Why has Britney never claimed her position as a feminist?

Nando.

21 hours ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Britney sells because people like her music and just check for her, **** is just an added bonus but not the specific reason on why she sells

Plenty of female artist who had a **** image but the music did not sell

Britney like being **** so I would not put that on a male being the reason for that

It's a misunderstanding. I mean, Britney is a singer, songwriter, dancer, perfomer flawless one. 

What I meant the LABEL and team/industry (which consists mostly of men) did her that "**** image" and now years later when she doesn't sing much, they even push more "**** image " on her.

I meant **** IMAGE , not that she is beautiful herself. 

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Khoazie said:

I think Britney has always been a “feminist,” in her own way, particularly when it comes to being unapologetic about her sexuality and her body; she’s not a scholar on “feminism” and women’s studies so I can’t expect her to speak on something that’s not her area of expertise. People are always so ready to tear her a new one when it comes to what she says so I can imagine she’d rather stay in her lane. But, in her own special way, she has been a feminist. Britney has always been about uplifting other women. I recall Zoe Saldana saying somewhere how giving Britney was when she was starting out in Hollywood. I have yet to see Britney say anything disparaging about her female peers in the industry. She’s never claimed to be a role model, and has made it clear that she is flawed and human and being herself is the best way to set a good example for others. She’s shown that you can be a successful woman, and be a decent person too. At the end of the day, she’s a strong survivor and a great mother. Her personal missteps to me make Her more human. 

Wonderfully written. Queen of being humble, polite, down to earth in heart.

Let's be real for sec....feminism is used as a marketing tool in Hollywood and the music industry .

At least 90% of the actresses/musicians who label themselves as feminists, slept their way to the top, one way or the other.

Not caring one bit whose husband they're screwing.

I'm glad Britney is not into that fake Hollyweird feminism.

25 minutes ago, Royalney said:

Let's be real for sec....feminism is used as a marketing tool in Hollywood and the music industry .

At least 90% of the actresses/musicians who label themselves as feminists, slept their way to the top, one way or the other.

Not caring one bit whose husband they're screwing.

I'm glad Britney is not into that fake Hollyweird feminism.

:clap:

29 minutes ago, Lilith said:

funny you mention that because Britney ****** Columbus and Adnan and Kevin while they were all in relationships/married (Columbus and Adnan were married. Adnan's wife divorced him when she learned he was with Britney) :cackling:
Good that she's not into feminism or preaching any weird feminist bullshit bc if she tried that she'd be the biggest hypocrite on earth LMFAO :well::well::well::well:

What a stupid thing!!We are talking about feminism and you come out with this.Blame a women that ironic.The only guilty are the couple not the third person.That is really ******.

12 minutes ago, Winter _90 said:

What a stupid thing!!We are talking about feminism and you come out with this.Blame a women that ironic.The only guilty are the couple not the third person.That is really ******.

of course the guys mentioned whom britney was involved with are more guilty because they were the ones who were in a relationship/married but britney knew that they were taken so she is also guilty.

32 minutes ago, britisthecolor said:

of course the guys mentioned whom britney was involved with are more guilty because they were the ones who were in a relationship/married but britney knew that they were taken so she is also guilty.

I'm sorry,but a free person can do and feel what they want without feeling guilty about anything.They are not responsible for the immorality of the person who is unfaithful and the other person who looks the other way.In my opinion and I think that if your pather is unfaithful is because something does not work between you.

The word feminism is a very wide understanding for everyone these days. I'm all for equal rights and i'm male. BUT... too many women using that word for the wrong reason. ALOT of women want to make men look like they are all ******** and rapists. There is a difference people. Feminism to me means, equal rights for everybody. But, please girls, don't act like all men are pigs and did you wrong cause women can be ******* too. It goes both ways.

44 minutes ago, Winter _90 said:

I'm sorry,but a free person can do and feel what they want without feeling guilty about anything.They are not responsible for the immorality of the person who is unfaithful and the other person who looks the other way.In my opinion and I think that if your pather is unfaithful is because something does not work between you.

if your partner is unfaithful they will probably do you wrong anyway so ı agree that they are to blame first but being with someone knowing that they are with someone else is also shitty and ı can't see it as freedom.of course they shouldn't feel guilty about their feelings but being together with those people (especially the married ones) while they are still with their partners is just...no no.britney knew that columbus was married and she tried to seduce him according to the things ı've read.still, columbus is the more guilty one, he could have rejected britney or he could have divorced from his wife if he wanted britney so badly but still what britney did was not right.

37 minutes ago, rck92 said:

The word feminism is a very wide understanding for everyone these days. I'm all for equal rights and i'm male. BUT... too many women using that word for the wrong reason. ALOT of women want to make men look like they are all ******** and rapists. There is a difference people. Feminism to me means, equal rights for everybody. But, please girls, don't act like all men are pigs and did you wrong cause women can be ******* too. It goes both ways.

If you're not an ******* or ****** then don't worry -- they're not talking about you. :checkit:

On 10/10/2018 at 5:31 PM, rck92 said:

I'm guessing you're female lol

:whatitellu:

What was your first clue? 

Males seem to feel the urge to make the "not all men" argument, but right now they really just need to step back and allow the process to happen. Allow the men who are ******** and rapists be put in their place. We get that it's not all men, but enough of us have been ******** assaulted (and all of us have to worry daily about potentially being ******** assaulted) that it's time that the atrocious behaviour gets called out for what it is.

I don't think she's a feminist in the way you might expect... Brit is a closeted republican, with all the peer pressure from Hellywood she might not want to acknowledge this and she even poses for photos with Ms. Clinton and all but it seems to me that she is a closeted republican. She loves gays, she loves liberals, she loves all people and believes everyone has the right to choose what they want but her values are pretty clear:cutebrit:

8 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

:whatitellu:

What was your first clue? 

Males seem to feel the urge to make the "not all men" argument, but right now they really just need to step back and allow the process to happen. Allow the men who are ******** and rapists be put in their place. We get that it's not all men, but enough of us have been ******** assaulted (and all of us have to worry daily about potentially being ******** assaulted) that it's time that the atrocious behaviour gets called out for what it is.

And I totally agree with that. They should be punished for their actions. However, I’m a gay man. Last two weeks when I went to a club, first there was a guy who thought it was funny to grab me by my crotch as he walked by. Second guy thought he could feel me up at my behind. I’ve experienced this over a dozen times, so that makes it ok because I’m male? No. Point is, if it was me as a female, the guy would be thrown out, and probably get a fist in his face. I can handle this myself, but there is a huge difference how males and females are being treated when both are experiencing ****** assault. So not only women experience it, but men too. Noone can just touch you or feel you up with no reason and if a woman does that to a man, it’s all laughs and good. But that’s not okay. So you can be feminist all you want, just saying that most women are portraying ALL, yes ALL men like they are ********. And that is f**king wrong. The men that do these kind of things, should be punished. But that doesn’t mean every guy has done it or will. 

On 10/10/2018 at 3:34 PM, Winter _90 said:

:rlynow:

17 minutes ago, Winter _90 said:

If there are third people in your relationship it is because something is clearly not right  between you and your partner.

Still, it was wrong for Britney to pursue or attempt to pursue a relationship with these men that she KNEW were already in a relationship. Yea, those guys were in the fault for cheating, but was it right for Britney to attempt to seduce Columbus Short, a MARRIED man who had a baby on the way at the time? Like britisthecolor said, if these guys wanted Britney oh so badly, why didn't they just end the relationships they were in? :quirkney: The men are guilty, but that doesn't mean Britney is innocent. She was in the wrong too. 

"Monogamy is the way to go.." - Britney 2003 :nopingout: 

Archived