Why has Britney never claimed her position as a feminist?

Nando.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Britney2003 said:

NO! First, Britney can't live without a man. (Not that its relevant but nowadays, that's what "feminism" is about.)

Two, Britney needs to stay from this toxic wave of people losing their minds and doing gross things to prove they're above everyone who doesn't think the same way.

Three, Britney (and every other celeb) needs to stay away from politics. Forever. Miley and Lana Del Bore are getting attacked left and right for opening their mouths. Celebrities are here to entertain. They're not even good at that anymore. They just want to run their mouths. I'm glad Britney isn't like that. For once, I'm happy she lives in an oblivious bubble.

Do your research

you CAN rely on men. Men have conquered the world with the support of women for their whole lives. Feminism is about EQUALITY and it doesnt rely on hating men

4 hours ago, Goku said:

The hate for feminism in this thread... seriously? :cackling:

You're a feminist if you want equality and if you hate feminism you hate equality. Simple. :nobitch:

Anyways, Britney is a feminist but she never talks about this stuff cause she lives in her own bubble. Sad. :smokney:

This people. This.

4 hours ago, I Always Sing Live said:

not how that works.. you can support equality without being a feminist.. :mj: thing is, actions speak louder than words.. even if feminism IN THEORY does stand for equality, IN PRACTICE it's toxic as ****.. :heresthetea: same with Black Lives Matter and the LGBT community.. I support the idea but I'm against the actions.. :hiii:

You support the idea but is against the actions. Oh. So people are gonna continue to defend your cause (idk if you are gay or a woman) and get you your rights and you'll just sit there and earn them. I dont go to the gay parade that happens in my city for instance but I love that they have them and do extreme things to get attention while on them because we need to be seen and heard and get our rights. So you should support the idea AND the actions. Those extreme actions are what changes peoples views and make them pay attention. Otherwise every minority would continue to be that. A minority. And never heard.

4 hours ago, Goku said:

You can be a feminist even if men control your life.

She tried to escape from the conservatorship cause she wants to be free. Feminism.

She cried if FTR cause they control her but she wasn't ok with it. Feminism.

This speech. She cares. She's a feminist. :smokney:

You are a great person thanks for existing

22 minutes ago, Lilith Slave said:

I consider myself to be a feminist because I believe in equality for men and women

I don't particularly think Britney's music is feminist and you haven't done much in the manner of making a convincing argument to explain why it is.

There isn't anything feminist about a young woman in the 21st century making songs about ***, love, and dancing

Omg its exactly the opposite. You cant throw away the past. If she can talk about those things nowadays without getting slapped on the face for being ****** is because of FEMINISM.

In the past female sexuality was seen as a disease and the ******** for instance was first created as a tool to control those ****** urges in women. It was seen as something evil and bad, women who claimed their sexuality were seen as witches. If Britney can talk about it in her songs and wear whatever she wants its because she can. Its because of equality.

3 minutes ago, Nando. said:

Omg its exactly the opposite. You cant throw away the past. If she can talk about those things nowadays without getting slapped on the face for being ****** is because of FEMINISM.

In the past female sexuality was seen as a disease and the ******** for instance was first created as a tool to control those ****** urges in women. It was seen as something evil and bad, women who claimed their sexuality were seen as witches. If Britney can talk about it in her songs and wear whatever she wants its because she can. Its because of equality.

lol yeah that's why Madonna is a feminist icon and Britney isn't

Britney didn't do any heavy lifting or do anything for equality. Lol that's like saying a college that admits black students is an advocate for racial justice. If it's the norm now, it doesn't qualify as activism.

Just now, Lilith Slave said:

lol yeah that's why Madonna is a feminist icon and Britney isn't

Britney didn't do any heavy lifting or do anything for equality. Lol that's like saying a college that admits black students is an advocate for racial justice. If it's the norm now, it doesn't qualify as activism.

I didnt say she should claim her place as an activist. I asked why didnt she ever claim herself as a feminist. When she is. When she sings "i am the bad *****, the ***** that you're loving up" on work ***** for instance. And like the ted talk i linked on the first page says, women who claim themselves as ******* are actually calling themselves a boss, a powerful business woman, not something degrating like the word implies. Watch it. You'll get what we are on about.

1 minute ago, Nando. said:

I didnt say she should claim her place as an activist. I asked why didnt she ever claim herself as a feminist. When she is. When she sings "i am the bad *****, the ***** that you're loving up" on work ***** for instance. And like the ted talk i linked on the first page says, women who claim themselves as ******* are actually calling themselves a boss, a powerful business woman, not something degrating like the word implies. Watch it. You'll get what we are on about.

she probably didn't even sing that song nor did she write it but go off

20 hours ago, ralphcornio said:

Thanks god tho. Geez, everything needs to be a political statement these days. :cackling:

19 hours ago, crazyhazy said:

Brit doesn't need to come out as a feminist, because she doesn't care about your boring politics. 

THIS

real feminists don't flaunt it for attention, they live it out as part of who they are

47 minutes ago, Britman512 said:

I dont think she wants be a feminist as she has said before when referring to music "it's just a song" her music means nothing to her, it's just feel good music britney is not a deep artist she just here to get her coin and go home :comingthru:

Actually,that's wonderful.It is very important to listen to a song to disconnect from your work,your studies,your stressful life.I like that philosophy of life and how she wants to transmit it,listen to a song after having had a horrible day and that song makes you feel good.Simple.

17 hours ago, WilderWein said:

your describing a stereotype, a small extreme group.

No im not . I used to be a hardcore feminist . Every feminist out there once you dwelve into conversation will tell you that all women should grow armpit hair , gain more weight and basically try to piss ANY man off , their communities have pictures of famous men with blood all over them it's disturbing i cannot be part of that . Im tired of it . It used to frame bad men as villans but its framing every man out there as a terrible being and this will backfire , this is why i dont identify myself as a feminist anymore. It's like religion , where the religion itself is about peace but people are using religions as  political self interest movements to justify acts of criminal violence. Modern feminism is destrying women more than anything . All you see is angry feminists on tv screaming sexism and getting applauded by other women . You think this won't backfire? 

I think Britney has always been a “feminist,” in her own way, particularly when it comes to being unapologetic about her sexuality and her body; she’s not a scholar on “feminism” and women’s studies so I can’t expect her to speak on something that’s not her area of expertise. People are always so ready to tear her a new one when it comes to what she says so I can imagine she’d rather stay in her lane. But, in her own special way, she has been a feminist. Britney has always been about uplifting other women. I recall Zoe Saldana saying somewhere how giving Britney was when she was starting out in Hollywood. I have yet to see Britney say anything disparaging about her female peers in the industry. She’s never claimed to be a role model, and has made it clear that she is flawed and human and being herself is the best way to set a good example for others. She’s shown that you can be a successful woman, and be a decent person too. At the end of the day, she’s a strong survivor and a great mother. Her personal missteps to me make Her more human. 

10 hours ago, WilderWein said:

I dont think britney sells bc she is ****. Hardly any straight men care for buying her stuff. Its mostly gays and girls. I think britney likes to be ****, for her. People always think people acting **** is for men but sometimes people just really enjoy being ****.

This! Crossroads, was produced by an all female team backed by Shonda Rhimes and Tamra Davis, and wasn’t about attracting men. They specifically targeted young teen girls and wanted to emphasize the girl-bonding theme in the movie to show that girls don’t have to be catty to be cool. Girl power etc.

10 hours ago, Goku said:

You can be a feminist even if men control your life.

She tried to escape from the conservatorship cause she wants to be free. Feminism.

She cried if FTR cause they control her but she wasn't ok with it. Feminism.

This speech. She cares. She's a feminist. :smokney:

This video. :clap:

Archived