Other artists Britney Jean?

BritintheZone

1 hour ago, Inuyasha said:

Comme Moi alone is worse than all of Shakira imo:demi:. Or maybe that's just cause I stan Empire so f**king much, I love "Shakira":yesplease:

Comme Moi is a bop :demi: You should slander Trap instead :demi:

Empire is a bop like every song on Shakira :makesomenoise: My issue with the album is the generic producers she got and how it doesn't really flow at all, it's just a compilation of cute love songs

That being said, 23 >>>>> :demi:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Isla. said:

You clearly didn't read my post lol.

I'd say a BJ is an album that doesn't do well and has medicore material (according to critics anyway, fans may think otherwise). So I wouldn't say Joanne was Gaga's BJ. 

And when it was released critics didn't give it good reviews. 

You named American Life. If you think American Life has mediocre material, you're deaf.

There is no Britney Jean album of big pop stars around if I had to name one with my definition of a Britney Jean.

No involvement of the artist in writing nor singing the major part of the album. Unsuccessful on charts due to lack of proper marketing, performances and single choices because the album was just promotional material for a Vegas residency.

Like I said there is no major artist that had an era with all those bullet points checked on my list.

• 1 year later...
On 8/18/2018 at 7:48 PM, Isla said:

Xtina - Bionic

Gaga - ARTPOP

Miley - Younger Now

Katy - Witness

JLo - Brave/AKA

Mariah - Glitter

Madonna - American Life

I'd say a BJ is an album that doesn't do well and has medicore material (according to critics anyway, fans may think otherwise). So I wouldn't say Joanne was Gaga's BJ. 

ARTPOP is Gaga's Bionic and Joanne is her 4.

AKA is Jlo's Bionic (sonically-wise it's her Femme Fatale)

Witness is Katy's BJ

Miley yes!

Here are some of my picks:

• Justin Timberlake - Man Of The Woods
    This whole album just seems like such a mess. I tried listening to it once, but I just could not get through it. "Filthy" is plain gross, both lyric- and production-wise, "Midnight Summer Jam" gets tiring and annoying very quickly, "Supplies" is simply bad... the only song I like from this whole album is "Say Something". It really damaged JT's career.
  • Katy Perry - Witness
    Poor single choices, weird music videos and a drastic change in appearance were some of the reasons behind the massive failure of KP's Witness. While I don't think the record is that bad, the general consenus is that it was one of 2017's worst. It also arguably killed Katy's relevance in the pop industry.
  • Iggy Azalea - In My Defense
    After everything that happened during Iggy Azalea's career, most were expecting her to make a personal, introspective record. Instead, what we got was a fun, albeit vapid album about ***, getting money, spending money, designer clothes and only a few songs adressing her haters. In My Defense received mostly mixed-to-negative reviews from critics.
  • Liz Phair - Liz Phair
    For those who don't know, Liz Phair is a rock legend who debuted in 1993 with her album Exile In Guyville, which is considered an indie rock classic today. In 2003, she released her self-titled 4th studio album, which basically showed her, a 36-year-old woman (same age as Britney when she released Glory), making a childish, Avril Lavigne-like pop rock record. It received mixed to negative reviews, and for good reason. It has some fun songs, like "Extraordinary", but there are some REALLY bad songs here, like "Rock Me". "H.W.C." is one of the biggest musical trainwrecks I've ever heard.
11 minutes ago, Shadow2003 said:

Here are some of my picks:

• Justin Timberlake - Man Of The Woods
    This whole album just seems like such a mess. I tried listening to it once, but I just could not get through it. "Filthy" is plain gross, both lyric- and production-wise, "Midnight Summer Jam" gets tiring and annoying very quickly, "Supplies" is simply bad... the only song I like from this whole album is "Say Something". It really damaged JT's career.
  • Katy Perry - Witness
    Poor single choices, weird music videos and a drastic change in appearance were some of the reasons behind the massive failure of KP's Witness. While I don't think the record is that bad, the general consenus is that it was one of 2017's worst. It also arguably killed Katy's relevance in the pop industry.
  • Iggy Azalea - In My Defense
    After everything that happened during Iggy Azalea's career, most were expecting her to make a personal, introspective record. Instead, what we got was a fun, albeit vapid album about ***, getting money, spending money, designer clothes and only a few songs adressing her haters. In My Defense received mostly mixed-to-negative reviews from critics.
  • Liz Phair - Liz Phair
    For those who don't know, Liz Phair is a rock legend who debuted in 1993 with her album Exile In Guyville, which is considered an indie rock classic today. In 2003, she released her self-titled 4th studio album, which basically showed her, a 36-year-old woman (same age as Britney when she released Glory), making a childish, Avril Lavigne-like pop rock record. It received mixed to negative reviews, and for good reason. It has some fun songs, like "Extraordinary", but there are some REALLY bad songs here, like "Rock Me". "H.W.C." is one of the biggest musical trainwrecks I've ever heard.

Liz Phair's "Why Can't I Breathe" is so nostalgic for me... I bought the album and most of it did suck.  Lol. I find her work to be very weak.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/19/2018 at 8:13 PM, Isla said:

So I wouldn't say Joanne was Gaga's BJ. 

Joanne is an actual personal album and most of the songs are very heartfelt. BJ was pushed as her most personal album, when it literally has 0 personal/heartfelt tracks whatsoever, and that title belongs to In The Zone. So Joanne is not Gaga's BJ

Well, I'm not too sure how to define a BJ because what distinguishes it from other Britney albums is that she barely sang on it and I don't know any other artist who doesn't sing on their albums so... But I think I know more or less what it could mean so here are my picks:

Kelly Clarkson - Piece by Piece (generic, boring, ugly cover, maybe one or two really good songs, the rest is pretty horrible)

Avril Lavigne's self titled (incoherent, poorly produced, forgettable, but has some gems just like BJ)

Mariah Carey - Rainbow (I never loved it like the other Mariah albums, Rainbow has two of the most awful Mariah songs ever - X-Girlfriend and Did I Do That?, it's incoherent, the sound is dated, but then again, it has gems like Petals)

Archived