Can Britney be relevant again?

jamesedward94

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Britney always will be American sweetheart. The GP gave her so many second chances: when she finaly divorced Kevin they were rooting for her, after she shaved her head and came back with Gimme More they were rooting for her (there was SOOO much hype for the vma 2007 performance) and even after that disaster she same back with circus and they were again rooting for her. Its crazy, but Britney cant do wrong, people are always rooting for her.

I think she will always will get that kind of attention, she is written in people's mind. She made a mark. If she will come back with a good song and a few SICK performances, she can slay the world again if she wants. The only thing is that she just need her passion back (and stop ruining her lips, lol). And she lost that passion, so no, if its up to Britney, she wont get relevant again.

No.

She's too old now for the young market, which dictates who's relevant or not.

She also lost a lot of her looks, which was her main thing during her prime (due to her lack of actual talent.)

Her time has passed and it's all her fault. 

However, her name and legacy is incomparable and will last forever.

She’s a nostalgia act, yes, that’s one of the biggest reasons... BUT

Britney doesn’t want to be relevant again. She stays hidden because she doesn’t want the attention. She views performing as a 9 to 5 job - go in, perform, then go home and that’s that. No promotion, photoshoots, interviews, nothing.

Also, the new generation of kids and teenagers honestly don’t know the impact of Britney Spears.

At least when I was growing up, Madonna and Michael Jackson were always in the media and still doing interviews and stayed relatively in the spotlight so even though their prime was 20 years my senior, I still knew who they were.

With Britney... kids don’t know her music, her performances, some of them don’t even know her name and if they do... they associate it with some 90’s act who had 1 or 2 hit songs (BOMT and Toxic).

It’s sad to say but her ‘legacy’ is dying... Like yeah she’ll always be regarded as a pop icon but she is no Madonna or Michael Jackson... which she had SO much potential to be during her prime.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, her obvious lack of growth and loss of talent is another big reason why. She is cringey to watch and kids watching her current performances will never understand why she was so big to begin with. :kyliecry:

4 minutes ago, CristMont said:

I agree with everything but let me tell you sis :schoolingtime:

Her legacy will never die, her legacy is already done.

Yeah, I guess you’re right. I just believe her legacy doesn’t have the power other huge iconic pop stars have had - like longevity wise if that makes any sense :disappointed:

Just now, CrackthatWhip said:

1 or 2 hit songs - you clearly aren’t in touch with younger generations.

Trash thread, next. 

Hahahaha and you are? Have you asked the younger generation what they think of Britney Spears? ... because I have and most of them just look at me wide eyed and say they’ve heard OF her.

1 minute ago, really really cool guy said:

Kids and teenagers do know who she is though or at least know her songs (Toxic, Oops, BOMT, Gimme more because of GTA V). They also know about her breakdown (head shaving).The problem is that they think she's 50 yo and retired because they haven't really seen her out there like you say :orangu:

Her legacy will live forever :tiffanynod:

:zoomzoom: yeah everyone thinks Britney is a senior citizen ugh. It doesn’t help that she doesn’t look her age either.

I have to agree and desagree at the same time. Yes, she's not MJ nor Madonna. Nobody will ever be like them, just as nobody will ever be a Britney. And it's kinda tired people still bringing those examples as if there were any possibility of somebody else taking those thrones, when they are the first ones called King and Queen of pop. Not even Taylor Swift (who's grossing more than Madonna now with her tours) is gonna get that title.

About kids and teens, I've known some of them who don't know a lot of legends. Also, I think you answered yourself about Britney's impact, it doesn't matter if it's normally BOMT or Toxic, what's wrong with that? Just like many others are known mostly by one song. MJ has a big catalog of hits, but it's Thriller 90% of the time people mention it when talking about him, not for nothing it's his best and most iconic music video.

There are tons of reactions videos in YT where they get a few teens to hear music in general from 80s, 90s, 00s, and actually Britney is one of (if not the most) recognizable from 90s and 00s by them.

I hate the joke she is now, but she's a legend regardless, that's why she's getting those vanguard awards since 2011.

And if her legacy starts to die... Marilyn Monroe got more famous after her death. :jj:

the story of how my country sees her...

huge teen star *** symbol... this day u need to be ashamed that you know her no exception that is the rule you don't speak about her no nothing just shame...

then she went crazy ...**** addict ...alcohol... head shaving...people still think that she is bald to this day

then disappeared into oblivion (present time)

if somehow the radio plays one song of hers which rarely happens or they see an article ( 90% negative ones... people here don't write about her succsess) we have two options

1. >>> oh she is still alive? gosh she is crazy look at her eyes she is dead most be *****... 

2.>>> oh she is still alive? oh she has children now...good for her she has tons of money she still keeps fit... but look at her eyes though she is dead..

frankly im tired of people saying she is dead behind her eyes... sometimes she used to be like everyone of us when tired but i think she looks happy most of the time

career wise though... yup its over move on

14 minutes ago, tommy_boy said:

I have to agree and desagree at the same time. Yes, she's not MJ nor Madonna. Nobody will ever be like them, just as nobody will ever be a Britney. And it's kinda tired people still bringing those examples as if there were any possibility of somebody else taking those thrones, when they are the first ones called King and Queen of pop. Not even Taylor Swift 

Ehhh, I honestly believe Britney could have been one of the greats if not better than Madonna or MJ. She completely captivated an entire generation. Her looks, music, videos, interviews, shoots, literally everyone wanted to be her and everyone looked up to her.

If primeney was still around, I’m sure the world would still be captivated. 

Archived