What do your family members / friends think of Britney's music?

Shadow2003

most of my friends in high school knew I was a Britney fan and this one time one of them dead-*** asked me "like, why do you like her though? she can't sing".. I think that about describes the general atmosphere surrounding Britney among my peers pretty gosh-darn well.. :tbh: people acknowledge her icon status and would totally jam to "Toxic", "Baby" and "Oops" if they were to ever come on the radio or in a club but other than that she's more or less just a meme of 2007.. :bedtime:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dragged my boyfriend to POM idk how many times and blast her in the car, so he has no choice but to be accept it :raven:

As for my friends, I know one other Britney fan, and he's like reeeeally a fan... like has the BOMT blanket and posters and memorabilia. He did give me a couple of her first Rolling Stone mags for my bday so that was sweet. All my other friends know I love her but i think it's kind of a running joke to them lol

My mom and dad just went on vacation last week and before they left my dad came up to me and said, "Look what I just downloaded" and he showed me "Sometimes" and "You Drive Me Crazy" on his iPhone ... also, every time Britney comes up he's singing, "oopssss, I did it again.." and then instead of "I played with your heart" he messes up the lyrics every time and sings "your lips in my face" and then he laughs... it's quite funny actually..

My mom likes a couple of her songs from what I know, i.e. her more pop-oriented stuff like BOMT, Oops, Womanizer and if it's on in the car if I'm driving her, she'll be like "I really like her music... just not that snake song" where she ironically refers to Toxic and not Slave because she feels like the intro to Toxic sounds like a melody you'd play to mind-control a snake lol.

My mom really likes her as a person though and has often said (especially during 07-10), "Look what they're doing to that poor girl. I can't imagine living like this. She doesn't have a life with 50 cameras in her face"... She's also said multiple times how much Britney rocks for giving exactly 0 f**ks about what she looks like when she goes out, saying "If there's people out there complaining about a stranger's looks, they need to get a life and I'm glad she does her own thing." 

Soooo.. they both like Britney actually. :)

My family don't really care for her. My dad took me to the Femme Fatale Tour but that's only because I was younger back then and had no one else to go with. But yeah apart from that he doesn't listen to her, he only likes listening to classic rock from the 60's/70's/80's. 

My friends know I'm a big fan. My best friend kinda likes Britney, not enough to say he's a fan though. I did ask him to come with me to see her last year but he said no because he thought the tickets were too expensive. His favourite Britney song is Everytime :) and another of my male friends jokes about her not being relevant anymore, but I guess that's his opinion :bedtime:

My mum and sister are casual fans and my partner tolerates her (he bops to a few of her tunes though). 

My sister and I went to TCSBS when it came to my country. The only time she has toured her and it was nearly 10 years ago :crying1:

We were also planning to go to Vegas to see her new show too but ya know... 

But I am the only person I know that loves Britney. My friends are tasteless b*tches but I refuse to hear a bad word about her from them :tiffanynod:

I have her Femme Fatale CD in my car. When I play it my mom goes, "This one again?" 

I have Sirius XM and usually listen to Pop2K where he songs are played a lot. My mom goes, "God, this ***** again?" 

I went to her PoM tour in NYC, my mom said "You're seeing that loser?" 

Told her my Vegas plans to see Domination are now canceled and mom goes, "Better than wasting your money on her."

I think my mom hates her. 

My boyfriend never followed Britney growing up - he was raised in Honduras where she wasn’t very popular. He gets annoyed because of how often I play her and talk about her but he’s mostly gotten used to it. He thinks she was talented but he hasn’t seen TICney in action nor will I show him.

My parents thought she was overtly ****** and I had to beg my grandma to buy me In The Zone back in summer 2004 because my parents just weren’t gonna buy me the album because I was too young.

They currently think she is cool but she is irrelevant so they don’t think of her much.

HONESTLY THOUGH.

Bringing up Britney can be polarizing. You either love her or you hate her... although, you can see her irrelevancy really shining lately... everyone always says the same thing when you bring Brit up..

”Oh she is still around?”

”omg she used to be so cool”

”she is crazy”

:watrusayin:

Whatever, Britney had it all and lost it.

She is saboting her career and now she has become the epitome of irrelevancy. Sigh.

My mother thinks Britney post-poned domination because she was 'tired of kissing everybody's @ss (larry, most likely)'. She thinks people should cut Britney slack because she's older, now, and can't do what she used to. She's the first person I come to when Britney leaves me disappointed. My dad says Britney probably doesn't have the best hygiene because he's seen all those disheveled photos from years back. My grandma bought me blackout and circus. This led me to believe that Britney wasn't so controversial, anymore, if my Grandma's willing to buy the albums for me. :tehe: My sister still plays songs from the Britney&ITZ albums from time to time. The '07 vma's were comforting to my mom and I, because Britney's weight gain helped her and I feel better about our own bodies. My mom used to say britney 'wiggled too much' back in the early 2000's...now I wish Britney had the enthusiasm to be provocative, again. 

52 minutes ago, nerdygeekgrl said:

I have her Femme Fatale CD in my car. When I play it my mom goes, "This one again?" 

I have Sirius XM and usually listen to Pop2K where he songs are played a lot. My mom goes, "God, this ***** again?" 

I went to her PoM tour in NYC, my mom said "You're seeing that loser?" 

Told her my Vegas plans to see Domination are now canceled and mom goes, "Better than wasting your money on her."

I think my mom hates her. 

This makes me a bit sad :bpout:

1 minute ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

This makes me a bit sad :bpout:

Don't be. It's quite hilarious seeing her get frustrated that she can't escape Britney lol. She always asks why I don't listen to anything else. When I say "OK, fine" and change it, she hears BSB and gets even more frustrated lol. She hates that I'm being so nostalgic and listening to artists that were so popular back in 99, 00, 01, etc. Cuz that was my junior high Era and I'm not 13, 14 anymore, but 32.... Mom is weird but she thinks that whatever I listened to as a teen I shouldn't listen to as an adult. 

My older sister loves her. Or loved her... IDK :ponderney: She was a BIG fan of her, for example I remember going with her and my mum to our local Blockbuster (God, I feel so old :orangu:) store almost everyday to ask for the GH:MP limited edition until they got it for her lol They even gave her that big and beautiful promo poster that I still have. And my collection is technically not mine, I only bought 2 or 3cds because she was the one who grew up with Britney, she was a teenager in '98 i was only 4yo . But I think she stopped being a fan after "Britney Jean" release as she didn't even bother buying Glory. Buy if Britney cames back to my country, we'll the 1st ones to buy the tickets :tiffanynod:

As for my mum, she really likes her. She used to listen to GH:MP all the time while cleaning the house and she still listen to her music, I think she still have a lots of her songso n her phone.

The rest of my family... They are really nice towards Brit. They are not fans but they know her songs and like a few of them, sometimes we watch her live performances together if they are in my house (for example the BBMAs 15 & 16 and Vmas 16). And I think they feel sympathy for her mostly because of the breakdown not because they like her as an artist.

And my friends... They just don't care about her. All of them listen to other kind of music so I never have a friend with the same music tastes as me. But luckily, last year I made 3 new friends in a fanclub dedicated to another singer and we found out that we all love Brit so now I finally have someone to talk about her :wontcry:

Archived