Britney Spears Choreographer Brian Friedman's Exhale AMA

8 hours ago, BrianFriedman said:

Our story is long and personal. I stepped away from Britney for a moment during the Blackout era for reasons that her and I only need to know. We reconnected for the Femme Fatale era and due to death threats from fans, constant hate messages and a loss of love for the music industry in general I decided to walk away from the Femme Fatale tour. It was a difficult decision to make but my sanity and happiness were more important. Fans loved to ridicule me for comments I made in an MTV interview and then blame me whenever they didn't like a Britney performance which is ridiculous to me. Luckily Britney and I were able to reconnect on X factor US. Who knows if we will ever work together again. That is up to Brit... we would need to sit down and talk and make sure we're on the same page though. 

1. OMFG he answered my question *DED* :dead:
2. It was a deep question, but I definitely did NOT expect a deep response like that.  Thank you for answering with such a beautiful yet sad response.  I knew this fan base was toxic, but death threats?  That's horrible and I'm so sorry to hear that.  I wonder if that's why she doesn't like (or her team doesn't like, since we don't know her personal opinion) adding HIAM to her tours anymore even though it's a huge fan fav... because of the safety of her, Brian, and the dancers? or simply because it brings bad memories of those death threats?
I'm sure Britney WANTS to work with you and still considers you a friend, and that's simply prevented since she can't hang out with anyone without approval first.  I really hope once the C-Ship is over, you guys get to work together again!
:)  

7 hours ago, BrianFriedman said:

I was working with Britney on the Blackout album before stepping away and I absolutely love what I created for Gimme More. That song was an immediate obsession for me when she first played it and I am sad the world couldn't see what we created. I never videoed anything from rehearsals since it was just workshopping movement at that stage. 

WHATTTTTTT.... TEA...... BOILING..... SPILT....
Omg a Gimme More music video/performance with actual choreography?  Can you please please please record a clip with your dance crew doing it? (if you're allowed) :yesplease:

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

Lol I gotta work on the items. They're kinda lame at the moment. I want to add some custom items, just not sure what that looks like yet. :teigen:

you can also do the reddit coin system. selective upvote buttons for people who have points or something.:martini:

I remember the death threats and the hate he got. Breatheheavy-people in here ******* hated his ***, called him many names, and I can believe some took it even further.. Thats exhell for ya, most people are hated until they are missed... 

Loved this!!! He spoke very respectfully of Britney and her team. He wasn’t giving any information that was wanted in regards to behaviour or her team/conservatorship. :bieber:

I loved how he brought up the fact that she was having problems with his choreography and they had to go over choreography that they were both happy with... She couldn’t keep up with them obviously. 

Id die to have seen his choreography for Gimme More in Piece Of Me!!! 

I’d like to know what he thought of the VMA performance in 2007 :frenchy:

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, Kiey said:

Omg so iconic

@JordanMiller

omggg can u try to get Britney to do one of this AMA!!!?

that would be epic!!!

If my some miracle that was to ever happen, she'd have her management over her shoulder (or they themselves would conduct the Q&A)

Because fans would get super personal and ask about her conservatorship :pieceofwhat:

• Like 1