What really happened with the divorce and Sam?

To this day it confuses me. When the news came out last year we got all these different stories about Sam wanting to blackmail her and contest the prenup, Britney thinking he was teaming up with Jamie, them allegedly having “explosive” fights, etc. etc. :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black: looking back at all of those headlines I think they were all made up **** and we’ll never know the true reason they broke up unless Britney talks about it (maybe on a second book?). Sam didn’t contest the prenup, didn’t blackmail her and TMZ was just pretty much recycling headlines they made up in early 2023. Both Sam and Britney seem to look back at their marriage in a positive light. I don’t really like Sam after all that happened and I def think he was trying to build a career off of Britney, but the more I look back at their marriage the more I can’t help but think the media fed us a made up narrative and we ate it up. Whatever issues they had I think were much simpler than whatever the press was making it out to be. What do y’all think?

• Love 4
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, J45x said:

Well for starters she is like a decade older than him, second she carries a lot of trauma and that is always going to bring trouble.

I think he was too boring for her, after getting freed she got bored of the fit gym lifestyle and probably wanted to do more.

I think she married only because she could and then realized that it won't change how she feels in the inside and that she doesn't want to spend her life with him. Also she lost their baby and that can either break a couple or make them stronger.

As opposed to her terribly exciting lifestyle now he's gone?

I think they must have started to resent each other, Britney with Sam because he was so "together"

And Sam with Britney because she didn't appear to want to get better and help herself.

It was the end from there.

Edited by Mayenaise
  • Like 4
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Mayenaise said:

As opposed to her terribly exciting lifestyle now he's gone?

I think they must have stated to resent each other, Britney with Sam because he was so "together"

And Sam with Britney because she didn't appear to want to get better and help herself.

It was the end from there.

I have followed her since her debut. She was never going to be happy with the fit gym lifestyle because that is not her!

She likes trouble and excitement which is why she always picks the wrong guys. 

Also Sam looks gay,  I know his 2 fans in here hate that idea. But he doesn't look like the rough masculine guys Britney loves to f around.

And I think he was snitch. 

He is free of her and free to grow his career yet  TMZ stopped doing his casual interviews, just a little suspicious. 

She is traveling constantly to resorts in exotic locations so yes! I do think her life is more thrilling and exciting than when she was with Sam. I was around 2007 so I have learned to not listen to all the lies spilled about her. 

If she was in such a terrible desperate condition as you the fans pretend. She will already be death or under another c-ship. The leeches of Team Con wouldn't just let her use dr**s and act maniac they would exploit and use it against her. Yet she is spinning in her living room and trying questionable fashion in resorts. 

Edited by J45x
  • Love 2
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, J45x said:

I have followed her since her debut. She was never going to be happy with the fit gym lifestyle because that is not her!

She likes trouble and excitement which is why she always picks the wrong guys. 

Also Sam looks gay,  I know his 2 fans in here hate that idea. But he doesn't look like the rough masculine guys Britney loves to f around.

And I think he was snitch. 

He is free of her and free to grow his career yet  TMZ stopped doing his casual interviews, just a little suspicious. 

I don't think it's fair to say she prefers "rough".

If you drill down deeper the rough type she prefers are just losers without jobs, usually married too...

Sam was driven and passionate. She must have resented that, and he must have resented her for not wanting to get better.

• Love 5
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)

We really don't know. But what comes to my mind is that Britney might has been in a different track than Sam. Britney was coming from a harsh conservatorship and a lot of abuses, was looking for her personal freedom. That comes with A LOT of emotions to deal with. And Sam is still achieving his career goals, Britney's not. There might have existed love between them but maybe they just wasn't clicking together, in sync anymore.

And maybe Britney did wanted to be single out of a conservatorship too.

Edited by Fita
  • Love 5
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, super.nova said:

their relationship only worked inside the conservatorship because Sam was an escape - once she was free it didn’t carry the same appeal.

Yeah, I mean, because they met when Britney was in the conservatorship. So when c-ship was over a lot have changed since then, and so the relationship too, perhaps...

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Mayenaise said:

I don't think it's fair to say she prefers "rough".

If you drill down deeper the rough type she prefers are just losers without jobs, usually married too...

Sam was driven and passionate. She must have resented that, and he must have resented her for not wanting to get better.

She like men rough around the edges that is what I'm referring too. She doesn't like well cut clean guys, the only one that fit that mold is JT and we all know how it turns out.

Do you know Sam??? Some of you fans of him sound a little pathetic. How do you know he is passionate? How do you know she resents him? 

This is are just fantasies sweetie and you are making yourself angry because of this delusions.

I think Sam was by far one the best bf she had but simply didn't work out and that is fine. You also are ignoring that they lost a child. That can break a couple. Do you hang out with people? Never a couple friend of yours broke up? 

• Love 5
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Fita said:

Yeah, I mean, because they met when Britney was in the conservatorship. So when c-ship was over a lot have changed since then, and so the relationship too, perhaps...

Britney needs to find herself again - I think she was used to being told who to be what to do since very early on, and all this freedom is hard to adapt to. she’ll be fine in due time.

Sam was part of her past and that relationship must’ve endured a lot of irregularities and probably felt like a teenage relationship sneaking out with her boyfriend cause your dad doesn’t give you permission.

It was a lot of trauma that Britney went through and we forget. She needs time to heal and most of all, she needs compassion.

People here are too pushy and don’t understand and respect her trauma. 

Dare I say that also the wedding didn’t bring the satisfaction she thought it would. That was something that she probably idealized when she dreamed of her freedom and when it actually happened she realized it didn’t change the horrible life she had lived and how wrong she was treated.

Edited by super.nova
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, knee Queen of pop said:

I think what really happened is they just realized they just weren’t completely made for each other, nothing else. I saw an article around the time they got divorced that mentioned how common it is for couples to divorce when things calm down after they bonded together over a difficult period of their lives (that period in question being the conservatorship). They both probably loved each other but realized their lifestyles weren’t a perfect match, Britney even mentioned how much she appreciated Sam’s effort to have a super well coordinated day to day life in the book. I think she just goes with the flow on the other hand.

I don’t think any of this “Sam didn’t appreciate how Britney didn’t want to “get better”” crap happened and I honestly think that’s a bit disrespectful towards Britney. I mean come on… if there’s one thing Britney has constantly talked about the past years is how she’s taking each day at a time while trying to put an effort to heal herself. Abuse victims don’t just heal in a short time span, especially when they’ve been abused for more than a decade. Give her time to process her trauma and move forward, it’s only been two years since the conservatorship got terminated. She’s probably healed a lot in that time span already but chooses to keep most of that stuff private, I mean - just look at how openly she’s talking about her trauma now as compared to 2021. She’s getting there, slowly but surely. She IS a functioning human and she’s always been one.

this is it babe 

• Like 2

I think they just wanted different things. Britney wanted Sam to be home all the time, have children, and settle down. Sam is in his 20s he wanted to work, make a name for himself, he probably didn’t want children with Britney at the moment. She probably kept talking to him abt it and he couldn’t do it. Or they just grew apart.

• Love 4
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, nowimstronger said:

It’s very obvious why he divorced her - she changed drastically from when they first started dating. My theory is the Vegas incident with the NBA player was the final straw for Sam and he had to get out. 

The Britney he fell in love with is not the Britney we see today, sadly. I'm sure that was incredibly hard because it's literally like two different women. 

• Love 4
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, J45x said:

She like men rough around the edges that is what I'm referring too. She doesn't like well cut clean guys, the only one that fit that mold is JT and we all know how it turns out.

Do you know Sam??? Some of you fans of him sound a little pathetic. How do you know he is passionate? How do you know she resents him? 

This is are just fantasies sweetie and you are making yourself angry because of this delusions.

I think Sam was by far one the best bf she had but simply didn't work out and that is fine. You also are ignoring that they lost a child. That can break a couple. Do you hang out with people? Never a couple friend of yours broke up? 

Here we f xkcing go....

This is a FAN site we are stipulating what went wrong because ultimately we don't know. 

That seems to be ok for you to do, but not me?

Sam was nothing but supportive and it's clear to see he is a driven and passionate individual. There is no doubt he would have tried to help her heal but she just self sabotages and has been doing so ever since the cship ended.

Do you disagree?

THEREFORE:

One passionate partner looking to thrive in their personal and professional career 

One partner spiralling with negativity and self sabotaging behaviours

EQUALS 

Resentment and eventual breakup 

That is my THEORY

A theory is not about being right or wrong.

Your theory 

"They just broke up" 

Thanks the the input.

Spoiler

Real Housewives Of Orange County Discussion GIF

• Like 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block