Ariana Grande responds to the LA Times' controversial quote about Gaga being the queen of pop

17 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I legit can’t at people on here saying Taylor is the new princess of Pop....lmao no! Sorry she hasn’t done a single iconic thing and makes forgettable basic music! 

THIS!

There's never been someone who is more opportunistic, all she does is make music regarding the tabloids she puts out there. Nothing is genuine and it's all calculated.

Oh my dancers quit to go back to working for Katy, let's maker her the villain = Bad Blood

Let's capitalize on the Kanye drama again = Look What You Made Me Do

Oh I got called out by the Gays for not being an ally = More Basic A$$ $hit 

She's basically the Donald Trump of the pop world.

• Love 2
On 4/26/2020 at 7:05 AM, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

THIS. Thank you! I was going to say that people only do this to women. I didn’t  see anyone calling Justin Timberlake the King of Pop when he was ruling the charts. I don’t see anyone calling Justin Bieber the King/Prince of Pop. 

Justin Bieber has called himself the prince of pop and the king of pop hahaha :imok:

• Haha 1

Girl please. Ariana? What about Taylor? She's the only one still selling physical albums lmao. she fills up stadiums double the size of Ariana. I love me some good Ariana but her songs aren't aging well....like who still listens to Problem? Dangerous Woman? These songs are long forgotten by many people. Meanwhile people still jam to Taylor's Blank Space..  

There are others that simply showed they have a bigger position than Ari. 

I may be in the minority here, but I think post early 00's pop scene, the idea of a pop queen or princess is a retired thought.

The reason Madonna has long been labeled as the Queen of Pop is because she CREATED female pop culture. Yes, there were other female stars before her, but none of them created the template that defines pop culture today. Think about it, EVERYTHING in female pop music is some product of what Madonna created or did early on in her career. It wasn't until the early 00's that another female pop star came along and took what Madonna did and re-invented it in her own way. That person my friends, was Britney Spears. She took the template and upgraded it to a whole new level. Before Britney, there had not been another female pop star that captured the same essence as Madonna.

Ever since the 00's Britney era, the public has had this idea that every generation must have a new pop queen or princess but that's not how it works. As talented as Lady GaGa and Ariana Grande are, they didn't contribute anything original to the scene. Lady GaGa's is successful and ridiculously talented, but she's followed the same template and mold that both Madonna and Britney created. In some instances, some have even called her a copy-cat. A true queen would never. As for Ariana, she's a good singer, but what else does she even have to offer? 

Anyway, just like there will never be another King of Pop, there will never be another Queen or Princess of Pop. 

Tbh many news sites write articles all the time... and it’s cute that ari acknowledge it..but it doesn’t mean shizzz. Lol everyone knows this . Ari ain’t no princess of pop. That’s laughable lol.

Just she’s relevant Bc of her last album And her exes death...she’s not an icon. She’s just trendy. 

Gaga’s up there though. But ari Lololol no.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block