Why has Britney never claimed her position as a feminist?

Nando.

While I don’t agree with what most people here think feminism stands for, I do agree that Britney’s career has been relying on men’s ideas on how to cater to male audiences, so it’s probably better that she doesn’t speak about it. More and more women have been vocal about how difficult it is to be a woman in show-business. It’s as if they had to be submissive so that they are allowed to even start their careers. Even if they have a strong voice, they also need to be **** to sell their music (or that’s what their labels seem to think), eg Lady Gaga supposedly couldn’t sign a record deal until she dyed her hair blonde. It’s hard to tell if today’s female acts try to be **** because a) they were explicitly told to b) they just know it’s the easiest way to gain popularity c) just because that’s what they actually want. But as long as it’s their choice - it’s okay. And because we can’t know for sure, they still can be declared as feminists even if what they do bears some resemblance to what Britney did. But in Britney’s case it’s been always obvious that her image was made up by executives, producers etc so if she made some feminist statements, she would sound like a hypocrite. 

It’s an interesting topic though. 

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, summer2summer said:

Because she's not an armpit hair grower . She does not post disguesting pictures of her bloody period pads . Is not fat ON PURPOSE . Is not a loner . She's not a victim who blames failure on the other gender . She does not see differences between men and women unlike feminists . She's not angry . She does not hate men . 

2000-2010  britney was the ultimate feminist icon when feminism actually fought for real equality . Past 2010 , where feminism stood for anger and division . She's anything but a feminist. 

your describing a stereotype, a small extreme group.

I'm a huge feminist, call me femi-**** all you want, but Britney is not supposed to be that.
She is supposed to be, in my opinion, a blank land, where no politics are meant to be, and just be an entertaintment for everybody.

It would be cool, if she was more vocal about lots of things. But feminism are, to me, a battle between classes, and society-status and talking about for example the single mothers, or the poor.

Britney was poor, but she is not what this is about. I bet she was that protected, she would never have been in Weinsteins hotel room, because she would never have been allowed. 

To me, her strongest quality is being able now to dress like what she want. She was most feminist in her CHANGE days, where she talked about wearing underwear for yourself or whatever, but I actually think she is just to lazy about being political about it, and thats okay with me. If you can change a little, let other change a lot sometimes.

NO! First, Britney can't live without a man. (Not that its relevant but nowadays, that's what "feminism" is about.)

Two, Britney needs to stay from this toxic wave of people losing their minds and doing gross things to prove they're above everyone who doesn't think the same way.

Three, Britney (and every other celeb) needs to stay away from politics. Forever. Miley and Lana Del Bore are getting attacked left and right for opening their mouths. Celebrities are here to entertain. They're not even good at that anymore. They just want to run their mouths. I'm glad Britney isn't like that. For once, I'm happy she lives in an oblivious bubble.

2 hours ago, Britney2003 said:

NO! First, Britney can't live without a man. (Not that its relevant but nowadays, that's what "feminism" is about.)

not really

2 hours ago, Britney2003 said:

Three, Britney (and every other celeb) needs to stay away from politics. Forever. Miley and Lana Del Bore are getting attacked left and right for opening their mouths. Celebrities are here to entertain.

I completely disagree. 

5 hours ago, Lilith said:

what? :cackling:
"but her feminist message was one SHOUTED out there during most of her hits" whattttt?? :cackling:
"Britney a feminist role montel" whaaaaaaaaatttttttt??? :cackling:

- She is in a cship controlled by men.:well:
- She can't live without a boytoy glued on her leg to follow her around. She's been always having boyfriends one after the other.:well:
- Her career was built thanks to men ideas.:well:
- Songs, image were all thanks to men guidance (songwriters, producers).:well:
- Her songs are submissive to men, were written by men etc.:well:
- She has relied for her entire life on men. :well:

She always allowed men in her entire career to make decisions for her. How shes a feminist when she is not even independent as an individual? She has always been depended on others. She can't even function alone without having enablers,team,assistants,boyfriends. Almost everything in her life is legit controlled by men. :well:
If anything she is exactly the opposite. She is pretty much everything the feminists hate!  :well:

Basically.... Britney is a WOMAN and if she wants to sell, it has to be **** bc.... tbh men = we rule the world, we make money, we want *** nothing else. its in genes lol.

So a Male singer has to be **** hot for female audience..

Srsly sometimes Im so pissed at every single male, but meh whatever

lalallalaaaaaa :fu:

6 hours ago, Lilith said:

what? :cackling:
"but her feminist message was one SHOUTED out there during most of her hits" whattttt?? :cackling:
"Britney a feminist role montel" whaaaaaaaaatttttttt??? :cackling:

- She is in a cship controlled by men.:well:
- She can't live without a boytoy glued on her leg to follow her around. She's been always having boyfriends one after the other.:well:
- Her career was built thanks to men ideas.:well:
- Songs, image were all thanks to men guidance (songwriters, producers).:well:
- Her songs are submissive to men, were written by men etc.:well:
- She has relied for her entire life on men. :well:

She always allowed men in her entire career to make decisions for her. How shes a feminist when she is not even independent as an individual? She has always been depended on others. She can't even function alone without having enablers,team,assistants,boyfriends. Almost everything in her life is legit controlled by men. :well:
If anything she is exactly the opposite. She is pretty much everything the feminists hate!  :well:

There are female that work at these labels and there are female songwriters that have written for Britney or written along with Britney

You cannot give the credit of Britney image to to only males because remember that Britney very involved in what she wears throughout her career

1 hour ago, It'sSandraBitch said:

Basically.... Britney is a WOMAN and if she wants to sell, it has to be **** bc.... tbh men = we rule the world, we make money, we want *** nothing else. its in genes lol.

Britney sells because people like her music and just check for her, **** is just an added bonus but not the specific reason on why she sells

Plenty of female artist who had a **** image but the music did not sell

Britney like being **** so I would not put that on a male being the reason for that

2 minutes ago, Lilith said:

a couple of female songwriters compared to the dozens of male songwriters that have written songs for britney is a major difference cappy :cackling:Britneys image was entirely built based on men ideas and you will deal:cackling:

I assure you if Britney was a fat ugly ***** she wouldn't be successful at ALL or popular. She only sold because of her image. It's not "added bonus", it's the major reason. Goodbye cappy :cackling: let's not act like britney is adele who can sit in one spot and sing and be successful thanks to her voice alone :cackling:

Image is important in the industry but its never the only reason why Britney sells

People check for her and like the music

People check for Adele as boring as she can be

3 hours ago, It'sSandraBitch said:

I dont think britney sells bc she is ****. Hardly any straight men care for buying her stuff. Its mostly gays and girls. I think britney likes to be ****, for her. People always think people acting **** is for men but sometimes people just really enjoy being ****.

Archived