What do your family members / friends think of Britney's music?

Shadow2003

Hello everyone! Welcome to my first thread ever!:hiii:

Now, as the title says, what do your family members or friends think of Britney's music?

When it comes to my family, they're mostly neutral on her, although my mom knows and likes some of her earlier hits (including "Everytime", which is still sometimes played on the radio :pumped: )

As for my friends, I don't know anybody who really likes Britney, although I'm not sure... One day, I was listening to "Get Naked" on my phone, one girl asked what I was listening to, so I showed her, she replied with "Yeah, I don't know this". Then, another girl said, "I love this song!". So, there might be at least one person.

Edit: I just remembered, after seeing many of you bring up others thinking she's irrelevant... One time, in a different school in a French class, we were translating some sentences on things we want to do (I don't really remember), so I said: "I want to go to a Britney Spears concert". Right after that, one kid just unironically asked out loud: "Isn't she DEAD ?" :airpls:

I remember when I was listening to Britney Jean in the car with my dad and he said that the drop in "It Should Be Easy" sounds like German disco music.

Alright, discuss!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, my sister is 14 and she’s in love with her. My grandma once watched Britney for the record on MTV and she liked her. My mom enjoys listening to her songs like BOMT, I love rock n’ roll. My dad knows her but I don’t know what he thinks ?

Edit: my friends like her a lot 

My sister is ten years older than me (she’s 39) and she loved her in her prime but I don’t think she’s been aware of anything since Circus 

(though she did once borrow my Broccoli Jambalaya CD and said Chillin’ With You was her favourite song :yesokay:)

my older brother and sister used to like her till about ITZ. (We were all fans back in the day)

They stopped from Blackout onwards, but my sister kinda liked Womanizer, Circus and IUSA.

Ever since I became like the "only" Britney fan of the family, they kinda stopped even mentioning her, like now it's just my thing lol but I once caught my sister watching the Sometimes video on her ipad a few years ago, and my brother humming to OIDIA.

My mom is just neutral, she used to "like" or more like, tolerate, her older songs because when we were kids we would take over the TV to watch MTV all day so she does recognize older tracks like Lucky, Oops, etc. She's heard newer albums when I play them, and it's like, I know she recognizes her voice, but she just never comments anything about it.

The rest of my family it's the same, they all kinda recognize the older tracks and it's like an unanimous perception that her music is good, but newer albums just pass unnoticed / un-commented (did I just make up that word? lol).

Although one of my aunts used to like Till the World Ends a lot and another aunt loved Scream & Shout, especially because of the video. 

Classmates throughout my life, and coworkers have always known me for loving Pokémon and Britney Spears. Again, in general what I've noticed is that they think she's great, due to her older tracks, but they kinda sleep on all the new stuff she's released after ITZ.

They offered their condolences to me last Friday when they knew Domination was cancelled lol

My older brother had a huge crush on her during the BOMT era, hence my first concert was Britney Live in Disneyland when I was 5. My whole family in general likes her older hits like 'Oops!' and 'Lucky' etc. 'Scream and Shout' sorta brought the Britney fan out of my brother again, but after that not much has caught his attention. They've all seen her Live from Las Vegas concert DVD from DWADT because of me, so they're aware how ridiculously Godly she was as a performer at one point. My mom still listens to 'Everytime' and we have discussions about her whenever I'm upset about something LOL. Most of my friends enjoy her older stuff too. But I'm pretty much the only one who loves her and her music overall.

My family is sick of her because of me. Literally, my sister can't stand hearing even the new songs because of me, although, sometimes she has hummed to some songs, the old ones, when I was playing them one day. Another day I was hearing Stronger live from Las Vegas (2001), and she was like, "why does the song sound like that? It's weird". She was used to it sounding like the record, but hearing the insturmental and not backing vocals mess her head. She still doesn't like her that much.

My Mom despises her, my father hates her, my sister dislikes her and bashes her and my friends think she's embarrassing and make fun of her. They all think she hasn't had a hit since the early 2000's and I have absolutely no one to talk about Britney in my environment :crying4:

everyone I know at least likes Britney, even the straight men. My uncle used to be one of those people that said she would be done after 5 years max. That she would end up in playboy. Britney has since earned his respect, though he is surprised she has lasted this long.  My mom goes to her concerts with me. My mom says Britney is the best concert shes ever been to (that was at onyx hotel when she said that). My mom didn't get to go to vegas with me, but let me tell you all that the show wasnt justifiable through videos on youtube, it just isn't. Its not as bad as people on here made it out to be.

My mom used to be one of those rock fans who hated anything that wasn't rock, so britney's prime kind of sucked for me in terms of being made fun of for liking her (Or getting to pick anything other than a rock radio station to listen to), but idk. She never talked about Britney during 2007, but after that, she seemed to tolerate Britney -- and pop in general -- a lot more. She's no fan, but occasionally she enjoys a Britney song.

My friends opinions have always varied on the subject.

Archived