How are you dealing with Coronavirus?

Slayer

I'm so over it. I believe the media is hyping it to be worse than it really is. If everyone just takes the necessary precautions that the CDC tells us to follow, we should be okay.

Also, the young and healthy are gonna be okay, so why are they the ones panicking? Yes, they could infect an elderly but then that takes you back to what I said above, follow the necessary precautions. Stay away from the elderly for a while. Keep away from large gatherings. Just isolate yourself for 2 weeks. Clean, sanitize, disinfect surfaces BEFORE and AFTER you touch them. 

• Like 5

I bought out all the antibacterial soap, all the toilet paper, all the sanitizer, all the can food and all the water. So now I'm immune to it. 

In all realness Im so sick of everyone in my county acting like its the zombie apocalypse and they are buying everything. I had to go to 4 stores to finally find toilet paper. The lines are crazy long. Food is running out. 

I'm being mindful. Washing my hands as usual. Hand sanitizer if I'm in public. Avoiding touching my face. Keeping a distance from others and no longer go out to restaurants or bars. Been binging Euphoria. I think if you mindful and aware of your surroundings, you should be fine, but then again where I live the outbreak level is very low. So I'm sure someone living in NYC would have a different experience.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

I was around a lot of people yesterday and now I am worried to go visit my parents. :byesmoke:

Super over this. 

Honestly, it wouldn't hurt to avoid seeing them for 2 weeks just to be safe. You don't wanna risk anything. I'm doing the same wirh my grandparents. I see them every weekend but I told them I wanna make sure they're safe from me so I'll avoid seeing them for like 3 weeks. They totally understand. Hey, FaceTime is still an option that I'll take. Better than nothing. 

1 minute ago, Born2Die said:

I'm sure someone living in NYC would have a different experience.

I'm from NYC and half are acting as though it's the end of the world while the other half are over it. 

I'm the latter. Majority of us are doing as you said. Wash your hands, sanitize everything, keep your distance from ppl and large gatherings, and avoid touching your face. Just the simple things make a huge difference. 

Then you have those like my coworker who's panicking over nothing, not going anywhere cuz she's so afraid of catching something, buying a ton of food that will last her for 3 months. And I'm like "Do you wanna live in a bubble for the rest of your life? Get outside and expose your body so your immune system can get stronger and fight this! You're 37, not 77. Your body can fight this!" 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, nerdygeekgrl said:

I'm from NYC and half are acting as though it's the end of the world while the other half are over it. 

I'm the latter. Majority of us are doing as you said. Wash your hands, sanitize everything, keep your distance from ppl and large gatherings, and avoid touching your face. Just the simple things make a huge difference. 

Then you have those like my coworker who's panicking over nothing, not going anywhere cuz she's so afraid of catching something, buying a ton of food that will last her for 3 months. And I'm like "Do you wanna live in a bubble for the rest of your life? Get outside and expose your body so your immune system can get stronger and fight this! You're 37, not 77. Your body can fight this!" 

Do you/ will you continue to go out to bars and clubs? Im not gonna lie, i go out to stores when need be but I'm paranoid about even going to the movies. I was supposed to take my nieces to see Onward, but I postponed it. Idk what to think in terms of the outbreaks longevity. Like I don't mind putting my social life on hold for a month or two after that I think I'd go a bit mad.

Self-quarantine, but also the capital is on lockdown.

It's just me and my dog, Barbie, living in my house. My Mom and sister live together in our main house, 2 hrs away from where I live, and they're safe and I know they won't run out of food and supplies because that house is stacked. I'm the only one here living on ramen and gummies and cookies and ice cream and easy-to-cook food cause I always eat outside or order take out but now I can't do that so yeah. Yesterday I bought supplies good for 2 months cause I got scared to run out of food and supplies in case this turns into an apocalypse or whatever. Netflix and all other flixes are ready cause TV stations are closed and are only airing replays and the news. So I have You S2 and catching up on Stranger Things S2 - present. I'm actually living for this because now I have time to watch everything on my watchlist. :mhm:

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Born2Die said:

Do you/ will you continue to go out to bars and clubs? Im not gonna lie, i go out to stores when need be but I'm paranoid about even going to the movies. I was supposed to take my nieces to see Onward, but I postponed it. Idk what to think in terms of the outbreaks longevity. Like I don't mind putting my social life on hold for a month or two after that I think I'd go a bit mad.

Well I hardly go out anyway haha. But I'm going out Fri after work (4pm) to a pool hall to shoot pool with friends. Usually around 4 it's pretty dead so it's not like there will be a big crowd of people. We will be fine. Just take the same precautions. Two backed out because of this, but I'm not gonna force them to come if they're gonna be afraid. Everyone else said they're coming and just gonna do what they have to in order to stay safe. 

I've gone to the stores but only if I needed to get something. Usually I'm in and out without wasting time. Movie theaters I never do cuz I can watch them at home for free hehe. 

I just gotta go on with life and take it 1 day at a time. Just, this time, I have to be a little extra careful. 

Self-quarantine here as well... I might go for a little shopping tomorrow because I'm afraid I'm gonna run out of food...and I don't really want to go out much next week cause I feel like there'll be more and more infected people out there. Maybe it's not very dangerous in my country because a lot of places are closed such as restaurants, clubs, theaters... but I'm doing my best to stay home 100% and if I go out, it's just the nearest supermarket.

I'm fine, trying to keep calm and busy, cause you know it's not the best to sit down and do nothing in such a situation. I wish there was more happening here on exhale though, where are y'all, sisters? :snooptoya:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods

Yeah everyone is acting like it’s the walking dead and stocking up, even my mom is buying into the hype, like mom we have soap at home it’s the same thing as hand sanitizer and **** the people taking advantage of this and intentionally profiting off this madness by buying up all stock so they can charge a premium because they can. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I’m tired of crazy people buying like 27 multipacks of toilet paper each.... it doesn’t leave any for those who do regular shopping and will need some. My grandparents were telling me the other day that they’ll need toilet paper soon and now they might have trouble getting some... I understand needing it but no one needs to buy sooo much that all the stores run out. In terms of jobs, I work at a school and it’s now closed until April. I’ll have almost a month off of work so.... I’m probably gonna be home and staying out of the craziness if I can.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block