The Official Britney Spears Formula 1 Grand Prix Thread

Jordan Miller

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

I know, right? I was shocked. The only song I even knew by him was “You Raise Me Up.” :pieceofwhat: But yeah, he had really impressive laser and light shows personalized for each song, creative and entertaining backdrops/projections, huge screens, etc. It looked well-done, professional and expensive.

Plus he played a million instruments and sang incredibly in fluent English, Italian, Spanish and French. He also talked a lot to the audience between every single song. (Now I sound like a converted “Grobanite,” but I’m definitely not. He’s insanely talented but his music is just really boring to me.)

And even the far less impressive opening act, Idina Menzel, had equivalent props (and a far better costume) in contrast to the POMT, and when she sang “Let It Go,” the snow falling around her was like Britney’s POM performance of “Everytime,” (except with incredible live vocals, that is). Also, this was the only other song I recognized all night. :woopsie:

But given it’s the 20th anniversary of BOMT, the whole thing made me sad, honestly. I’d love to once again see Britney be the best performer in the industry. 

Yeah. Touring is a huge money maker. Most ppl realize it needs to be good or ppl won’t waste their money but team Britney thinks they are invisible. 

9 hours ago, MakeMeFweaky said:

Ok so this was my first ever Britney show, and my second concert ever (my first being the Bruno Mars concert the night before). I came waiting in line at 2:00, 4 hours before the concert started. Throughout waiting in line I saw many variations of Britney shirts, including one from BreatheHeavy! @breatheheavy Get your coins!!! :jj:

Anyways while waiting in line, I met a few amazing people, however I didn't get their names so if any of y'all met me, I would love to follow y'all on twitter and such! Anyways I ended up being in the front row, and Willie and Zac walked past us while waiting in line! We also saw Larry and Robin standing backstage. 

Ok so time to review the last POM show ever.

The first section truly is the strongest in terms of choreography. Work ***** and every other opening song of her tours are always the strongest with the most energetic choreography and really set a good tone for the rest of the show. Womanizer was alright, saved by a good dance break. Break the Ice and Piece of Me were cute but not everyone knew it. Of course then we have Baby and Oops, which all my friends loved, but I almost cringed with the (officially) 20 year old vocals and scrapped dance break. However, it was kinda cute watching her at the end forgetting that her stage didn't have the little trap door in Vegas:tongueney:

MATM was cute but no one did the Madonna part, and barely anyone screamed "who is it" in my section. Clumsy and CYM was cute cause it was one of the very few choreo s that wasn't watered down. And then we have my least favorite section. The outfit I have to say was atrocious, being articles of clothing from 3 separate sections mixed into one:wontcry: and the choreo for every song just wasn't it. Also obviously the crowd was DEAD during any Glory song except possibly Make Me. During the slave section, I think she killed the breakdowns (even the walk it talk it one). Before the show, I saw her bodyguard and asked about being the freak show guest, and I was told that it had been already chosen, and I was really curious to see who it was, so I was pissed when it was Cade for the 100th time :ririshade2:. And Do Somethin was eh. However the energy (at least in the crowd) started to pick up once the Circus section started. Breathe On Me is one of my favorite choreos since it's so sensual yet well choreographed and doesn't show any of her tics. Finally we have Toxic which is the one and only song that most of the audience knows. Then we have Stronger/Crazy, which I actually kinda like. And instead of waiting for an encore, she immediately did TTWE, and I almost choked on the confetti since the canon was right in front of me:tongueney:

so I just wanted to say a few things I noticed or wanted to ask:

1. The audience here was terrible. My friends didn't pay $100 for better seats so they sat in the back and they told me that while Bruno was packed, Britney wasn't even barely filled. Also seeing both shows, it was obviously that Bruno's show was better and more entertaining (if you're not a britney stan)

2. I just wanted to ask what was the point of this show? I mean I'm not complaining cause I got to go, but literally why did she take a two month break, "announce" a residency, and then do this random show? She could've released a new song or booked an Australian/Canadian leg in the middle, it just seemed odd.

3. Finally, I just realized that with the Domination photo and the BOMT anniversary photos being used, that the Randee St Nicholas photo will NEVER be used ever again after this. (Fingers crossed.)

ill post a instagram photo I posted with a few videos I took of the show and if you saw me, feel free to say hello!

Your Britney selfie is amazing!!!! So lovely to see a fan in a picture with Britney without paying a fortune for it at a meet and greet 

On 10/22/2018 at 5:22 PM, Isla. said:

Most people who went to the Grand Prix aren't gonna care for Britney or the other artists performing there. She had big crowds at her other shows this year. See Brighton Pride for an example.

Do you really think gays went because of her? They went to meet other gays and hook up.. It happened Britney was there. 

20 hours ago, AlottaWarmHeart said:

Do you really think gays went because of her? They went to meet other gays and hook up.. It happened Britney was there. 

I think so, but apparently a lot of the Brighton Pride tickets sold really well because Britney had been announced as a performer.

On 10/24/2018 at 10:09 PM, MakeMeFweaky said:

Ok so this was my first ever Britney show, and my second concert ever (my first being the Bruno Mars concert the night before). I came waiting in line at 2:00, 4 hours before the concert started. Throughout waiting in line I saw many variations of Britney shirts, including one from BreatheHeavy! @breatheheavy Get your coins!!! :jj:

Anyways while waiting in line, I met a few amazing people, however I didn't get their names so if any of y'all met me, I would love to follow y'all on twitter and such! Anyways I ended up being in the front row, and Willie and Zac walked past us while waiting in line! We also saw Larry and Robin standing backstage. 

Ok so time to review the last POM show ever.

The first section truly is the strongest in terms of choreography. Work ***** and every other opening song of her tours are always the strongest with the most energetic choreography and really set a good tone for the rest of the show. Womanizer was alright, saved by a good dance break. Break the Ice and Piece of Me were cute but not everyone knew it. Of course then we have Baby and Oops, which all my friends loved, but I almost cringed with the (officially) 20 year old vocals and scrapped dance break. However, it was kinda cute watching her at the end forgetting that her stage didn't have the little trap door in Vegas:tongueney:

MATM was cute but no one did the Madonna part, and barely anyone screamed "who is it" in my section. Clumsy and CYM was cute cause it was one of the very few choreo s that wasn't watered down. And then we have my least favorite section. The outfit I have to say was atrocious, being articles of clothing from 3 separate sections mixed into one:wontcry: and the choreo for every song just wasn't it. Also obviously the crowd was DEAD during any Glory song except possibly Make Me. During the slave section, I think she killed the breakdowns (even the walk it talk it one). Before the show, I saw her bodyguard and asked about being the freak show guest, and I was told that it had been already chosen, and I was really curious to see who it was, so I was pissed when it was Cade for the 100th time :ririshade2:. And Do Somethin was eh. However the energy (at least in the crowd) started to pick up once the Circus section started. Breathe On Me is one of my favorite choreos since it's so sensual yet well choreographed and doesn't show any of her tics. Finally we have Toxic which is the one and only song that most of the audience knows. Then we have Stronger/Crazy, which I actually kinda like. And instead of waiting for an encore, she immediately did TTWE, and I almost choked on the confetti since the canon was right in front of me:tongueney:

so I just wanted to say a few things I noticed or wanted to ask:

1. The audience here was terrible. My friends didn't pay $100 for better seats so they sat in the back and they told me that while Bruno was packed, Britney wasn't even barely filled. Also seeing both shows, it was obviously that Bruno's show was better and more entertaining (if you're not a britney stan)

2. I just wanted to ask what was the point of this show? I mean I'm not complaining cause I got to go, but literally why did she take a two month break, "announce" a residency, and then do this random show? She could've released a new song or booked an Australian/Canadian leg in the middle, it just seemed odd.

3. Finally, I just realized that with the Domination photo and the BOMT anniversary photos being used, that the Randee St Nicholas photo will NEVER be used ever again after this. (Fingers crossed.)

ill post a instagram photo I posted with a few videos I took of the show and if you saw me, feel free to say hello!

Hey!  I'm the guy in the red shirt next to you :raven:
We were so close to the queen! :OMGney:

Archived