Dua Lipa releasing a deluxe version of 'Future Nostalgia' on November 6th

11 minutes ago, argentinian.in.telaviv said:

Also guys leaks happened all the time, all of Madonna's albums since Hard Candy got leaked at least two weeks prior release. Also Femme Fatale, Circus, like literally all of them got leaked back then. Madonna's Rebel Heart was different because a hacker leaked all the DEMOS when the album still wasn't ready,  that added extra pressure.

Lots of albums get leaked but the amount of people that download them doesn't compare to the amount of people buying it or streaming it , no one goes to the media player and plays mp3 files anymore when you have at least 6/7 streaming services.

It all comes down to how good the album is and how much the GP are interested in it.

Dua will be fine 

Hehe. I think what you're missing here is more than just the pressure of its commercial performance being affected by the leak. It is far more than that. She is an artist. And as I previously discussed above, they have a vision of how, when, and where they want to present their art. Don't think that she's crying because she is scared of flopping. It is not just that. They have a vision for their art and they would want to showcase it on their own terms. And even if she is crying partly because of what you think she is crying about, she is still allowed to feel and do just that. Don't trivialize someone else's struggles just because people have it worse or people have gone through the same thing because we all might be going through the same circumstances but what sets us apart and makes each experience unique and personal is our difference in how we all react and respond to situations like grief and pain. Like, I like how you're being respectful in voicing your opinions unlike some people, but just know that all feelings are valid. We're in year 2020 where we're all supposed to be more embracing of each other's feelings because pain, struggle, and mental health is such a big issue now. I hope you become more open to these things. ❤❤❤

And Rebel Heart underperformed because of the leak. Just because it's a normal occurence, it don't mean it's okay. :mattafact:

• Love 1

it's a interesting time for music (..sadly of course) in terms of winning new public. People are confined around the world in their houses for god know how long.. looking for something new everyday on the internet , new songs , new artist , new videos , they need to accelerate everything 85% or 90% in the process and release it NOW. Album, singles, Videos, concerts , etc. 

BTW FUTURE NOSTALGIA IS A REALLY GOOD ALBUM, 4 O 5 MEGA HITS SINGLE MATERIAL IS A LOT FOR AN ALBUM. WELL DONE DUA :) 

• Like 2
  • Leader

The reviews are starting to come in!

An album that is intended to offer escapism from life’s more serious side. “I wanted to make music that takes your mind away from that,” Lipa told Vogue Australia recently. “I wanted to just make it a bit easier for me to get out of bed and not think about the negative things that are going on in the world all the time.”

When she made this album, the musician couldn’t know just how awful a state the world would be upon it’s released. But that just makes her achieving her mission all the more important. ‘Future Nostalgia’ is a bright, bold collection of pop majesty to dance away your anxieties to… if only for a little while.

On 3/23/2020 at 12:26 PM, Louis_j said:

Wow like it such a big deal to advance the release of 1 ******* week. Like get real. 

If your music is good, it will breakthrough, no matter what ******* release date.

Her music is a generic mess made for a wide sheep public.

Sorry about your promotional strategy falling apart. :trash:

Yikes, thats way harsh. This is a pop music forum lol...pop music is made for mass appeal . No need to be so hateful. 

Alrighty! I finished my first run through. It feels like a fiercer E•MO•TION. I haven't heard a great true pop album since EMT, and FN is EMT, but with a lot of attitude, shinier, and 'punchier'. I'm so glad there are more Don't Start Nows and Physical is just that one song - since I'm not really crazy about that one. I like livelier and poppier sounds. Which brings me to my faves apart from the lead single - I like HallucinateLevitating, and Break My Heart. ❤ The final two tracks are the weakest. Rather, they're the only two weak tracks. I appreciate the lyrical content, like the message. Sure, I get it. But definitely not up to par with the nine tracks that came before them. BWBB ain't no Criminal FF closer. :mattafact:

• Like 3

Ok, based on the reviews I expected it to be SUPERB... :ahhhhh: Don't get me wrong, I like it a lot, but I thought I'd love it more. "E*MO*TION" is still sitting on that "revival pop" throne UNBOTHERED (a 9/10 by itself, a 1000/10 when combined with "Side B" and the Japanese deluxe tracks). :donewithit: I love that it's not very generic, but I wish she had gone ALL OUT with the nostalgia theme. I'm 100% sure all of the songs (except for "Boys Will Be Boys", ew) are going to grow on me even more in the following weeks, though. :mhm: "Physical" still remains THAT song, but "Love Again" is definitely my favorite non-single. :bsass: "Good In Bed" is definitely not what I had expected from a song with such a title. Love it, and I totally see it having its own little TikTok moment. :lollipop: On first listen - 7/10. :comingthru:

• Like 1

"Boys Will Be Boys" is trash. Not even gonna hold back on this one. :mariahstare: Like... The message is cute and everything... I get it, Dua. But it ruins the cohesion of the album and completely pulls you out of it. Thank god it's the final song on the album. It's so out of place. :( The verses are actually really good. They're VERY Lily Allen. Like... SO LILY ALLEN - from the accent, to the politics, to the sarcasm. And y'all know how much I love Lily Allen. :bigtime: However, the chorus is so weak and uninspired. BYE!!! :nyschool:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JordanMiller said:

Now that it’s out. Officially... 

My favs are Cool and Levitating thus far :duadance:

Sugar-boo needs the single treatment ASAP :werk:

I've been listening since it  l̶e̶a̶k̶e̶d̶ came out and I have to give it a 8.5/10 just because Good In Beed and Boys Will Be Boys did not grow on me sadly. But Levitating and Love again stand out for me, and Break My Heart sold me with the video. She mixed the 80s with current music perfectly :madance:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block