Why was everything POM related so cheap?

ralphcornio

3 hours ago, LEMONADEGLORY said:

Are you f**king dumb? Britney couldn't even breathe when she used to sing live... her vocals were shaky and now you don't even know how she sounds because her mic is always off. Yes, Britney has memorable performances: Her last one was 12 years ago (VMAs 07) and it wasn't memorable because of good things. All of her memorable performances were prior the breakdown. Not even the BBMA 2016 performance is memorable.

You really are stupid and delusional. As I said before: Take your head out of your *** so you can get in touch with reality.

I'm sorry sir, but I have to politely disagree with you. BBMA 2016 is only iconic because Britney's dancing, attitude, fire in the eyes and persona lighted it up. You could take away the intro props, womanizer's light sticks, all the fireworks and the guitar, and still it would have been the best performance of the night. I'd say it's on the top 3 performances of her career, considering how far into it and after what she was able to deliver it. Do NOT come for BBMA2016jesusney :dontlike:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Britney been there, done it and seen it all and  did it better.

Taylor Swift has had more successful eras in the short amount of time in the business than Britney Spears has had in the last 20 years she’s been in the business. You’re absolutely delusional to think that. 

The only thing Britney has over Taylor is 1999-2003 but that’s 4 (amazing) years in the 20 year run. 

Taylor has literally been consistent and or improved her craft from 2008 to now. That’s 11 years of great eras and amazing radio play. Britney cannot on any level have the success Taylor has had regardless of whether you hate her or not. She’s far more successful and richer than Britney.

3 minutes ago, ralphcornio said:

I'm sorry sir, but I have to politely disagree with you. BBMA 2016 is only iconic because Britney's dancing, attitude, fire in the eyes and persona lighted it up. You could take away the intro props, womanizer's light sticks, all the fireworks and the guitar, and still it would have been the best performance of the night. I'd say it's on the top 3 performances of her career, considering how far into it and after what she was able to deliver it. Do NOT come for BBMA2016jesusney :dontlike:

I legit Stan that performance. It was the only time I’ve seen her somewhat even be close to primeney. 

17 minutes ago, ralphcornio said:

I'd say it's on the top 3 performances of her career, considering how far into it and after what she was able to deliver it. Do NOT come for BBMA2016jesusney :dontlike:

:orangu::orangu::orangu::tifflmao::tifflmao:

She was a nervous wreck until ILRR started! And the choreographies were not even that good.

Please, go watch any 1999-2004 performance and you'll see that BBMAs is not even close to Primney's worst performance :mj:

59 minutes ago, ralphcornio said:

Ummm, if you compared that to her REALLY memorable performances BBMA2016 aint that memorable. it was a very good performance... for current Britney’s skills but she was still nervous for the first two songs of the medley. I’m not saying it was bad but it definitely is not one of her top performances.

1 hour ago, Cappycorn87 said:

It never matter where the memorable performances comes from

She has memorable performances that folks still remember to this day and much more years to come.

Where are Taylor memorable performances?

We’re not talking about the place the performances come... we’re talking about the time that memorable Britney performances come from... which are from at least 15 years ago.

You’re dumb and blind and I’m sick of your delusion. 

1 hour ago, Cappycorn87 said:

You call that mess dancing

She has no rhythm whatsoever 

Britney shows were never heavy on production because she doesn't need it like that.

All of her tours have relied on heavy production... even more at TCSBS. The fact that she used to be an amazing dancer during her prime made everything look even better but since 2009 everything relies on production to hide the fact that she is not singing/dancing/playing instruments.

Even if it was true that she has done it all, seen this, done that and “better” if she actually cared about her career she would keep pushing her work ethic but she’s lazy for a whole decade now.

I don’t know why it is so hard for you understand...

Serious question for you, Caprisun: Do you really think that 2018ney performance skills are the same as 2000-2004ney?

10 hours ago, naturalplayboy said:

I saw the show 4 times in Vegas and once when she came to NYC.

Piece of me in Vegas for the most part was good because of all the props and having the Britney chips and flowers fall on you during different parts of the show. It was a full experience Also the costumes during the first few years were decent. You can tell thought was put into it. In terms of Vegas, my least favorite experience was in 2017 but 2014, 2015, and 2016 (the best) were all good.

but we can’t deny that the tour was such a terrible mess and was a money grab. I paid more to see her in NYC and I felt like it wasn’t worth it. The costumes during the tour were just sloppy and messy. I get skimping out on bringing props on the road but there’s really no excuse for Britney to look so bad. Like she can have a crap stage but why does the star herself look like a cheap mess. It doesn’t take much to carry a little bag with hair and makeup products and some decent costumes.

I agree about the POM tour :bedtime: hopefully this hiatus will bring good things

11 hours ago, ralphcornio said:

No at you coming for Dream Within a Jesus....

I'm not even a POM hater you know...I usually praise most of it, as I said it was, during various phases, better than TCS and FFT, and that's why I get sad when I see some aspects of it were cheapened down.

I saw the DWAD tour live but I think most of the users here, sometimes including myself glorify a lot of things in the past. Hopefully good things will come out of this break

Residencies tend to be cheaper in production.  I've been to POM, BSB, J.Lo, and Celine's, and the productions were pretty cheap compared to their tours. Based on the Gaga clips I've seen too, it's the same case.  Being cheap is not always a bad thing, the best designers know how to be creative and work with a cheap budget, but that definitely wasn't seen here lol.

I'm guessing budget is tighter when you're restricted to ONE location and limited to a certain audience (you're not getting a large global audience every night like you do on a tour, but instead just getting passerbys in Vegas, drunk people, and fans who traveled there).  It's also costly because the building is reserving that stage for a long period of time for that artist, preventing them from making money from other acts performing there.  I really don't see any benefit for doing a residency there, except for saving on flying tons of people and moving and setting up expensive set pieces every night.  But I'm sure artists make lots more money during tours.  Residencies are good when the artist doesn't want to travel (Britney loves to travel and perform, but she sacrifices that for her kids I believe).

Say Britney continues with her career, I really think Pom has done major damage to her career. Even if it did good at the time I truly think most general fans will not go see another show because of how they handled Pom. 

All their bad choices have come with negative  consequences if you look at them. Some ppl just don’t like to accept that what Britney and her team have delivered this decade is not okay. It’s unacceptable. 

For the record I saw her last three shows live and the detoriation is so huge it’s shocking. From high budget (Circus) to cheap and Britney giving very inconsistent performances. 

2 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

Say Britney continues with her career, I really think Pom has done major damage to her career. Even if it did good at the time I truly think most general fans will not go see another show because of how they handled Pom. 

All their bad choices have come with negative  consequences if you look at them. Some ppl just don’t like to accept that what Britney and her team have delivered this decade is not okay. It’s unacceptable. 

For the record I saw her last three shows live and the detoriation is so huge it’s shocking. From high budget (Circus) to cheap and Britney giving very inconsistent performances. 

Maybe the decline in high budget has to do with Jive folding and her going to RCA.

I do think POM has done damage but I do think she can make a real comeback but not without big changes.  If she wants to do Vegas again, she needs to perform at nightclubs first-a la In the Zone & Out All Night- and start performing pre-2007 levels of choreography/live singing.  Period.  She has no choice.  

The decline in production values should elevate the level of individual performance capacity.

I honestly think it was all Britney. She likes simple things and just being on stage having fun with the dancers. 

I absolutely liked POM, both the residency and the tour. I like how it was simple. It was about her and her music, not being blown away by visuals and stages and special effects. 

I was at the European summer tour and it reminded me of the M+M's tour she did. Very basic, but she lit up the stage.

I actually like the PoM Vegas Version, all the versione from 2013 to 2017, but the tour is completely a mess!

They can almost put in the ILRAR guitar or the Work ***** entrance prop for example; ok if the three is impossible to moved, but the guitar is in tour with femme fatale, and the prop for Work ***** it's transferred from Axis to Mgm grand garden for the BBMA's one time.

When i look the first time to the Park Theatre, i think it's not fit for Britney; it have more seats (not really bcs The Axis can put 7.000 of people if they open balcony, they do it for BSB) but is more small.

If they want to do another residency, they have to copy a little bit the Celine Team works: she have residency from 2004 to 2007, then she released a new album and go on tour, after this in 2011 she have the new residency, and Larry what do in the britney situation?

Stop PoM in 2017, Tour on 2018 with no new projects, no new songs and only 2 new songs with no revamped show, and then brand new Residency after 14 months than the end of the first: what's wrong with you Larry? :squintney:

Archived