BRITNEY JEAN ALBUM

mfanbs

Just need to get something off my chest

Many of you wont agree with me and down vote me

Britney said Britney Jean is her most personal album and all of you were laughing at it and didn't agree

But ***** let me serve you the tea

1 Alien - personal song about how she feels in the music industry or in life
2 Work ***** - fun song with pretty much good message
3 Perfume - personal song about her relationships with her man
4 It Should Be Easy (feat. will.i.am) - personal song about her thoughts about love
5 Tik Tik Boom (feat. T.I.) - fun song no deep meaning
6 Body Ache - fun song no deep meaning
7 Til It’s Gone - personal song about her relationship with her man (breakup)
8 Passenger - personal song about her relationship with her man
9 Chillin’ With You (feat. Jamie Lynn) - personal song about her relationship with her sister
10 Don’t Cry - personal song about her relationship with her boyfriend (breakup)
11 Brightest Morning Star - personal song about her relationship with her children
12 Hold On Tight - personal song about her relationship with her man (her insecurities)
13 Now That I Found You - personal song about her relationship with her man (new found love)
14 Perfume (The Dreaming Mix) - personal song about her relationship with her man (stripped back version)

Sure the album was not done as well as her previous ones and all the drama with the backing vocals and the producers and **** but the theme was right.

IT WAS HER MOST PERSONAL ALBUM

:bedtime:
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been saying this for so long :mcry:

I'll quote one of my posts from another thread:

As for Britney Jean, I can speak volumes and as some may know, I will defend the album till my body aches. Yes, the first thing that pops up is the Myah issue, but think about it this way, if Myah could sound remotely close to how Britney would sound, just assume it is Britney (as in the case of Work *****) and if Myah sounds very far from how Britney's voice goes, assume it's a collaboration (in Body Ache and some parts of Passenger) :yaknow: So for the sake of this answer, I am putting the Myah issue aside. :brityes:

Now as for the overall sound of the album, I'll be honest, some tracks make my ears bleed while some other tracks take me to a literal heaven :mcry: I feel like, the poorly constructed tracklist aside, the album has two extremes- one part with songs like Work B and ISBE and the other part with songs like Hold On Tight and Alien.

In Alien, she sings about how she feels lonely sometimes, a very personal topic that has never before been explored by Britney. The song has an other-worldly feel with the violin intro and the melody that follows. The pre chorus is excellently written and crafted. The chorus is very repetitive but still beautiful. The main weak point that is evident in other tracks too, is the absence of a Bridge. :gobaby:

Perfume had the potential to be a powerful piano ballad, but executes its job well in the will.i.am version nevertheless. Britney uses more of her deeper register and it is about Jason which makes the song even memorable. Again, no bridge :whatitellu: The song's potential is well expressed in this cover: https://youtu.be/uhVs_-xXpDI

Passenger has many flaws but still maintains consistency with the very powerful Chorus. The song is very poorly produced, another song with potential that was washed away by Will.i.am and Anthony Preston. Had Britney sung it, it would have been one of her best tracks to date :nochillbrit: Another very personal topic.

Chillin' With You is one of the most hated, yes, but very underrated too. The verses and pre chorus is bery beautiful but the chorus is where the issue starts :decisions: Still the "Everyday Everyday..." bridge is s really good. :makesomenoise: You just gotta sing along! And a song wth her sister is bound to be personal.

Don't Cry is very weak but yet serves its purpose as a decent akbum track. Great vocals from Britney and that deserves appreciation. Could have been reworked more to not sound like a demo :ehum:

Brightest Morning Star is probably the song that could have been the best from the album but was ruined. The build up to the chorus is excellent and no other words could define it. The chorus hits hard and achieves what it set to. But then again, no bridge which is not forgivable :icant2: A very VERY personal song.

Hold On Tight is and will remain one of the best songs she's ever donw and ever will. Truly the most underrated song of Britney Spears. Everything about it is perfect and I would change nothing about it. Very well written and I love that Britney had a big part in the writing process. Arguably the best song of the album but was unfortunately pushed to the deluxe version. It's my second favourite Britney song ever, only after the legend Do You Wanna Come Over :scalped:

---------------------

The second side of the album starts with Work *****, an untouchable bop from her career and a better lead than Your Body. One could interpret the message as Personal. The bridge of the song is one of her best. :lollipop:

It Should Be Easy was better off as a buzz single outside of the album. Not my favourite track but it does what it needed to do :tiffhair: The vocal effect is annoying but different. Again, could be interpreted as Personal.

Tik Tik Boom is a decent track, there's not much to say about it other than ask who tf is T.I? :beynah:

Body Ache is an abomination to nature and deserves to be wiped off the face of the Earth. My least favourite sing from her. Thankfully she didn't sing much of it :ugh:

Till It's Gone is... well I don't know how to feel towards the song, whether I like it or hate it :ipass: Would have made a good single choice tho.

I won't go into detail about the Avicci song Now That I Found You. 2 verses and pre chorus repeating? :wtf:

---------------------

So...

To conclude, is Britney Jean a masterpiece that we expect from THE Britney Spears? NO.

Is Britney Jean an underrated album that had very big potential? A BIG YESSS! 

Half the album is very beautiful and fits the personal theme while the other haof feels very much rushed :britstare11: The Album isn't in my top 3 or anything, but the afore mentioned 1st extreme makes it a standing contender for a very good album :tbh: No matter what people say, it stands as her most personal album and an album that could have been her best had she put some effort into it

The personal aspect of the album would have been sold better if demos of the songs hadn’t been leaked and with subtle/no lyric changes with different vocalist. Or songs that were written with other artist in mind before given to Britney. 

I think BJ is just as personal as Oops, Circus and Femme Fatale. The only difference is they put her name as a writer for every song. They were lazy and couldn’t think of any other way to sale the album and knew they were going to focus on Vegas rather than promoting it. “Personal” should not be a theme. Personal is taking the time making sure that every lyric, vocal and song meaning represents who you are at that moment. 

Perfume, Brightest Morning Star and Alien are no more personal than Lonely, Everytime, Touch of My Hand, Piece of Me, Why Should I Be Sad, My Baby and none of those albums were considered personal, but are all clearly more personal than Britney Jean. 

lol, no.. the fake vocals and fake songwriting credits take away from the whole "personal" shtick so so SO much.. :unbothered: also, if we apply your logic then her first 2 albums are much more personal than "Britney Jean".. :juggingu:

on "Baby" only "Soda Pop" and "The Beast Goes On" are what you wouldn't classify as personal and on "Oops" literally every song is personal by your standards.. "most personal album" my ***.. :badthoughts:

25 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

The funny part is that this kind of analysis was actually made in here back then when it came out, believe it or not. It wasn't until it flopped and the Myah Marie accusations emerged that everybody turned against BJ.

Everyone tries to love their favorite singer's album when it comes out. That's how I was with Britney Jean. I really, really tried to like it and hoped it would grow on me. Some of it did. I don't think it's because it flopped that people hate on the album. You don't see nearly this kind of hate for Glory, which, comparatively, also flopped.

10 minutes ago, Psuedonym said:

Everyone tries to love their favorite singer's album when it comes out. That's how I was with Britney Jean. I really, really tried to like it and hoped it would grow on me. Some of it did. I don't think it's because it flopped that people hate on the album. You don't see nearly this kind of hate for Glory, which, comparatively, also flopped.

just because there wasn't any Myah accusations, but as soon as 2017 people already were calling it generic and basic.

If you see everybody is like, trashes Britney Jean, except this and that song. But those songs they save, are different for each person. And that's how it was back in the day, there were countless threads supporting each of the songs to be the next single. If it was so bad, I think we would all agree in the same "worthy" songs unanimously and **** on the rest. But I've always said the magic of BJ is that it appealed to different kind of tastes, the ones that prefer edm, the ones that prefer the ballads, even something a little bit more urban like Tik Tik Boom.

6 hours ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

As for Britney Jean, I can speak volumes and as some may know, I will defend the album till my body aches. Yes, the first thing that pops up is the Myah issue, but think about it this way, if Myah could sound remotely close to how Britney would sound, just assume it is Britney

I love this album as well. It's even in my top 5 of fave Bitney's album. I'm not concerned about the Myah controversy anymore, that's so 2013.. lol

I do think (and I said this in the album analysis that @ILikeChillinWithYou did) that they actually made some effort with the lyrics in this album, because as you said, there was a lot of personal songs. But I do think the album overall was not very consistent/cohesive and of course the rumours regarding Britney's vocals on it. The lyrics of Tik Tik Boom and Body Ache kinda bring the album down as well as neither song is personal, I mean it's fine I guess to have one non-personal song on a predominately personal album but idk, it just rubbed me the wrong way. I also don't think the lyrics to Chillin' With You were that great.

11 hours ago, Isla. said:

I do think (and I said this in the album analysis that @ILikeChillinWithYou did) that they actually made some effort with the lyrics in this album, because as you said, there was a lot of personal songs. But I do think the album overall was not very consistent/cohesive and of course the rumours regarding Britney's vocals on it. The lyrics of Tik Tik Boom and Body Ache kinda bring the album down as well as neither song is personal, I mean it's fine I guess to have one non-personal song on a predominately personal album but idk, it just rubbed me the wrong way. I also don't think the lyrics to Chillin' With You were that great.

But on the other side, Passenger, Alien, Hold On Tight etc are very good lyrically, maybe even better than some lyrics on Glory :yaknow: The unnecessary EDM took a lot away from what could have been excellent lyrics in the choruses of other songs

Archived