Is Britney Over?

NickiTheGoat

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's been over for ages (GP) But, her name is a brand so stuff still sells here and there if that makes sense. It's only really us fans that keep her going. Her albums have dropped in number each release with glory being the worst to sell. So good for vegas selling out originally but as far as GP, I say yeah, she's not the "it" girl anymore. Domination isn't even selling. Her music releases are no longer selling, its heavily down to us buying them:

That drop in numbers though :crying4:

220px-..._Baby_One_More_Time_(album).png 

...Baby One More Time (1999)

Worldwide Sales: 31,500,000

220px-Britney_Spears_-_Oops!..._I_Did_It

Oops!...I Did It Again (2000)

Worldwide Sales: 25,250,000 

220px-Britney_Spears_-_Britney.png

Britney (2001)

Worldwide Sales: 15,500,000

220px-In_the_Zone.png

In The Zone (2003)

Worldwide Sales: 11,975,000

220px-Britney_Spears_-_Blackout.png

Blackout (2007)

Worldwide Sales: 4,543,000

220px-Circus-_Album.png

Circus (2008)

Worldwide Sales: 7,019,000

220px-Britney_Spears_-_Femme_Fatale.png

Femme Fatale (2011)

Worldwide Sales: 4,280,000

220px-Britney_Jean.png

Britney Jean (2013)

Worldwide Sales: 1,277,000

220px-Britney_Spears_-_Glory_(Official_A

Glory (2016)

Worldwide Sales: 760,000

9 hours ago, Britman512 said:

Another entitled fan... at least you didn't write an essay like some do

How are they an entitled fan? Wondering why their fave has declined so much through their eyes and asking if other fans feel the same doesn't make them entitled? They even stated they may be wrong in their assertion? Did I miss something? Are we supposed to be lap dogs to lackluster effort just because Britney went through a hard time? I think not. If she decides to get up there and charge money then she should deliver 100% and in my opinion she gives 50% at a push. :schoolingtime:

4 minutes ago, dcooper29090 said:

How are they an entitled fan? Wondering why their fave has declined so much through their eyes and asking if other fans feel the same doesn't make them entitled? They even stated they may be wrong in their assertion? Did I miss something? Are we supposed to be lap dogs to lackluster effort just because Britney went through a hard time? I think not. If she decides to get up there and charge money then she should deliver 100% and in my opinion she gives 50% at a push. :schoolingtime:

:heresthetea:

Absolutely.

She hasn’t contributed towards her legacy since 2007 (arguably 2008 with the comeback stuff), she visibly doesn’t care anymore and is actively trying to milk every penny she can so she can retire young. Her relevancy is depleting rapidly and she does nothing to try and reverse that trend. 

1 hour ago, dcooper29090 said:

Oh sis I agree with you but if your still complaining about it in 2018 you should've left the fandom back in 07... i dont understand why people stay in relationship when there unhappy 

Just now, Britman512 said:

Oh sis I agree with you but if your still complaining about it in 2018 you should've left the fandom back in 07... i dont understand why people stay in relationship because there unhappy 

I think people have hope because every now and then our girl will show signs of her old self which they fell in love with. It's inconsistent with her and i think it's just frustrating. Britney is a ****! :airpls:

32 minutes ago, dcooper29090 said:

I think people have hope because every now and then our girl will show signs of her old self which they fell in love with. It's inconsistent with her and i think it's just frustrating. Britney is a ****! :airpls:

It’s like that first true love that you never fully get over. It shapes you, eternally.

2 hours ago, It'sJodieeB!tch said:

She's been over for ages (GP) But, her name is a brand so stuff still sells here and there if that makes sense. It's only really us fans that keep her going. Her albums have dropped in number each release with glory being the worst to sell. So good for vegas selling out originally but as far as GP, I say yeah, she's not the "it" girl anymore. Domination isn't even selling. Her music releases are no longer selling, its heavily down to us buying them:

That drop in numbers though :crying4:

220px-..._Baby_One_More_Time_(album).png 

...Baby One More Time (1999)

Worldwide Sales: 31,500,000

220px-Britney_Spears_-_Oops!..._I_Did_It

Oops!...I Did It Again (2000)

Worldwide Sales: 25,250,000 

220px-Britney_Spears_-_Britney.png

Britney (2001)

Worldwide Sales: 15,500,000

220px-In_the_Zone.png

In The Zone (2003)

Worldwide Sales: 11,975,000

220px-Britney_Spears_-_Blackout.png

Blackout (2007)

Worldwide Sales: 4,543,000

220px-Circus-_Album.png

Circus (2008)

Worldwide Sales: 7,019,000

220px-Britney_Spears_-_Femme_Fatale.png

Femme Fatale (2011)

Worldwide Sales: 4,280,000

220px-Britney_Jean.png

Britney Jean (2013)

Worldwide Sales: 1,277,000

220px-Britney_Spears_-_Glory_(Official_A

Glory (2016)

Worldwide Sales: 760,000

well you do realize number have fallen so much after 2004 due to illegal downloads and streaming. I mean only Taylor Swift and Adele can pull big numbers now due to their fan demography and marketing strategies

2 hours ago, falka said:

Britney Jean almost killed Britney Spears :nynod:

Has sold more than Glory

2 hours ago, Brad Adamson said:

Absolutely.

She hasn’t contributed towards her legacy since 2007 (arguably 2008 with the comeback stuff), she visibly doesn’t care anymore and is actively trying to milk every penny she can so she can retire young. Her relevancy is depleting rapidly and she does nothing to try and reverse that trend. 

I disagree... if she was truly over, people wouldn't rush to purchase nostalgia items such as the BOMT vinyl/cassette. They would not have sold as well for the tour as they did. There would be no interest in the announcement for the new residency.

I get it, most "fans" are sick and tired of the nostalgia act but that's what's in right now. Entertainment acts all over are bringing the 90s back. The most recent example is the Spice Girls coming back. Britney jumped start the nostalgia trend with POM and other acts follow by also having Vegas residencies like J.lo and Backstreet Boys. Now Lady Gaga, Robbie Williams and other acts are following Britney's footsteps.

Could Britney put more effort, release new music, better visuals, great choreography, and high-quality outfits? the answer is yes... and most likely she will for the new residency but we know she gets bored and starts to change things. She's been doing that since DWAD tour, maybe not as drastic as on POM.

I can see Britney taking a break after Domination's run ends and I believe it would probably be for the better. Most "fans" need a break. 

I honestly don’t think Britney is over but I do think if she was left alone and not forced into still doing this by her team and family, she would get hungry again and naturally want to do this. Albeit not at the same pace and primney but I think music and performing is in her blood. Didn’t she say in 2006/2007 in a fan letter she was bored and needed to be hungry for it again? I think deep down she’s a performer and always will be. Just a shame her passion has been taken away over the years and she’s been turned into a sort of cash cow :nochillbrit:

Archived