The Official Britney Spears Las Vegas Residency Announcement Thread

summer2summer

I’m going opening night. I’ve been to the last POM at the Axis and wanted to go first night in Vegas. I wanted to be surprise and not know whats coming in the show. Also wanted to support her and the new residency. Im excited! (I was suplded to go to GAGA the week before but cancelled gaga because Britney always goes first in my heart )

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Enzocuban said:

I’m going opening night. I’ve been to the last POM at the Axis and wanted to go first night in Vegas. I wanted to be surprise and not know whats coming in the show. Also wanted to support her and the new residency. Im excited! (I was suplded to go to GAGA the week before but cancelled gaga because Britney always goes first in my heart )

Yay to opening night! What tickets did you get? I'm the front row of section 201. :)

48 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I feel like it all is going to be so rushed. 

I would like a doc though. 

This. I don't want things to seem more rushed than they already do.

I'm excited for the new show, but I'd almost rather them film a backstage look at the first few shows and put together a doc promoting it after the first couple of months.

It's a great idea, especially because she’s been so guarded (and stuck in Vegas) for so many years that the last time the majority of the public really saw her was during XFactor, and that did more harm than good. 

Netflix would be a great way to introduce her to new audiences and even much younger people who know next to nothing about her. I used to think only fans watched these kinds of things, but Gaga’s 5 ft 2 documentary was on Netflix, and two of my friends, both non-Gaga fans, actually watched it and wound up being big fans just based on the documentary alone; one even bought Joanne immediately afterward (personally I think it’s a bit weird to buy someone’s music solely because you like them as a person, but it does happen. Probably more than we know, and Britney’s relatability was likely a big part of her success during her prime). 

Also as an aside, out of all Gaga’s albums, why the **** would you pick Joanne? :xfactorlook: I tried to talk her into TFM or BTW but she actually liked the CD. Anyway, now my friend is a big enough fan that she saw ASIB opening weekend and also bought the soundtrack.

So, point being, these types of streaming documentaries aren’t just great for the fans but also really do expose them to new audiences and most importantly helps humanize them. Humanizing pop stars is crucial because people typically perceive them as robots controlled by the music industry with no independent thought or talent whatsoever. People need to respect someone before they can like or appreciate them. :mhm:

55 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

It's a great idea, especially because she’s been so guarded (and stuck in Vegas) for so many years that the last time the majority of the public really saw her was during XFactor, and that did more harm than good. 

Netflix would be a great way to introduce her to new audiences and even much younger people who know next to nothing about her. I used to think only fans watched these kinds of things, but Gaga’s 5 ft 2 documentary was on Netflix, and two of my friends, both non-Gaga fans, actually watched it and wound up being big fans just based on the documentary alone; one even bought Joanne immediately afterward (personally I think it’s a bit weird to buy someone’s music solely because you like them as a person, but it does happen. Probably more than we know, and Britney’s relatability was likely a big part of her success during her prime). 

Also as an aside, out of all Gaga’s albums, why the **** would you pick Joanne? :xfactorlook: I tried to talk her into TFM or BTW but she actually liked the CD. Anyway, now my friend is a big enough fan that she saw ASIB opening weekend and also bought the soundtrack.

So, point being, these types of streaming documentaries aren’t just great for the fans but also really do expose them to new audiences and most importantly helps humanize them. Humanizing pop stars is crucial because people typically perceive them as robots controlled by the music industry with no independent thought or talent whatsoever. People need to respect someone before they can like or appreciate them. :mhm:

Britney tried to talk about the humanization of pop stars in 2003.Nobody wanted to listen now is late.I would to hear her talking in depth about her beginnings ,her ideas, everything in general ...but she would only say that "it's cool"and of course Sam(Unfortunately she and her team always try to sell us their boyfriends when we are not interested at all) will come out and his image again superficial without anything to tell interesting.

Britney: Domination 

Act 1: I’ve just begun (intro)

Work *****

Hold it against me 

Early mornin’

Break the ice

Act 2 dominatrix (intro)

Slave 4 u

Breathe on me/touch of my hand (medley)

Make me

Oops I did it again

Act 3: keep on dancing (intro)