Selena Gomez wins 'Best Actress' at Cannes Film Festival

Posted (edited)

Over the weekend, Jacques Audiard’s musical crime comedy film Emilia Pérez premiered at the Cannes Film Festival. Selena Gomez, who starred in the Spanish movie, was awarded Best Actress for her role as a dr*g lord’s wife, along with her castmates Karla Sofia Gascón, Zoe Saldña, and Adriana Paz.

Check the trailer out:

WWW.STEREOGUM.COM

Over the weekend, Jacques Audiard’s musical crime comedy film Emilia Pérez premiered at the Cannes Film Festival. Selena Gomez, who starred in the Spanish movie, was awarded Best Actress for her role as a dr*g lord’s wife...

Edited by Fita
  • Love 1
Posted (edited)

Wait so all those women won Best Actress or they’re saying Selena won it, but the other women are in the film as well? 

Edit** I just googled and yes all four women won Best Actress. So weird that every other category one individual was awarded but this film all the women won for lead actress. Interesting… and I wonder if the whole thing is in Spanish. Selena barely speaks it; it must have been a challenge to act in a language you don’t fully understand. 

Edited by MikeHunt
  • Like 3
19 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

Wait so all those women won Best Actress or they’re saying Selena won it, but the other women are in the film as well

You're right. I just saw here. 

Palme d’Or: “Anora”

Grand Prix: “All We Imagine as Light”

Jury Prize: “Emilia Pérez”

Special Prize (Prix Spécial): “The Seed of the Sacred Fig,” Mohammed Rasoulof

Best Actress: The Ensemble of “Emilia Pérez”

Best Actor: Jesse Plemons, “Kinds of Kindness”

Best Director: Miguel Gomes, “Grand Tour”

Best Screenplay: “The Substance,” Coralie Fargeat

Camera d’Or: “Armand,” Halfdan Ullman Tondel

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block