The Official Britney Spears Formula 1 Grand Prix Thread

Jordan Miller

7:22 - owards for Slave break and the double dip, and also she is so fluid on the Make Me rap bit

It's as if her lower back and legs are moving again

and she's much more in sync with the rhythm, her body reacts to slight changes in the music

Minus the hair touching tic and the outfits - she's at her best right now at performing so I'm very excited about Domination

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

she performs much better than Circusney, FFney, or even early POMney

I think people tend to only remember the past fondly 

But I've actually watched her on the POM tour

she's much more energized, relaxed, fluid in her movements

It does feel like watching Primeney sometimes actually

Her legs and lower back are moving and she gives more effort in her movements

She did quite good, but you can tell that she's as tired of this show as her fans. I mean, I can kind of understand her, it must be hard to be excited about a show you've done for 5 years, and when you're not excited for something, this happens: the ticks, the scrapped moves, the stiffness... She desperately needed this show to end, I feel like she will do much better on the new one basically because it'll be fresh and she won't be able to go through the motion because she actually has to pay attention to what she's doing, you know what I'm saying? 

17 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I know what thread you were trying to comment in. Imma respond though. 

I think US is way more important to Vegas and the money machine so I’m pretty sure Britney’s team pays some money to get good articles. I’m sure it’s what Beyoncé and Taylor do as well. 

Hmm, that’s certainly possible and would make sense. However, I would nevertheless be surprised since it doesn’t seem like her team does anything to garner positive hype for her in the press (like the two artists you mentioned). 

1 minute ago, LostInAnImage said:

Hmm, that’s certainly possible and would make sense. However, I would nevertheless be surprised since it doesn’t seem like her team does anything to garner positive hype for her in the press (like the two artists you mentioned). 

It’s easy. I’m almost positive they do. Social media is very important, I think it’s what has kept Britney afloat for so long. You will notice big articles like Billboard are good while smaller magazines are normally the truth. They aren’t going to put money into a small audience exposure. 

There is no way that most of the gp think she is great. When ppl say everyone has fun at Vegas and the videos dont it justice...I laugh because at my show ppl barely danced and where complaining about Britney’s lack of everything. 

I will say in the pit might be different because hardcore (some delusional) fans pay a lot to get close to Britney. I’m sure it’s exciting up there but doesn’t take away the fact a lot of ppl aren’t happy. 

4 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

You will notice big articles like Billboard are good while smaller magazines are normally the truth.

Actually, this makes sense because the few super negative reviews I did see regarding the US POMT dates were written by local papers. 

On the other hand, I don’t think there’s any denying POM was very successful; after all, it was extended for two (more) years (!) and won two consecutive “Best of Vegas” awards.

However, it became really sad sometime after she got bored with the 2.0 revamp and/or became preoccupied by Sam, and I am concerned for the future of Domination (and Britney’s career in general). I think immediately going back to Vegas is a big mistake. Provided she still wants to do this, everything about her team and personal work ethic needs to have a complete metamorphosis. They should treat the 20th anniversary as essentially a blank slate and start from scratch. After a decade of getting a free pass for mediocrity, she has a LOT to prove at this point. 

1 minute ago, LostInAnImage said:

Actually, this makes sense because the few super negative reviews I did see regarding the US POMT dates were written by local papers. 

On the other hand, I don’t think there’s any denying POM was very successful; after all, it was extended for two (more) years (!) and won two consecutive “Best of Vegas” awards.

However, it became really sad sometime after she got bored with the 2.0 revamp and/or became preoccupied by Sam, and I am concerned for the future of Domination (and Britney’s career in general). I think immediately going back to Vegas is a big mistake. Provided she still wants to do this, everything about her team and personal work ethic needs to have a complete metamorphosis. They should treat the 20th anniversary as essentially a blank slate and start from scratch. After a decade of getting a free pass for mediocrity, she has a LOT to prove at this point. 

I didn’t say it wasnt successful. I went to Vegas but I have no drive to go to the new show, unless a miracle happens. My point is ppl have held on but so many ppl are giving up. Ppl aren’t happy and Vegas is the only thing they have. If they keep delivering this poor quality she will be done. No coming back. 

I do think they hyped up stuff with Vegas. Every night basically there were empty seats. Awards can be bought. 

I agree. Stop living on past successs but from larry’s Comments i don’t even think a promo track is in thought. 

10 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I didn’t say it wasnt successful. I went to Vegas but I have no drive to go to the new show, unless a miracle happens. My point is ppl have held on but so many ppl are giving up. Ppl aren’t happy and Vegas is the only thing they have. If they keep delivering this poor quality she will be done. No coming back. 

I do think they hyped up stuff with Vegas. Every night basically there were empty seats. Awards can be bought. 

I agree. Stop living on past successs but from larry’s Comments i don’t even think a promo track is in thought. 

No you didn’t, sorry for adding that in there with no context; I’m super tired (4:30 AM here) and my brain is starting to do that stream-of-consciousness thing where I just write down whatever pops in my head, regardless of whether or not it’s even related to the topic at hand or post I’m replying to. :pieceofwhat: Insomnia is a *****. :brityawning:

I am of the same mindset re: Domination; I have no desire to plan an expensive trip out there unless she demonstrates prolonged consistency. Every night shouldn’t be a crapshoot as to whether or not the performer will bother doing her job. Most of us work really hard for our money and it’s downright disrespectful when she, a multimillionaire earning 500k a show, stands up there fixing her hair for 90 minutes without even bothering to lipsync or acknowledge the audience. 

16 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

No you didn’t, sorry for adding that in there with no context; I’m super tired (4:30 AM here) and my brain is starting to do that stream-of-consciousness thing where I just write down whatever pops in my head, regardless of whether or not it’s even related to the topic at hand or post I’m replying to. :pieceofwhat: Insomnia is a *****. :brityawning:

I am of the same mindset re: Domination; I have no desire to plan an expensive trip out there unless she demonstrates prolonged consistency. Every night shouldn’t be a crapshoot as to whether or not the performer will bother doing her job. Most of us work really hard for our money and it’s downright disrespectful when she, a multimillionaire earning 500k a show, stands up there fixing her hair for 90 minutes without even bothering to lipsync or acknowledge the audience. 

I feel like a lot of ppl are in the same boat. There is more activity right now than there is when something happens. Or her remaining majority of fans are from other countries. 

Yeah. I agree. The excuses drive me insane. When the show is bad I’m already expecting the saying “Give it a few shows. She probably didn’t rehearse enough.” 

Like 500k and she doesn’t rehearse enough. Like what....

or “She is sick of her old songs, that is why she is bored.” 

She signed up for a GH show. These ppl :umok:

12 hours ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

Idk why that was taken out too?, the stage was the same therefore the lift was there but they like what couldn’t run it because it costed money?!? Hiesbtly she should’ve come up from this lift as an entrance in wb it would’ve looked better than walking out 

ANYTHING would’ve been better than that “entrance.” I’ve never seen a popstar, much less a pop icon, do anything that incredibly lame.

Like, I took my oldest sister to see Josh Groban for her birthday earlier tonight and thought I’d be bored to tears, but despite Groban, my sister and myself being the youngest people in attendance by several decades, it was nevertheless a sold-out arena of 50k with production that blew Britney’s most recent tour out of the water. And I honestly cannot believe I’m saying that. 

3 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

ANYTHING would’ve been better than that “entrance.” I’ve never seen a popstar, much less a pop icon, do anything that incredibly lame.

Like, I took my oldest sister to see Josh Groban for her birthday earlier tonight and thought I’d be bored to tears, but despite Groban, my sister and myself being the youngest people in attendance by several decades, it was nevertheless a sold-out arena of 50k with production that blew Britney’s most recent tour out of the water. And I honestly cannot believe I’m saying that. 

Josh Groban had better production than Britney? :ohi:

I believe it but it’s still like...Josh Groban

His song for the movie Troy was amazing though. 

11 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I feel like a lot of ppl are in the same boat. There is more activity right now than there is when something happens. Or her remaining majority of fans are from other countries. 

Yeah. I agree. The excuses drive me insane. When the show is bad I’m already expecting the saying “Give it a few shows. She probably didn’t rehearse enough.” 

Like 500k and she doesn’t rehearse enough. Like what....

or “She is sick of her old songs, that is why she is bored.” 

She signed up for a GH show. These ppl :umok:

I would be 100% supportive and empathetic if either she or her team simply leveled with us and stated her mental health necessitates either a) a long break/retirement or b) a much simpler production because the big spectacle is too overwhelming for her to rehearse and remember. But when they don’t tell us anything and then just expect us to fork over our money for the 20th year straight, it’s very easy to become disillusioned and apathetic, regardless of how long you’ve been a loyal fan. 

2 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

I would be 100% supportive and empathetic if either she or her team simply leveled with us and stated her mental health necessitates either a) a long break/retirement or b) a much simpler production because the big spectacle is too overwhelming for her to rehearse and remember. But when they don’t tell us anything and then just expect us to fork over our money for the 20th year straight, it’s very easy to become disillusioned and apathetic, regardless of how long you’ve been a loyal fan. 

Yeah that is also a problem. They act like she is the same...which she obviously isn’t. 

They use being shy as an excuse. Like no...

56 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Josh Groban had better production than Britney? :ohi:

I believe it but it’s still like...Josh Groban

His song for the movie Troy was amazing though. 

I know, right? I was shocked. The only song I even knew by him was “You Raise Me Up.” :pieceofwhat: But yeah, he had really impressive laser and light shows personalized for each song, creative and entertaining backdrops/projections, huge screens, etc. It looked well-done, professional and expensive.

Plus he played a million instruments and sang incredibly in fluent English, Italian, Spanish and French. He also talked a lot to the audience between every single song. (Now I sound like a converted “Grobanite,” but I’m definitely not. He’s insanely talented but his music is just really boring to me.)

And even the far less impressive opening act, Idina Menzel, had equivalent props (and a far better costume) in contrast to the POMT, and when she sang “Let It Go,” the snow falling around her was like Britney’s POM performance of “Everytime,” (except with incredible live vocals, that is). Also, this was the only other song I recognized all night. :woopsie:

But given it’s the 20th anniversary of BOMT, the whole thing made me sad, honestly. I’d love to once again see Britney be the best performer in the industry. 

Archived