The Official Britney Spears Formula 1 Grand Prix Thread

Jordan Miller

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, b4goodbye said:

Finally back home and able to write my review--surprised at all the sass here, haha, but whatever.

Austin was cool, lot of Britney promo--billboards, street signs, magazine/newspaper ads, etc. The track was really far outside the city. The event wasn't as redneck as I thought it was gonna be, a lot more international people and people you could tell had a lot of money. No workers at the track knew anything about anything (where to go, time, etc). So I'm glad we saw Bruno the night before as we found the closest pit entrance and met some other Britney fans in line. They tried to tell us we were in the wrong line after 3 hours of waiting, but everybody went crazy and they basically just gave up. Kinda annoying they let the volunteers in first as while we in the front of the pit line, there was already about 2 rows of people lined up when they let us in.

Britney went on right at 6p, no countdown or hype video. It was a little strange to see her perform in the daylight, the sun might have finally fully went down during Crazy/TTWE. I wonder if her being able to see all the faces affects her performance and to what extent, but un-nerving. Kinda cool to see the sun shine on her during DYWTCO though, she was glowing.

To that note, girl was sunburnt haha. Was kinda funny, kinda unprofessional as her dancers skin looked great, but Britney arms/pits were all different shades haha so everytime she raised her arms, you could see it.

The crowd around us were all Britney fans, so lots of energy. I think the videos of the lawn are a little unfair just because not sure if any artist would be that interesting in broad daylight a mile away, haha. But the pit vibes were cool, everyone rocking a different Target/UO britney shirt, haha.

I think she started off really strong. During the floor routine of WB, the smoke completely covered her up so all you could see were her legs haha. We were happy that she got the state (TX) right haha, though she didn't say one word about Domination, the US Grand Prix or it being the last POM show.

BOMT/OIDIA were fine. Gimme More was great, high energy. And then things started to lose steam during Clumsy/CYM. Clumsy just sounds even worse live, and the crowd wasnt really into it. At one point during the end, her mic fell off, haha, which was a little poetic. I think CYM as a song, but the performance wasnt that great either, just felt like she was winging it.

People really got into S&S, though I missed the big wheels. The outfit she wore for club set was atrocious, like it didn't make sense at all nor did it match the backdrop or the dancers. I find it weird that she basically wore 6 different versions of black lingerie/underwear. The last POM I saw had a much more interesting color palette going on. "DYWTCO?" was a **** show, like is it usually that slow tempo wise in Vegas? Something seemed wrong and I figured they were gonna have to start over because of the tempo. I love that song too and think itd be fun live, but it made me anxious.

So then the next set happened... Her team needs to get smacked for the next set. The makeup overall was awful racoon eyes, but I cant believe they let her go out on stage with a bunch of smeared lipstick all over her face. We were all trying to figure out if it was just the lighting, but she definitely had a bunch of lipstick on her right cheek that was insane looking. It was actually kinda sad. This was probably the low point of the show.

Things started turning around during the Circus set though. The sun started going down faster,so the lights and video looked more vibrant and colorful like it's supposed to. People were really into Circus, prob more than Womanizer. I realized during If U Seek Amy that we were all witnessing the last performances of some of these songs ever. Like, she doesnt ever have to do If U Seek Amy ever again, it's always these weird clown performances that dont really capture the song. But kinda a cool thought I had. Breathe On Me was great. I do think it's the best all around choreographed song the whole show and limits the franticness of some of the higher paced numbers have when Britney gets a little off beat. Sad that TOMH was cut especially since we were right in front of the catwalk.

Was nice to hear the crowd sing the ballad Toxic, with just the piano, you could really hear the audience. But no tree really flattens the performance. Honestly, I think the loudest the crowd sang was "Crazy", people loved it. Bruno Mars had a bunch of fireworks. Britney unfortunately did not, but the confetti cannons at the end were great.

At the end, her dancers and her shared a long group hug and they put up a screen saying "Thank You..." and then it was over by 7:30p, haha. Which as I age, it was kinda nice to be outta there earlier, but strange nonetheless.

I had a really good time. I never saw Britney outside before and was fun to be around other Britney fans singing along and cheering her on.

Looks like my videos are getting around, I have a lot more, but dont want my friends to kill me from Britney overload, haha. I may upload the Crazy one later as it's a short clip, but she looks good in it. I tried to get all the dance breaks and 'favorite moments' of the show for you guys:

https://www.instagram.com/j0eje0/

Do you live on Austin? It's always funny to me to see people on Exhale that live in the same general area as me. lol

7 hours ago, really really cool guy said:

Like 6 pounds in 2 years? Shocking :bedtime:

Yeah, given how petite and toned she is, it only takes very minimal weight gain (e.g., ~5 lbs) to visibly show up on her figure. But even so, I don’t think anyone would’ve noticed those few pounds at all if she just had different costumes; all of her costumes are extremely tight and strappy, meaning even if she’s simply a bit bloated, her body will inevitably spill a little over and around wherever the straps are tight. 

She doesn’t need to lose any weight, IMO, but desperately needs new costumes.

It's not just the weight she gained, ok, we're not gonna crucify her for that..

It's the whole of her image... awful costumes which make her look even fatter, terrible hair and hideous make up.. 

At the end of the show, in TTWE, you just look at her and then look at her promo pic at the back of the stage and it looks ridiculous..

I mean, just compare the whole POM Tour with the Apple Music Festival (or whatever other event in 2016-2017), by the end of those shows she was all sweaty but she still looked GORGEOUS.

12 hours ago, really really cool guy said:

Why were y'all so mad about the Grand Prix show?? She was fluid a and did all the dance moves. Even the slave breakdown :wyd:

I hated the hair and outfits but this was really good:

Even Make me looked good wtf :orangu:

the show looked really good, britney looked like she was really happy and enjoying!

some of you don't give britney any credit! not many other performers can dance like britney does.

1 hour ago, really really cool guy said:

She gained like 2 pounds since then. You're acting like she looks like a whale or smth :juggingu:

Girl..

I didnt say "she got so fat" , I simply said that she gained weight and everyone saw that.

Dont assume things. everyone thought it.

Archived