as much as Nicki BUT Nicki also inspired female rap artists. 

How bout we stop pitting women against each other and allow them to celebrate one another? 

Sassy Peace Out GIF

I agree. But the difference is Kim got outshined on her collabs..

Ladies night was outshined by missy and the late Lisa "Left Eye" lopes.

Missy is the original lizzo. Just classier.

Where left eye was a mixture of Kim and Nicki. 

Equally aggressive but not afraid to be as dramatic about behind the scenes like nicki. 

However I would say. It's sad how the veterans male or female don't like nicki. 

I could see 2pac and lisa only embracing her. Sadly. We were supposed to get a great friendship with Cardi. But that fell through. 

I still feel the anger over Cardi isnt validated. To me it was media driven. 

I still find it odd. Despite the whole incident happened. Fashion houses call cardi more than Nicki. And Cardi is still the first female rap act to have a Vogus US edition cover. 

So somehow. It did take doja to get a #1, single. Billboard was shady saying it took 106 entries. That was shady. 

The barbz do still deal with the fact that a lot of her chart entries aren't hits. They last one or two weeks. 

But they said. To the haters it's not a hit. To us it is. Even the bubbling under tracks. 

Obviously Lil Kim was a huge influence on Nicki but Nicki can’t change that and she shouldn’t be punished for it. Also Lil Kim could’ve been nice and supportive. Either way Missy Elliot will always be the queen of rap. Also why did Usher have to say this? Haven’t really heard from him in a while maybe it should stay that way. 

• Haha 1

I think it’s obvious that Kim paved the way for Nicki. That much is inarguable. 
But Nicki made her own lane off that path. The similarities don’t go much further than black female rapper. To reduce Nicki to “a product of Lil Kim” is not fair given Nicki’s chart success and work ethic. Nicki revived the female rap genre. 
Both are icons and have made their mark on the industry, I don’t know why usher thought it smart to bring up this decade old feud and, once again, pit women against one another. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, OnlyFacts said:

I detect no lies. I’m so sick of Nicki Minaj. She’s desperate and has become everything she used to call Kim.

Can we all agree that the only reason Nicki collaborated with Megan and Doja is because she doesn’t want another female rapper to come up without her being able to take credit for making them? She’s already taking 100% credit for Say So reaching #1...even though radio only plays the original. Ugh. She’s such a loser these days. 

cardi GIF

Yo @Alxatc what’s your beef? You’re cute AF, but keep downvoting everything I say?nicki minaj twerk GIF

6 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I agree. But the difference is Kim got outshined on her collabs..

Ladies night was outshined by missy and the late Lisa "Left Eye" lopes.

Missy is the original lizzo. Just classier.

Where left eye was a mixture of Kim and Nicki. 

Equally aggressive but not afraid to be as dramatic about behind the scenes like nicki. 

However I would say. It's sad how the veterans male or female don't like nicki. 

I could see 2pac and lisa only embracing her. Sadly. We were supposed to get a great friendship with Cardi. But that fell through. 

I still feel the anger over Cardi isnt validated. To me it was media driven. 

I still find it odd. Despite the whole incident happened. Fashion houses call cardi more than Nicki. And Cardi is still the first female rap act to have a Vogus US edition cover. 

So somehow. It did take doja to get a #1, single. Billboard was shady saying it took 106 entries. That was shady. 

The barbz do still deal with the fact that a lot of her chart entries aren't hits. They last one or two weeks. 

But they said. To the haters it's not a hit. To us it is. Even the bubbling under tracks. 

Do you think Nicki would ever check her ego at the door to even do a ladies night?  I always liked how Kim supported her other female peers in rap. Nicki has never 

• Content Curators

Ok then in that sense Britney is a complete product of Janet 

I’m sorry but people really shouldn’t use CARDI as an example of a “real rapper” compared to nicki just cause she’s more pop 

cardi b will never ever be able to reach Roman Zolanski(Look it up if u don’t know) and that’s on that :leaving:

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

Ok then in that sense Britney is a complete product of Janet 

I’m sorry but people really shouldn’t use CARDI as an example of a “real rapper” compared to nicki just cause she’s more pop 

cardi b will never ever be able to reach Roman Zolanski(Look it up if u don’t know) and that’s on that :leaving:

roman outsold 

are u a fellow barb? :nicki2:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block