Britney BOMT Cassette - Target

MTL899

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, TylerTremallose said:

i got mine today, they didnt have it on the floor because they claimed target wasnt allowed to sell it yet, but then i said other people have been buying it from other stores and thats when they said they had to get it from the back

They really said Target wasn't allowed to sell it yet? I went to 2 stores and had absolutely no problems. They just went in the back and got them. In one of the stores, they had them in the cabinets below the registers in the electronics section. There was definitely other cassettes too. It's clear Target is going for a retro thing this holiday season. They have a bunch of throwback stuff already out throughout the store and the cassettes are going to be the electronics retro items.

I'm excited to see what other cassettes they will sell.

19 minutes ago, MTL899 said:

They really said Target wasn't allowed to sell it yet? I went to 2 stores and had absolutely no problems. They just went in the back and got them. In one of the stores, they had them in the cabinets below the registers in the electronics section. There was definitely other cassettes too. It's clear Target is going for a retro thing this holiday season. They have a bunch of throwback stuff already out throughout the store and the cassettes are going to be the electronics retro items.

I'm excited to see what other cassettes they will sell.

yeah thats what i didnt understand..unless their managers told them they couldnt display it yet and they got it confused? 

I just got mine tonight. I had a similar experience as some of you. Workers looking at me like I'm crazy and insisting they don't sell cassettes or just not knowing what I'm talking about. They also thought it was in the baby section. Finally, I asked them to check the back and he walked right back out with the cassette in his hand and handed it to me.

Glad I got it! :pumped:

• Super Mods

I just left target guys and yeah it seems all stores are just carrying 3. You have to ask them to check the back cuz that’s what I did. I had to get two, one to display and one to lock away so it is kept on pristine condition. I was afraid it would be gone which is crazy cuz I wasn’t even interested initially. It’s kinda cute actually. 

On 11/3/2018 at 9:20 PM, TylerTremallose said:

yeah thats what i didnt understand..unless their managers told them they couldnt display it yet and they got it confused? 

Yeah that could be it. I’m going back to Target tomorrow to see the actual display. It should be up by now.

• Super Mods
35 minutes ago, MTL899 said:

I don't think they're stupid. It's nice to collect them and it makes them easy because they are easy to store.

I think it’s good as a collector’s item and very fitting with the era (although weird since by the time I got BOMT, I was already buying cds) but tbh it’s a stupid medium to listen to music. I got the cassette and it’s cute but I just hope this trend phases out, I mean what’s next? VHS makes a comeback? 

9 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

I think it’s good as a collector’s item and very fitting with the era (although weird since by the time I got BOMT, I was already buying cds) but tbh it’s a stupid medium to listen to music. I got the cassette and it’s cute but I just hope this trend phases out, I mean what’s next? VHS makes a comeback? 

Lmao VHS ? I don’t think they will ever do that. Most people are receptive to retro music items like the vinyl and cassettes. They’re capitalizing in the early millennial generation that grew up with cassettes and vinyl. 

22 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

Same, the last cassette I got back in the 90s was TLC’s Crazy **** Cool album, so that was like 1996? By the time BOMT came out I was well into CDS. Also, I feel like music doesn’t sound as good on cassettes. 

I’m still going to check tomorrow at my Target I don’t even know why lol. It’s like this impulse that I can’t help like I feel drawn to it haha

Yep it was the same with my store. The street date was a few days ago but they do not put stuff out if it isn’t on a planogram (fancy word for a section in the store) it’s part of the Christmas set called amplified gifting. All stores should be setting them this week. I would go to electronics and tell them to look it up on the Zebra. They can pull it from the back for you, you just have to ask. 

6 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

I’m thinking they are going to be up by the female clothing era. It’s where they have the retro set up but I could be wrong. 

The electronics ppl at two of my targets wouldn’t go look :whatitellu:

Then I’d go to guest service and tell them to have them look. Targets mission is always being there for the guest and sometimes you’ll run into a couple lazy guys (especially in electronics)

• Super Mods
11 hours ago, Khoazie said:

Same, the last cassette I got back in the 90s was TLC’s Crazy **** Cool album, so that was like 1996? By the time BOMT came out I was well into CDS. Also, I feel like music doesn’t sound as good on cassettes. 

I’m still going to check tomorrow at my Target I don’t even know why lol. It’s like this impulse that I can’t help like I feel drawn to it haha

Hahahaha I know exactly how you feel and a lot of people from the era said the same. It’s horrible, if tape gets stuck, you can kiss your tape goodbye and just buy a new one and the frustrating process when it unwinds and you have to get a pencil with a full eraser to annoyingly wind it back. I originally wasn’t going to buy it but now I’m like hooked. Well I got it.

Archived