Hard to Forget Ya should of been the second single

Jack Spears

4 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

:mhm: “Change Your Mind,” “Liar,” and “Mood Ring” alone are exponentially better than “What You Need,” “Hard To Forget Ya,” “Private Show,” etc. I really love the album but don’t agree with the choices for the standard tracklist. 

I do think MM and SP are great songs though, and in my opinion were definitely the correct single choices (most radio friendly by far; however, poorly timed promo, lack of radio deals and a terrible debut MV totally killed the era before it truly began).

However, I do also think SP should’ve been released with the original solo Britney version, despite Tinashe being great in the MV. 

That’s how I feel too. If they’d left a few things out and just delivered a properly solid 12 track list, it would truely be up there with Blackout and ITZ as her best and most cohesive work. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

Not to mention that during the “live” performances, Britney always lip-synchs along to the men’s part. :haha: It’s just a mess. 

But that is just her following the song. She thinks we think she is singing her part and miming to the background voices, it helps in keeping up with the song. Like for example, in Slumber Party performances she lip syncs to Tinashe's part sometimes. It makes the show realistic.

When I bop out to the best song on the album, DYWCO, I follow through both Britney's and the background voices too. It's just bing in the moment, enjoying the song.

And also, the men's shouting part in the song is actually what makes DYWCO different from any other average song. Hence why it was the only song from Glory that made the list of 100 greatest songs of 2016 according to Rolling Stones.

1 hour ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

But that is just her following the song. She thinks we think she is singing her part and miming to the background voices, it helps in keeping up with the song. Like for example, in Slumber Party performances she lip syncs to Tinashe's part sometimes. It makes the show realistic.

When I bop out to the best song on the album, DYWCO, I follow through both Britney's and the background voices too. It's just bing in the moment, enjoying the song.

And also, the men's shouting part in the song is actually what makes DYWCO different from any other average song. Hence why it was the only song from Glory that made the list of 100 greatest songs of 2016 according to Rolling Stones.

“Clumsy" was ranked at number 34 on Rolling Stone’s "50 Best Songs of 2016" list:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/50-best-songs-of-2016-121196/britney-spears-clumsy-107238/

:jj:

Spoiler

I’m fully aware DYWCO is a fan favorite though; I know my opinion is in the minority here! But to each their own; there’s no accounting for taste.  :) 

8 minutes ago, Gandiiminogue said:

Hey this is my first post! While I agree that hard to forget ya should have been the second single I just can’t stop listening to just luv me. It’s just so raw and her vocals are the best in an album since ITZ

Welcome! Word of advice: don’t take any downvotes or bitchy comments personally; it’s how most people here show affection.

Spoiler

At least, that’s what I tell myself. :tehe:

I like HTFY as an album song, but I'm not sure about it working as a single.

Slumber Party didn't flop because it was a bad song or had a bad video, it was mostly Britney not promoting it at all and just doing like three very lowkey performances with Tinashe, who isn't really relevant herself (don't come for me, I actually like her). Honestly, I'm more mad at her for not releasing one of the freshest songs she has released in a long time, which is Change Your Mind. It''s catchy, sounds like the **** Britney we've always loved, and I can't keep imagining how amazing the choreo and possible music video would have been. With the right promo and maybe a latino feature (Ozuna, Maluma, J Balvin, etc.), it had potential to be a top 10 hit, no doubt.

Archived