Do you agree? Usher says Nicki Minaj "is a product" of Lil Kim

• Leader

Usher unapologetically says Nicki Minaj is a product of Lil Kim's.

It brings up several questions: 

1. Do you agree with Usher?
  2. Would Nicki Minaj exist without Kim?
  3. Did Lil Kim pave the way for Nicki?

In my opinion, I do think Lil Kim paved the way, yes, and even Nicki would agree to that. However, I don't consider Nicki a product of Kim's. There are a couple of similarities, like the wigs and the overtly ****** lyrics and costumes, but those aren't exclusive to Kim. 

Nicki created her own lane and 100+ Hot 100 songs later gets a #1. The longevity is hers and hers alone. I don't agree with Usher, do you?

kim-nicki.jpg.72b90d437c81005a14469455133f8d1f.jpg

• Like 1

I detect no lies. I’m so sick of Nicki Minaj. She’s desperate and has become everything she used to call Kim.

Can we all agree that the only reason Nicki collaborated with Megan and Doja is because she doesn’t want another female rapper to come up without her being able to take credit for making them? She’s already taking 100% credit for Say So reaching #1...even though radio only plays the original. Ugh. She’s such a loser these days. 

cardi GIF

• Love 3
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, sparrowhawk said:

Don’t get me started. Always hated Minaj. Swaggajacker, industry pawn, payola and pop-rap, not rap. Lil Kim is the 👑 Queen. Ol girl tried it though. green lil kim GIF

THANK YOU!!! Nicki Minaj is the BIGGEST FRAUD of the last decade! Self-proclaiming she’s the “Queen of Rap” but her biggest songs are POP! Even say so is a POP song (Katy Perry circa 2013 to be exact). Cardi and Kim have true Classic hip hop albums. Not one of Nicki’s albums is rap classic. Nicki is a clown and a loser! 

mr rogers clown GIFTaylor Swift Reaction GIFslimed demi lovato GIF by Kids' Choice Awards 2018

• Love 3
  • Like 3
18 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

THANK YOU!!! Nicki Minaj is the BIGGEST FRAUD of the last decade! Self-proclaiming she’s the “Queen of Rap” but her biggest songs are POP! Even say so is a POP song (Katy Perry circa 2013 to be exact). Cardi and Kim have true Classic hip hop albums. Not one of Nicki’s albums is rap classic. Nicki is a clown and a loser! 

mr rogers clown GIFTaylor Swift Reaction GIFslimed demi lovato GIF by Kids' Choice Awards 2018

perry GIF

i would say yes...i mean if you try to look at the "lineage", lil kim is absolutely who she had to have drawn more inspiration from than anyone (and she was a fan at first i thought?). she's certainly not a missy elliot or a lauryn hill or etc....she's a lil kim descendent. nicki's lyrics were also far raunchier and offensive at the start of her career, she dumbed it down for popstar fame.

Why being a "pop rapper" is a crime? Nicki is THAT versatile. She can even SING. And I really do mean sing, the woman has pipes. And she's an AMAZING rapper, by the way. If any of you deny that, you're not being serious.
Having said that... Why does a man have a say on another woman's career? Usher baby, go mind your own business.

I adore Nicki but I don't agree about "product" and think it's more of a generation thing...

Lil Kim might be in her prime for rap at the 90's and you can't take it from her, like I don't know much about Mariah, Janet, Michael Jackson being iconic for pop and thinking Britney, Christina, Rihanna are "better" because I witnessed their prime as Nicki

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block