Hard to Forget Ya should of been the second single

Jack Spears

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

I have said it many times and will say it once again. HTFY has the best pre chorus of any song EVER. The verses are excellent too. But something about that chorus needed to be re-worked.:lessons:

yup, the chorus kills it for me but that pre-chorus is one of her best

4 hours ago, jordeezy said:

The song sucked from the jump

giphy.gif

SP sounds like a Fifth Harmony reject

I would had preferred:

1. Do You Wanna Come Over

2. Make Me

3. Change Your Mind

4. Mood Ring (International) / Man On The Moon or Love Me Down (US)

5 hours ago, ralphcornio said:

It's a good song but Slumber Party might just be the best commercial chance Glory had at the time. We just say it was 'wrong' because it flopped, even though it flopped for other reasons than sound (Tinasha I'm looking at you)

basically this. not to mention, it’s one of the weaker songs off the album. end thread.giphy.gif&key=4ef72a558650904e56e888b4a1

5 hours ago, pedrobarcelos said:

1st single - DYWCO 

2nd single - Change Your Mind feat. Maluma

3rd single - Slumber Party (solo)

Make Me - promo

giphy.gif&key=4ef72a558650904e56e888b4a1ada1633521472c04a3c737155ee49d0a93cccd

:pumped:

Yes to this but also part of me really wanted Mood Ring and Liar as single too. Okay i will admit i only want Liar for the possible subtle ********* shade (love the song, though).

22 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

giphy.gif

SP sounds like a Fifth Harmony reject

I would had preferred:

1. Do You Wanna Come Over

2. Make Me

3. Change Your Mind

4. Mood Ring (International) / Man On The Moon or Love Me Down (US)

It gives me so much hope to see a DYWCO supporter on here with all the hate that has been going around for the song on this thread:yesplease:

7 hours ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

I have said it many times and will say it once again. HTFY has the best pre chorus of any song EVER. The verses are excellent too. But something about that chorus needed to be re-worked.:lessons:

IMO, any song from Glory would have worked as second single. But the question is would Britney promote? Or will Vegas consume another gem? 

Slumber Party was perfect in all aspects. She even delivered a killer video which the GP would fall over, but all went down in flames the moment she refused AMAs.

No promotion = No hit. Britney it's not the 2000s anymore, you are not as popular as you used to be:beynah: Make Me was a top 20 because it was promoted well. Guess what could have happened if it had a killer video like SP too?

Glory is the album that got away and Charlie is the one that got away...

Charlie was a perfect match for her imo

1 hour ago, LostInAnImage said:

I honestly find the song painful to listen to, but I’m generally not brave and/or patient enough to voice this opinion here, because being simultaneously bombarded with 30+ notifications calling me a “flop fan” and demanding for my immediate IP ban is just too much crap to click through for something pertaining to my own subjective opinion (and obviously doesn’t change my mind in the slightest with regard to the song; it just makes me wonder why its most ardent fans are so damn crazy that they nearby go Beyhive/Little Monster level of psycho when someone else is not a fan of that which they love). 

I wouldn’t have a problem with it if it wasn’t for the army of screaming men in the chorus; it sounds TERRIBLE and reminds me of that screeching dude from Ariana’s “Focus” that received such terrible reviews they completely scrapped the direction of the album based upon its reception. 

Lmao you deffo SHOULD, exhale could surely use more reasonable users like you lately. YES WTF with the screaming man, weird af

2 hours ago, Fab britney said:

Tbh I think if I’m dancing would’ve done well :disappointed:

I agree. I think it was the most experimental of the album and would have been worth a shot at single material with a very colourful, choreographed music video. 

Shame it was left as a bonus track. But lbr, glory’s bonus tracks are better than the standard track list. 

2 minutes ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

But lbr, glory’s bonus tracks are better than the standard track list. 

:mhm: “Change Your Mind,” “Liar,” and “Mood Ring” alone are exponentially better than “What You Need,” “Hard To Forget Ya,” “Private Show,” etc. I really love the album but don’t agree with the choices for the standard tracklist. 

I do think MM and SP are great songs though, and in my opinion were definitely the correct single choices (most radio friendly by far; however, poorly timed promo, lack of radio deals and a terrible debut MV totally killed the era before it truly began).

However, I do also think SP should’ve been released with the original solo Britney version, despite Tinashe being great in the MV. 

4 minutes ago, Dollanganger said:

Thank goodness Exhale is not in charge of single choices. What terrible taste.

Remember people hopeful that by collaborating with Tinashe, the video would have an epic choreo/dance break.

Now she's a waste huh, Exhale? :tiffcackle:

I mean, I get your point but are you suggesting Team Britney are doing better? :ineedthetruth:

Archived