According to a reliable insider, Normani's next single 'Candy Paint' will be released next friday 05/31 and will be 2:50 long with a music video directed by Petra Collins.

Why didn’t she release this as the lead single when everybody was waiting for it….

Her strategy is BAD. 1:59 flopped HARD and didn’t even land on the Bubbling Under. She had enough time to film visuals and have an amazing rollout but she’s given us close to nothing.

3 hours ago, 2K16NEY said:

Why didn’t she release this as the lead single when everybody was waiting for it….

Her strategy is BAD. 1:59 flopped HARD and didn’t even land on the Bubbling Under. She had enough time to film visuals and have an amazing rollout but she’s given us close to nothing.

I’m still shocked she chose 1:59 as her first single after all that time! It’s not bad but it’s boring af.

Didn’t the song leak awhile ago? What a messy roll out her debut has been. :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

Sucks because I really want to see her win, but everything has been messy. I hope they have been filming a documentary of all this from Motivation to now, and it’ll air on MTV or something cuz I know it’s a lot dealing with big record labels and how they prioritize some artists over others, and if that’s the case- show the fans that. Cuz from the outsiders perspective, it looks like she’s too lazy to promote or thinks she’s as big as Beyonce who doesn’t need to promote, and that if it’s not a successful overnight, she goes back into hiding waits another year to release something. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, 2K16NEY said:

Her strategy is BAD

Your making it sound like she has a choice. Like Britney and the other girls in 1999

She's just the face of the product they're trying to push out. She has no say whatsoever. She was desperate to get some music out so she's basically doing whatever they tell her to do. 

Most artists don't have a choice. 

35 minutes ago, AII said:

Your making it sound like she has a choice. Like Britney and the other girls in 1999

She's just the face of the product they're trying to push out. She has no say whatsoever. She was desperate to get some music out so she's basically doing whatever they tell her to do. 

Most artists don't have a choice. 

She literally just did an interview with a magazine where she said she was taking the time to make an album she was truly proud of. She says she is excited to release it. Then she released 1:59 with no official visuals and no promo. This is her debut album. She should be hustling and performing everywhere, singing everywhere, talking to her fans, etc. She does NOTHING. I feel like they are going to shelf her album before release because how in the world is that going to move any units at all is beyond me. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MikeHunt said:

Didn’t the song leak awhile ago? What a messy roll out her debut has been. :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

Sucks because I really want to see her win, but everything has been messy. I hope they have been filming a documentary of all this from Motivation to now, and it’ll air on MTV or something cuz I know it’s a lot dealing with big record labels and how they prioritize some artists over others, and if that’s the case- show the fans that. Cuz from the outsiders perspective, it looks like she’s too lazy to promote or thinks she’s as big as Beyonce who doesn’t need to promote, and that if it’s not a successful overnight, she goes back into hiding waits another year to release something. 

I read somewhere that both of her parents were dealing with cancer, so she had to focus on them. I can’t say I love or I’m a fan of hers because, at the end of the day, we don’t know her… If I were her or her label, I would have released something right after ‘Wild Side.’ I loved that song so much… 😭 but, you know, time passed by, and SZA kind of filled that spot.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Style. said:

I read somewhere that both of her parents were dealing with cancer, so she had to focus on them. I can’t say I love or I’m a fan of hers because, at the end of the day, we don’t know her… If I were her or her label, I would have released something right after ‘Wild Side.’ I loved that song so much… 😭 but, you know, time passed by, and SZA kind of filled that spot.

That’s really sad. I knew her mom had cancer I think before her 5H days but I kinda gave up on following her career when all she was giving was IG photoshoots. I hope her parents are recovered. So scary!
My dad recently got diagnosed with cancer and I couldn’t imagine if both my parents were going through it. It’s not our right as fans to have any insight to how she was doing during that time but it’s such a real thing to have a loved one dealing with cancer, it would be nice to see how she dealt with it all. I know I rely on my one friend who went through a parent having it and it makes my experience not feel so lonely. She could potentially be that comfort and hope for others. Also would explain the hold up on her putting a pause on her career. But again it’s her personal experience and doesn’t need to share anything she doesn’t want to.

• Love 2
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

That’s really sad. I knew her mom had cancer I think before her 5H days but I kinda gave up on following her career when all she was giving was IG photoshoots. I hope her parents are recovered. So scary!
My dad recently got diagnosed with cancer and I couldn’t imagine if both my parents were going through it. It’s not our right as fans to have any insight to how she was doing during that time but it’s such a real thing to have a loved one dealing with cancer, it would be nice to see how she dealt with it all. I know I rely on my one friend who went through a parent having it and it makes my experience not feel so lonely. She could potentially be that comfort and hope for others. Also would explain the hold up on her putting a pause on her career. But again it’s her personal experience and doesn’t need to share anything she doesn’t want to.

I’m praying for your dad’s speedy recovery, to be honest. It’s such a terrible disease, and whenever I hear about it, I try to blur my mind and forget about it because, let’s say, many members of my relatives are familiar with it.🙏🏼

As for Normani, yes, you’re right. I also don’t see her as the type of pop star who wants to be in your face, and besides, she has signed with a ****ty label. They should have released material or features because I’m sure people would have loved to collaborate with her.

I love R&B, so I’m here for her anyway.

Edited by Style.
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, 2K16NEY said:

She literally just did an interview with a magazine where she said she was taking the time to make an album she was truly proud of

Of course she said that. She would never dare say the truth, which is that the label is delaying everything and pushing her in a particular direction against her own wishes. She's probably contracted to them Jojo style and cannot get out easily. 

The moment you bad mouth the label... They will drag this out forever 

17 hours ago, Style. said:

I’m praying for your dad’s speedy recovery, to be honest. It’s such a terrible disease, and whenever I hear about it, I try to blur my mind and forget about it because, let’s say, many members of my relatives are familiar with it.🙏🏼

As for Normani, yes, you’re right. I also don’t see her as the type of pop star who wants to be in your face, and besides, she has signed with a ****ty label. They should have released material or features because I’m sure people would have loved to collaborate with her.

I love R&B, so I’m here for her anyway.

Thank you for the well wishes for my dad! Were very hopeful here too :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block