Hard to Forget Ya should of been the second single

Jack Spears

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have said it many times and will say it once again. HTFY has the best pre chorus of any song EVER. The verses are excellent too. But something about that chorus needed to be re-worked.:lessons:

IMO, any song from Glory would have worked as second single. But the question is would Britney promote? Or will Vegas consume another gem? 

Slumber Party was perfect in all aspects. She even delivered a killer video which the GP would fall over, but all went down in flames the moment she refused AMAs.

No promotion = No hit. Britney it's not the 2000s anymore, you are not as popular as you used to be:beynah: Make Me was a top 20 because it was promoted well. Guess what could have happened if it had a killer video like SP too?

Glory is the album that got away and Charlie is the one that got away...

Just now, DayvinDazone said:

Thank you.

I don't mind Tinasha, I actually like the collab, but she's about as interesting as a rag laying on the street.

I'm so sick and tired of current pop stars who are perfect and have everything going for them to the point where it all just falls FLAT because their perfection puts people to sleep. This current state of pop music is cursed with a never-ending army Arianas, Tinashas and Rita Ora and I'm not here for it.

I grew up during a time when Britney slayed the charts along with Janet Jackson, Mariah and many other greats. Can't relate. :explainlol:

Tinasha :orangu:

4 minutes ago, DayvinDazone said:

Thank you.

I don't mind Tinasha, I actually like the collab, but she's about as interesting as a rag laying on the street.

I'm so sick and tired of current pop stars who are perfect and have everything going for them to the point where it all just falls FLAT because their perfection puts people to sleep. This current state of pop music is cursed with a never-ending army of Arianas, Tinashas and Rita Oras and I'm not here for it. Do they create bops? Yes. Are they memorable & part of pop culture? NO.

I grew up during a time when Britney slayed the charts along with Janet Jackson, Mariah and many other greats. Can't relate. :explainlol:

This is the thing. No one minds Tunasha. Britney should collab with singers that would actually get her visibility, like Ariana for example (although I agree with what you said about the army of them).

7 minutes ago, pedrobarcelos said:

1st single - DYWCO 

2nd single - Change Your Mind feat. Maluma

3rd single - Slumber Party (solo)

Make Me - promo

giphy.gif&key=4ef72a558650904e56e888b4a1ada1633521472c04a3c737155ee49d0a93cccd

I agree, but MM should be 2nd (CYM 3rd/SB 4th). If it was a promo, then no one would’ve heard it. (Maybe CYM 4th, it should’ve been a 2017 summer anthem)

I’m a perfect world it would have gone like this:

1. Slumber Party ft Rihanna (perform at VMAs together)

2. Make Me ft G Eazy (perform at AMAs)

3. Love Me Down

4. Change Your Mind (maybe a remix for spring/summer) 

5. (We will never get a 5th single again) Just Luv Me or Better

I do LOVE HTFY though, I just don’t know about it being a single. Maybe if it had a killer video and was released during the summer. 

4 hours ago, pedrobarcelos said:

1st single - DYWCO 

2nd single - Change Your Mind feat. Maluma

3rd single - Slumber Party (solo)

Make Me - promo

giphy.gif&key=4ef72a558650904e56e888b4a1ada1633521472c04a3c737155ee49d0a93cccd

"Don't get me wrong, i appreciate ya (te quiero...)

Don't get me wrong, i really do (por favor...)

Don't get me wrong but i'm tired of waiting (estoy cansado...)"

What a fantastic duet. :selenerz:

5 hours ago, ralphcornio said:

DYWCO sounds like a unfinished demo it'd never be successful I cannot with you gays :cackling:

I honestly find the song painful to listen to, but I’m generally not brave and/or patient enough to voice this opinion here, because being simultaneously bombarded with 30+ notifications calling me a “flop fan” and demanding for my immediate IP ban is just too much crap to click through for something pertaining to my own subjective opinion (and obviously doesn’t change my mind in the slightest with regard to the song; it just makes me wonder why its most ardent fans are so damn crazy that they nearly go Beyhive/Little Monster level of psycho when someone else is not a fan of that which they love). 

I wouldn’t have a problem with it if it wasn’t for the army of screaming men in the chorus; it sounds TERRIBLE and reminds me of that screeching dude from Ariana’s “Focus” that received such terrible reviews they completely scrapped the direction of the album based upon its reception. 

Archived