Camila Cabello cancels the Romance Tour

• Leader

Camila Cabello's Romance Tour is officially cancelled (versus postponed).

To be honest, it wasn't selling amazingly well prior to the pandemic anyway. :peasants:

When tours continue to resume, I wonder if she can rebuild her status. The GP was kinda sorta getting to know her name, but in a few years she might just be that "Havana" girl. 

At least she's getting organic slime. :jj: 

Thoughts on Camila cancelling?

camila-tour.jpg.fbe442301e90ea2d8be691eb09e3f9d2.jpg

well at least she had the PERFECT excuse to cancel hahaha..

Not very sure to consider her as a one hit wonder (the Havana Girl), she has had some kind of sucessful featurings in the past and a very sucessful collab with Shawn last year... and we should also consider the unexpected sucess on the charts of My Oh My, of course disregarding the payola thing.

I think if her next album do not does well, then she would be in problems :mhm:

• Haha 2
  • Like 2
20 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

camila-tour.jpg.fbe442301e90ea2d8be691eb09e3f9d2.jpg

Gawd I hate the next generation coming up.:tiffeyeroll:

Teens just love over-sharing everything. Like do you really think the internet needs to see you cry over some basic bi+ch? :wyd::staysalty:

Camila should be grateful she has such a valid excuse to use to cancel the tour. It would have been embarrassing for her to have so many empty seats. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Barajas said:

well at least she had the PERFECT excuse to cancel hahaha..

Not very sure to consider her as a one hit wonder (the Havana Girl), she has had some kind of sucessful featurings in the past and a very sucessful collab with Shawn last year... and we should also consider the unexpected sucess on the charts of My Oh My, of course disregarding the payola thing.

I think if her next album do not does well, then she would be in problems :mhm:

I think she is not a stand alone artist. She needs features to push her singles, at least in the U.S. I'm not sure of her/ if she has global impact. "Never Been the Same" is the only solo song she has that has charted Top 10. With people I've spoke to, they only know Havana, so IDK. It's all subjective, but I feel payola is really driving her career. How does she get so much radio play, but yet can't sell a tour? She can't chart as a solo artist for her singles. I just think her label knows she is friends with Taylor Swift so they are using that friendship to solidify her profit potential and get her o perform on every award show, and get her radio play, but when she needs the public to show up, they aint there (aka her first flop arena tour). 

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Born2Die said:

I think she is not a stand alone artist. She needs features to push her singles, at least in the U.S. I'm not sure of her/ if she has global impact. "Never Been the Same" is the only solo song she has that has charted Top 10. With people I've spoke to, they only know Havana, so IDK. It's all subjective, but I feel payola is really driving her career. How does she get so much radio play, but yet can't sell a tour? She can't chart as a solo artist for her singles. I just think her label knows she is friends with Taylor Swift so they are using that friendship to solidify her profit potential and get her o perform on every award show, and get her radio play, but when she needs the public to show up, they aint there (aka her first flop arena tour). 

I believe its about the business model labels are following now. They make huge investments on videos, airplay and promoting the songs in youtube so they can make an artist relevant.  Then they take these artist do TONS of shows and this is where they REALLY make money. We know profits are not in the albums or singles anymore.

Camila is having a high investment on promotion (those videos were well produced, and the payola was HIGH) but the tour sales were overestimated, it was too soon for her to have an arena tour.

I think she still would have one more shoot with the label maybe, if next single or album flops.. well then she will be forgotten, and probably will have to call fifth harmony to have a reunion :makeitrain:.

• Love 1

I can't believe the American mentality... You're either number 1, or a total failure. There's a reason why there's a Billboard ONE HUNDRED. Camila is doing just fine, and earning money at the same time. Also, she has achieved a lot and she's still super young and she's driven and talented and... Seriously, let's just enjoy her as a whole. I AM critical of things like Gaga releasing a mediocre lead single, but even then I know she's here to stay. Sometimes there are bumps on the road. Look at Madonna and Cher. They are absolute forces of nature, yet they weren't always on top or did everything right nor everything was celebrated by the GP, but they are still relevant, and even if they weren't, they worked so hard that they have a legacy behind them. Camila is hard-working and really wants it so I'm sure she'll do cool things along the way. Anyway I'm not here to defend her especially, but just artists in general who have such fire in their hearts for what they do, and she's definitely one of them.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, BritneySpurs said:

I'm really surprised that she tours arenas. Do her shows sell well? I don't ever hear of anyone going to a Camila Cabello concert. I can't imagine how bad her shows are lol.

I think they just over estimated her star power from her being a Reputation tour opener honestly.

8 hours ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

She literally sucks a ss and is racist 

https://vm.tiktok.com/coevE7/

She's so terrible lol. She's not talented at all. The only thing she has going for her are those 3 hits that were never great to begin with and are now so overplayed they're annoying af. I don't know anyone that would pay arena concert prices to see her live with only 3 hits and it's not like she's a good entertainer. 

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block