Dua Lipa releasing a deluxe version of 'Future Nostalgia' on November 6th

such a good listen front to back, bops on bops all throughout, that title track had me fully FLOORED and don't get me started on 'break my heart' and good in bed! the production is next level and it's so infectious and i love how urgent the vocal melodies are, it feels personal too. i love how disco is coming back this year. i'm 100% for it.

• Like 3

After listening to the album in full, the only song I found a bit disappointing was "Boys Will Be Boys", but apart from that, it's an excellent record and the best one from 2020 so far! I know that some music critics compared "Good In Bed" to Lizzo's songs and I totally get why. I can easily imagine her singing that track. Apart from that, "Cool" sounds just like a Tove Lo song and I'd prefer her to sing that song, actually. No wonder: she co-wrote it.

I really hope "Hallucinate" becomes a single: it's quite similar to "Physical" and it's an addictive, intoxicating dance track. Clearly inspired by Madonna, it deserves to top the charts. :mhm:

• Like 4

https://www.billboard.com/amp/articles/columns/pop/9345029/dua-lipa-future-nostalgia-album-songs-ranking?__twitter_impression=true

Billboard lists Physical as the top track.

While the political Boys will be boys is deemed the worst track. Saying it ruined a flawless album with it's toxic masculinity message and the children's choir even makes it worse.

Bottom line a party record ended up on a sour note with a political theme that would have fit best on her debut album. 

• Like 2

I have not listened to anything else since I last posted here. And I have to say I have grown to be ok with Good in Bed. So that's 10 perfect tracks now. I'm still not crazy about Boys Will Be Boys but I feel like at this point, it's inevitable that I will also grow to like it in the coming days. I think I'm actually a few spins away from liking it. :gobaby: But even if I end up liking all 11 tracks from Future Nostalgia, I guess I will always be biased towards the album I compared it to just because it's been a part of my life for years. But that doesn't take away the fact that FN is still a stunning record on it's own. I just think I'm not really in a dancing mood these days so it feels uneasy blasting it on my speakers around the house - which is the usual volume when I listen to music at home. But for some reason I listen to FN with a much lower volume. It just doesn't feel right. I don't know. I guess i'm just feeling out of it lately. :ehum:

• Haha 1
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Roxxy said:

I have not listened to anything else since I last posted here. And I have to say I have grown to be ok with Good in Bed. So that's 10 perfect tracks now. I'm still not crazy about Boys Will Be Boys but I feel like at this point, it's inevitable that I will also grow to like it in the coming days. I think I'm actually a few spins away from liking it. :gobaby: But even if I end up liking all 11 tracks from Future Nostalgia, I guess I will always be biased towards the album I compared it to just because it's been a part of my life for years. But that doesn't take away the fact that FN is still a stunning record on it's own. I just think I'm not really in a dancing mood these days so it feels uneasy blasting it on my speakers around the house - which is the usual volume when I listen to music at home. But for some reason I listen to FN with a much lower volume. It just doesn't feel right. I don't know. I guess i'm just feeling out of it lately. :ehum:

Boyzelbeez boyzelbeez boyzelbeeboyz:duadance:

• Haha 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block