Can Britney be relevant again?

jamesedward94

2 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

You’re kidding me right? People will always remember her school girl image. 20 years later and people still remember her. That’s a long *** time in the pop world. Every artists goes through their down years, look at Mariah having many flop eras until she finally fully came back. It’s not a science folks, you can’t say put this and put that and you get that. She might not be as famous but look at how many young kids are familiar with her and how much she influenced today’s popstars. She left her mark and no one can’t take that away. Whitney’s career was like a very slow down fall and just like Britney she had her demons but no matter what people still revere her as an icon. Marilyn Monroe was considered a joke in Hollywood no matter how hard she tried to brush off her dumb blonde persona but you still see people toting her face on bags around. Madonna has a lot of hits but people keep going back to her old hits because they are classics and Baby one more time is now considered a classic. You can’t take that away from her so yes she will always be remembered, what are you expecting?

You are mad about things I didn’t even say. 

I didn’t say iconic moments Won’t be remembered. BOMT and Toxic will be known to pop culture for awhile. What I’m saying Britney as an actual artist will be forgotten in the likes of these other ppl. It’s true because it already happening. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, nonoiseplz said:

Kids React to Madonna: ... only 1 person GUESSED that it was Madonna while WATCHING AND LISTENING to her music videos. :mj:

At first I was shocked, but soon realised that Madonna was never popular among kids that age

She's not JoJo Siwa :NYcackle: 

15 hours ago, nonoiseplz said:

Kids React to Madonna: ... only 1 person GUESSED that it was Madonna while WATCHING AND LISTENING to her music videos. :mj:

I think that's really sad, but let's face it, legends don't need to be recognised by everyone in every generation. Janet Jackson is a legend with multiple #1 hits but who talks about her music nowadays? Both Madonna and Janet I think are going to be much more popular when they die. Probably the same thing will happen to Britney.

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, Spearsfan said:

You are mad about things I didn’t even say. 

I didn’t say iconic moments Won’t be remembered. BOMT and Toxic will be known to pop culture for awhile. What I’m saying Britney as an actual artist will be forgotten in the likes of these other ppl. It’s true because it already happening. 

You said she could have been an icon. She already is so I don’t know why you would think Taylor Swift is more iconic than her. Not to mention I listed iconic moments of hers so why isn’t she an icon? That’s why I listed examples of famous iconic people who had less than stellar history yet are still forever remembered. Obviously you didn’t read the whole thing then. 

My point is it doesn’t matter if she flops now, she will still remain an icon. 

1 hour ago, puppylo16 said:

You said she could have been an icon. She already is so I don’t know why you would think Taylor Swift is more iconic than her. Not to mention I listed iconic moments of hers so why isn’t she an icon? That’s why I listed examples of famous iconic people who had less than stellar history yet are still forever remembered. Obviously you didn’t read the whole thing then. 

My point is it doesn’t matter if she flops now, she will still remain an icon. 

I said she could have been THAT icon. No I didn’t say Taylor is more iconic I said in the end they may go down more iconic because they seem to want to go on for years break more records and do more creative things. 

34 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

She switched from full on country to pop that is creative but other than that not a lot but I said it could happen in the future. I’m not saying it will or won’t  

Shania Twain and Faith Hill switched from FULL ON  country to pop almost 10 years before Taylor and many other artists have done so as well. Its not really creative, but It is cool that she had success doing it. At this point though, Shania Twain will go down as a bigger legend than Taylor Swift and that catalog of #1 kids bopz songs. :raven:

1 hour ago, nonoiseplz said:

Shania Twain and Faith Hill switched from FULL ON  country to pop almost 10 years before Taylor and many other artists have done so as well. Its not really creative, but It is cool that she had success doing it. At this point though, Shania Twain will go down as a bigger legend than Taylor Swift and that catalog of #1 kids bopz songs. :raven:

Time will tell tbh

imo, she’s still very relevant amongst her peers. I mean, how often do you hear Christina, J Lo, or any others from that generation of pop music on today’s radio? Sure, P!nk will release a song every now and then that they will overplay the crap out of. But really...

JT and Beyoncé, I guess...but really that’s it. I don’t really keep up but I don’t remember hearing any of his new stuff getting played that much. And Bey’s fame is a rarity. What you have to remember about these two is that they both had successful music groups as a launching pad for their solo careers. Cut Britney a little slack because at least she’s been at it on her own since the very beginning.

And as for “relevance” in the GP, who gives a ****...???

On 12/5/2018 at 1:38 PM, 2K16NEY said:

Ehhh, I honestly believe Britney could have been one of the greats if not better than Madonna or MJ. She completely captivated an entire generation. Her looks, music, videos, interviews, shoots, literally everyone wanted to be her and everyone looked up to her.

If primeney was still around, I’m sure the world would still be captivated. 

Oh! Definitely. I think that's what her whole fandom and the GP thought of her around that time. It was like she was 99% safe on bein the greatest of them all. BUT, sadly that almost impossible 1% happened. :crying3:

On 12/5/2018 at 1:38 PM, 2K16NEY said:

Ehhh, I honestly believe Britney could have been one of the greats if not better than Madonna or MJ. She completely captivated an entire generation. Her looks, music, videos, interviews, shoots, literally everyone wanted to be her and everyone looked up to her.

If primeney was still around, I’m sure the world would still be captivated. 

Oh! Definitely. I think that's what her whole fandom and the GP thought of her around that time. It was like she was 99% safe on bein the greatest of them all. BUT, sadly that almost impossible 1% happened. :crying3:

The realist in me says no. Too much damage has been done and people just see her as messy territory that they’d rather avoid (I’m speaking generally ofc)

But, people fell in love with her once and they could in love with again. who know? Given a compelete brand and creative makeover it could be possible. 

On 12/5/2018 at 1:02 PM, nonoiseplz said:

14 and younger know thename Britney Spears and know a song by Britney Spears even they don't know Britney is the person singing it

Most kids these days don't know Madonna at all - music, face, voice... they don't know her.

There are a lot of kids who don't know "Michael Jacksons music. Britney has the advantage that Michael and Madonna didn't have.... the internet during her peak years, social media to spread her name, and more advanced technology to shove her music on the masses. Example: "Gimme More", a 2007 song, is in Grand Theft Auto V online game( released in 2013), which is till popular among kid gamers even though it came out 5 years ago. Little kids are growing up playing video games that feature Britney Spears music which directs them to her music videos. That plays a small part in why Britneys music video views receive significant increases every year.

No they don’t for Britney hasn’t had a hit in 6 yrs. Also hasn’t dont anything relevant to get ppl to know her name. 

Madonna for example became a huge interest to me from Britney. So ppl give her crap for being a band wagoner by being around the young ppl it helped get me as a big fan around 2003. 

Britney has done no such thing. At best they know Toxic, and BOMT from old playlists.

Ppl that are 17-18 now may know her from S&S but that’s it. 

Her streams suck and so do her video plays. The only ppl checking are for the nostalgia and that is why her old videos will be certified sooner than her new stuff 

Archived