Ariana Grande responds to the LA Times' controversial quote about Gaga being the queen of pop

• Leader

Ariana Grande caught wind of the LA Times' quote that essentially called Lady Gaga the new queen of pop, and how she chose Ariana as her princess.

They also low-key claimed that they replace Madonna and Britney as our pop royalty.  

I posted about it on BH's Instagram and the comments exploded.

Ariana said it made her cry.

Looks like she accepts the crown! 

gaga-ari.jpg

8 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

It's Taylor Swift. :imacat:

I think Taylor has her place in the pop royalty but that was in the Red-Reputation era (basically 2012-2018) . We can not deny that Ariana had become far more huger and big towards the progression of sweetener to TUN. TUN was basically her second biggest era and was more critically acclaimed, outsold and was more successful compared ironically to Lover (I have the TUN and lover CDs both btw and they’re amazing:ramona:they could done so much better with the TUN booklet and adding more pictures to lover booklet:demi:) We can agree that Ari introduced the trend of mixing pop and trap and in those 2 years (2018-2019) alone, the influence was huge, hearing the same thing in the radio over and over again:martini:

5 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

I think Taylor has her place in the pop royalty but that was in the Red-Reputation era (basically 2012-2018) . We can not deny that Ariana had become far more huger and big towards the progression of sweetener to TUN. TUN was basically her second biggest era and was more critically acclaimed, outsold and was more successful compared ironically to Lover (I have the TUN and lover CDs both btw and they’re amazing:ramona:they could done so much better with the TUN booklet and adding more pictures to lover booklet:demi:) We can agree that Ari introduced the trend of mixing pop and trap and in those 2 years (2018-2019) alone, the influence was huge, hearing the same thing in the radio over and over again:martini:

Why am i not surprised if you think Ari and not Taylor is the current Pop Princess when you can't even get the accurate timeline of Britney's career. :imacat:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
52 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Oh Ari, Ari. I love you but have several seats. At 18 this was you 

and at 18 this was the true Princess of Pop 

The other day I was like, how was that song called where Ariana is walking on the street, and I couldn't remember and now I know why  I forgot it :orangu:

is it me or it's a complete rip off from that 4 Non Blondes song ?

also, it's so bad, youtube can't even let it finish :blol:

at least I have OIDIA right here to forget about that (again)

• Haha 4
2 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

The other day I was like, how was that song called where Ariana is walking on the street, and I couldn't remember and now I know why  I forgot it :orangu:

is it me or it's a complete rip off from that 4 Non Blondes song ?

also, it's so bad, youtube can't even let it finish :blol:

at least I have OIDIA right here to forget about that (again)

It was so bad she took it down her own channel thinking we would forget it existed. We forgot the name good sis, but we did not forget the cringe :thelook:

• Haha 2
Just now, Mattyj7883 said:

I’m not discrediting anything that Gaga or Ariana have done in their careers thus far.  It’s just that the things Madonna and Britney did in their careers, especially before internet and social media, was so impactful that they earned those titles.  Just like Michael Jackson will always be known as the King of Pop.  
200.gif

MildCoarseDonkey-max-1mb.gif
tumblr_inline_oif9v2mrgP1qgyc7o_400.gifv

Oh yeah I’m not discrediting them, but I would say Gaga is a bigger contender than Ariana. Doesn’t make sense someone who has achieved less success than Britney would be the one to dethrone her and Ariana hasn’t even had the impact Gaga has had. Gaga has one of my all time favorite albums and Ariana was one of my top 10 most played artists of the decade on Spotify :haha: granted it’s not because of her full albums. It’s because I stan about 3 songs from each of her albums hardcore that I’ve made playlists of those songs :mattafact:

• Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block