How Do You Like To Stay Healthy?

i am trying to eat healthy. then it comes to meat i try to eat it less with more vegetables . in winters we skiing but this winter was so  warm   and snow was melting so we probably only did 5 times in whole 3 months. usually it is like every weekend. i also like swimming in a pool and i go to smth like pilates or yoga probably  once in a week or two.

I am having a hard time finding a balance right now. When I was in university I would follow a healthy diet, I would workout 5 times a week and I was stress free for the most part. I would lift, do some cardio and some yoga. As for the diet I follow the Mediterranean. :runga:

Forward to the present...First of all, I did change 3 jobs in two years beause the enviroment wasn't what I wanted it to be:rip:, so now I am in job no 3 and I think I am in the right place but it's a more demanding one and I am trying my best to keep pace:runga:. For that reason I am having some good days and some bad days and every effort I make to lower the food intake and workout is not consistent.:mae:

The good thing is that still eat home cooked food,  my energy levels are up and my job requires to move.

However, I am still putting the effort to maintain the motive to workout and create a routine. Maybe finding a place to live alone will help me.:duh:

Now to be more on topic, I love walking I think it's the best for me. As for weight lifting I do the basic ones, so I can target bigger muscle groups and save time.:duh: Pull ups and push ups are a must for me. I like some Sean Vigue power yoga videos on youtube and Sadie nardini with her 40 minutes 'YOGA FLOW FOR TOTAL BODY TONING AND TRANSFORMATION' really transformed my body, I mean I basically had no knees before this routine, my legs were like two bottles  :searching: What I love the most is going for a really long walk in a park and every now and then drop to the ground for like 10-20 push ups.:deadbanana:

I don't do much, luckily I have a "radar" :demi: inside so I always know what is wrong, I don't have to care about my weight also. I eat junk food sometimes but the radar always tells me when to stop. Also I like walks and dancing.

As for body care, I like to keep it as simple as I can. Lately I started using coffee, I mean the powder that remains from doing one and use it like a peeling and it does wonders to my face, which is now soft like a baby. :mcry:

• Like 1
  • Leader
4 hours ago, The Dream said:

I am having a hard time finding a balance right now. When I was in university I would follow a healthy diet, I would workout 5 times a week and I was stress free for the most part. I would lift, do some cardio and some yoga. As for the diet I follow the Mediterranean. :runga:

Forward to the present...First of all, I did change 3 jobs in two years beause the enviroment wasn't what I wanted it to be:rip:, so now I am in job no 3 and I think I am in the right place but it's a more demanding one and I am trying my best to keep pace:runga:. For that reason I am having some good days and some bad days and every effort I make to lower the food intake and workout is not consistent.:mae:

The good thing is that still eat home cooked food,  my energy levels are up and my job requires to move.

However, I am still putting the effort to maintain the motive to workout and create a routine. Maybe finding a place to live alone will help me.:duh:

Now to be more on topic, I love walking I think it's the best for me. As for weight lifting I do the basic ones, so I can target bigger muscle groups and save time.:duh: Pull ups and push ups are a must for me. I like some Sean Vigue power yoga videos on youtube and Sadie nardini with her 40 minutes 'YOGA FLOW FOR TOTAL BODY TONING AND TRANSFORMATION' really transformed my body, I mean I basically had no knees before this routine, my legs were like two bottles  :searching: What I love the most is going for a really long walk in a park and every now and then drop to the ground for like 10-20 push ups.:deadbanana:

Sounds like you’re dealing with a little more stress than you’d like. My advice would be to incorporate meditation.

just start with closing your eyes and attempting to clear your thoughts for just 1 minute. Build up to 15 minutes over time. It will do wonders! 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, JordanMiller said:

What about a row machine? Will your knee hurt on that?

I've never tried one of those before.  I will definitely check those out!  I have a small home gym I use now but would love to add something new to it.  Thanks for the suggestion:bigkiss:

12 hours ago, Born2Die said:

Do you follow a strict diet where you have to measure the amount of protein, carbs and fats? or do you just know your body and monitor your intake?

have ones for record keeping, never thought of sharing them on socials, but after Jordan's shameless dubsteb I'm in for the challenge

19 hours ago, JordanMiller said:

Just want to add my nutrition is pretty balanced for my body. A ratio of protein, carbs and fats. Nutrition is key to fitness. It’s actually the most important piece. I’m always trying to learn more!

Do you know a good way of figuring out the correct ratio of carbs/fats/protein for your body? 

I just try to eat chicken, broccoli, beans, quinoa, and sugarless yogurt often but have no clue what I’m doing. :mhm:

• Like 1

At the moment I'm trying to lose some weight following a low carb diet (pretty much eating just vegetables and fish at the time). I gained weight last year while  I was working on my masters thesis, those long working nights and stressful last minute changes got me eating junk food as Blackoutney during 2007

200.gif.

My current work out rutine includes running 5 km - 3 days a week and I am also about to incorporate swimming (back in the days I used to swim 5 times a week). Altought don't know if being in a pool would be convenient with the whole COVID-19 situation.

Nice thread to keep the motivation up! :)

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Barajas said:

At the moment I'm trying to lose some weight following a low carb diet (pretty much eating just vegetables and fish at the time). I gained weight last year while  I was working on my masters thesis, those long working nights and stressful last minute changes got me eating junk food as Blackoutney during 2007

200.gif.

My current work out rutine includes running 5 km - 3 days a week and I am also about to incorporate swimming (back in the days I used to swim 5 times a week). Altought don't know if being in a pool would be convenient with the whole COVID-19 situation.

Nice thread to keep the motivation up! :)

Right now at my MAthesis. So got a lil fluffier. Used to go to the gym 5time per wekk . was down to 3. and now 0 cause of corona... :(

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • Leader

Circling back cause I just featured this topic! :clicktina:

I workout 6 x a week, get at least 8 hours sleep, listen to podcasts about life coaching (might become a life coach in a few years ngl), eat healthy (a planned combo of micro and macro-nutrients) and do my best to not stress about things I can't control (like the state of the world, Trump, peoples' opinions of me, things like that). 

• Like 2

I got in a habit of fasting one day a week, no booze, with 30 mins of elliptical on high resistance every day. I was down ten pounds.

then quarantine happened. lol

I got some workout dvds for at home - Jillian Michaels beginner shred (20 mins) and killer buns and thighs (30 mins) I also have a pilates dvd. they've helped keep my confidence up after I gained the weight that I lost back.

I hate long distance running so I often will do 'shuttle run tests' because I love that measurable goal of sprinting to the other side as fast as I can and trying to beat my last level. I do them in the grass because I get shin splints or sometimes I find a tennis court because they are roughly the same size as 20 metres long. I just play it off my phone. 

I get my 8 hours of sleep, drink a lot of water and I've been going on long walks at least twice a week as well. more so for mental health. 

In terms of diet, I eat pretty ****ty. I do my best to eat healthy during the week  - fruit for bfast, veggies for lunch, stir fry, salads etc. so I can go relax on the weekends. I also drink a lot. I try and stay sober maybe 4/5 months out of the year just to help save money and calories. but I take the summer off heheheheh. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block