How are you dealing with Coronavirus?

Slayer

4 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

The only clip of a Telenovela I’ve seen is that one where the dude kisses the girl in the wheel chair and some mom walks in on them and starts beating everyone up 

including a grandma 

idek what it was 

iconic :mcorangu:

tenor.gif

yes, it was iconic lol 

I never imagined it would go viral one day. For years it was one of those things you think only you know or care about lol Before the internet no one really talked about these important topics :blol: I'm glad it finally received the international recognition it deserved. 

That telenovela in particular is so ridiculous, but it's funny. 

Though actually, that and many other telenovelas were exported to many countries back in the day, places like Europe and such. Even in the Philippines, I think they adore or used to adore Thalia (the protagonist of this telenovela). She was received like a goddess, or so they say. She did many telenovelas, but this one where the scene comes from, the villain, portrayed by Itatí Cantoral, stole the spotlight. That's why she was killed in the story at some point, but they had to revive her because the telenovela was flopping without her. 

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

A lot of people think t.v., especially telenovelas, are trash and ruin your brain :yaknow: (yes, I still pretend Jordan didn't delete my favorite emotes)

People think that? I saw the Thalia trilogy and I graduated with honors. It's funny they think that. :huh:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I'm in Florida, tired af because all nonessential personnel is working from home but it's not like they can do much without the resources of the office. So the few of us here are cranky and isolated because we're overworked and not allowed to be near each other. This is fine.  :pieceofwhat:

Spoiler

help me. 

Thank goodness I have y'all :crying4: 

21 minutes ago, THE BAJAN VIBE said:

Oh my god, you're so cool:unreal:

I'm just old. :haha: I grew up watching these and many others like La Viuda De Blanco which is very iconic to me. I was also obsessed with Rubi. Omg iconic. :gobaby: I also particularly enjoyed the Zorro telenovela which features Beyoncé's Amor Gitano. Ughhhh so good. :crying2: Oh! My faves too are Pasion de Gavilanes and El Cuerpo Del Deseo omggggg Mario Cimarro. :sobbing:

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

I'm just old. :haha: I grew up watching these and many others like La Viuda De Blanco which is very iconic to me. I was also obsessed with Rubi. Omg iconic. :gobaby: I also particularly enjoyed the Zorro telenovela which features Beyoncé's Amor Gitano. Ughhhh so good. :crying2: Oh! My faves too are Pasion de Gavilanes and El Cuerpo Del Deseo omggggg Mario Cimarro. :sobbing:

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

I don't know La Viuda de Blanco but was 100% obsessed with Rubi too and Amor Gitano was such a bop! God, Rubi was the iconic villian.

Did you see 'La Usurpadora' or 'Rebelde'? Iconic telenovelas lol

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, THE BAJAN VIBE said:

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

I don't know La Viuda de Blanco but was 100% obsessed with Rubi too and Amor Gitano was such a bop! God, Rubi was the iconic villian.

Did you see 'La Usurpadora' or 'Rebelde'? Iconic telenovelas lol

I can't believe I'm really out here exposing my telenovela childhood. I freaking love Exhale for giving me this platform to spazz about these memories. :haha:

OMGGGGGGGGGG I freaking forgot about La Usurpadora!!! Iconiccccccccccccccc! I can't believe i listed all of the others and totally forgot this one. Carlos Daniel and Willy, right??? UGHHH so tragic. :queenie: One of the biggest injustices in telenovelas ever. It's on the same level as La Viuda De Blanco:gobaby:

I don't know Rebelde tho...

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Roxxy said:

I can't believe I'm really out here exposing my telenovela childhood. I freaking love Exhale for giving me this platform to spazz about these memories. :haha:

OMGGGGGGGGGG I freaking forgot about La Usurpadora!!! Iconiccccccccccccccc! I can't believe i listed all of the others and totally forgot this one. Carlos Daniel and Willy, right??? UGHHH so tragic. :queenie: One of the biggest injustices in telenovelas ever. It's on the same level as La Viuda De Blanco:gobaby:

I don't know Rebelde tho...

I'm 26 years old and my childhood was the same. We're so lucky, lol. 

La Usurpadora was ICONIC! I remember the sountrack... 'Un día llegaré con un disfraz, distinto el color, la misma faz'

I'm so curious for the Viuda one lol.

Rebelde was a phenomenon and they created the band RBD, they were really successful and their music videos got millions of views in youtube. :crying1:

Spoiler

Isn't this thing crazy? Their show in the Maracaná

• Love 1
3 hours ago, THE BAJAN VIBE said:

I'm 26 years old and my childhood was the same. We're so lucky, lol. 

La Usurpadora was ICONIC! I remember the sountrack... 'Un día llegaré con un disfraz, distinto el color, la misma faz'

I'm so curious for the Viuda one lol.

Rebelde was a phenomenon and they created the band RBD, they were really successful and their music videos got millions of views in youtube. :crying1:

Reveal hidden contents

Isn't this thing crazy? Their show in the Maracaná

CHILE. You sing the La Usurpadora theme song and that's the part you remember? But the chorus tho.

La usurpadora!!!!!!!!!! Esperando por tu amor~ La usurpadora!!!!!!!!! Me haces dano corazon~ Descubreme.... recuerdame.... Laaaaaa usuuur.. padooraaaa....... yooooo~

*Paola goes to the window*

*whisper* la usurpadora

I.CO.NIC. :gobaby:

I don't know why you don't know La Viuda De Blanco. But you should've seen it!!! Ughhhhhhh... it was so good. It was about Alicia. She's the widow. She has twins. And it has elements of La Usurpadora. I saw them both probably within the same year. These were during the times where I was more into tragic stories that turn to revenge. And then i just spiraled into caring more about the men than the story because of El Cuerpo Del Deseo. And I'm 31 btw. :bcutelaugh:

• Love 1

I study Fashion Design. Yesterday, my lecturer came in and announced that the institute will be shut until further notice. The class was asked to do everything we can to work on our own graduate collection at home (which is really unfortunate for those who don't have a sewing machine at home), and to prepare as much as we can for the Graded Unit, which then our final grade is decided on. Uncertainty has tainted everything. The Fashion show. Further education etc. It's a very tragic time for everyone. 

I live in Scotland, the prime minister of the UK will apparently announce a 15 day lockdown which will commence on Friday (apparently). In preparation I've just been trying to focus on eating as healthy as I can, plan exercising at home (all gyms are shut). Watch some more Britney performances. I've recently started watching 2013 POM and I'm amazed at how fluid she was! The place I work at have taken the three shifts I had off me for the weekend. I don't know what I'm gonna do with myself! Probably try and recreate POM like I used to all those years ago. Lol. :decisions:

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, reecexna said:

I study Fashion Design. Yesterday, my lecturer came in and announced that the institute will be shut until further notice. The class was asked to do everything we can to work on our own graduate collection at home (which is really unfortunate for those who don't have a sewing machine at home), and to prepare as much as we can for the Graded Unit, which then our final grade is decided on. Uncertainty has tainted everything. The Fashion show. Further education etc. It's a very tragic time for everyone. 

I live in Scotland, the prime minister of the UK will apparently announce a 15 day lockdown which will commence on Friday (apparently). In preparation I've just been trying to focus on eating as healthy as I can, plan exercising at home (all gyms are shut). Watch some more Britney performances. I've recently started watching 2013 POM and I'm amazed at how fluid she was! The place I work at have taken the three shifts I had off me for the weekend. I don't know what I'm gonna do with myself! Probably try and recreate POM like I used to all those years ago. Lol. :decisions:

Sending you love and light @reecexna ! 💞🌟

Know that we are all in this together and we will all get through this. We just have to hold on tite.

Also, welcome to Exhale!

happy pokemon GIF

Come for the self-quarantine entertainment, stay for the community!

• Love 1

i am on vacation from work so i don't go there.  but as from i heard my company sent a lot of ppl to work from home. it's possible i am going to work  from home too.  a lot of ppl with masks and disposable gloves everythere. some ppl buy too much food and paper so there r queues in shops. students of universities r supposed to study from home but i saw a lot of them on the streets. i guess they just don't care. schools r not closed but it's up to parent to decide if they  want to bring a child to school or he will stay at home. it's also depends on whether parents r working from home or they have to go to work.  it's only 1 person right now with corona hospitalized in my city-came from France and was isolated right away.  at least they say so...but i don't want to panic anyway.

@THE BAJAN VIBE  @Arckangel sois españolas? estáis hablando sobre telenovelas  con @PokemonSpears y @Roxxy  en un foro americano mientras estamos a punto de morir, el surrealismo de la cuarentena ...me meo.

La usurpadora es demasiado iconica...
@THE BAJAN VIBE @Arckangel you are spanish? it can't be and you are talking about soap operas with @PokemonSpears and @Roxxy  in an American forum while we are close to dying, the surrealism of the quarantine...LOL.
La usurpadora it's too iconic...
Cuídaros!
Take care!

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Winter _90 said:

@THE BAJAN VIBE @Arckangel you are spanish? it can't be and you are talking about soap operas with @PokemonSpears and @Roxxy  in an American forum while we are close to dying, the surrealism of the quarantine...LOL.
La usurpadora it's too iconic...
Cuídaros!
Take care!

The way that I laughed after reading this. XD

La Usurpadora is too iconic and can never be topped. Only Rubi can match her. My two evil queens. Your faves could never. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block